Challenge to John Barton aka onepocketchump

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
You have a game with Lou as you requested for $20,000. You giving 9/8 as you offered race to 7 in Vegas in May. 10% posted with a reputable party in case of no show. Do you accept the challenge?

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
You have a game with Lou as you requested for $20,000. You giving 9/8 as you offered race to 7 in Vegas in May. 10% posted with a reputable party in case of no show. Do you accept the challenge?

No of course I do not accept the challenge. I don't think I can beat Lou with this spot but I want to give it up on the off chance that I can out run the nuts.

I have told Louser that he can get a game with me for $100 a game and that I will guarantee to play until I lose at least $500 or he quits.

The offer to give up 9/8 is just my ego kicking in AS I HAVE SAID AT LEAST TEN TIMES over the course of the past six months.

I suppose this is Lou's way of getting out of playing by trying to high roll me. That's fine, I expected there to be an excuse and this one is traditional.

Now, if LOUSER wants to give up a spot that makes it a truly fair game between a player of his caliber and a hack like me then then we certainly bet high and I will escrow my end with Chase Bank in Indianapolis. So you and whoever you represent can go back to the drawing board and figure it out if you really want to get in my pocket.

If not then stop blowing things out of proportion AND also there is a thread already started for anyone who wants action with me in the member's cafe' section.

Tell him to play me for bragging rights. He has already lost to me once in a rinky dink forum member tournament just after I learned Hal's aiming system. I am just offering him the opportunity to avenge that one slip of losing to a tinfoil hat wearing system groupie.

Otherwise please stay out it. Lou is a ****ing nit and I'd prefer it if you woudn't get between me and him or let him get between you and I. If you had been on RSB talking about your aiming system that you like 8 years ago then Lou would have ridiculed you to no end. In person he is a nice enough guy as are most of us but online he's a jerk to no end as are a lot of us.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Tell you what Louser.

Since you (or someone) thinks that you can highroll me here is what I will do IF I make it out to the US Open in May. I will play you a ten ahead set for $10,000 even no spot.

If I win that set then I will give you 9/8 and play another 10 ahead set for $10,000

And if I beat you in that one I will give you 10/8 for another 10k and we can do that until your backers run out of money.

I thought about this and I don't think you can win. I am selling myself short. With your attitude I am certain you aren't getting better. But I am. And I beat you once already and I sure I can do it again when it really counts.

So those are my terms IF I manage to arrange it so that I can come to the US Open. We can post out there in cash on the light.

Please have your manager get in touch with me.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
Tell you what Louser.

Since you (or someone) thinks that you can highroll me here is what I will do IF I make it out to the US Open in May. I will play you a ten ahead set for $10,000 even no spot.

If I win that set then I will give you 9/8 and play another 10 ahead set for $10,000

And if I beat you in that one I will give you 10/8 for another 10k and we can do that until your backers run out of money.

I thought about this and I don't think you can win. I am selling myself short. With your attitude I am certain you aren't getting better. But I am. And I beat you once already and I sure I can do it again when it really counts.

So those are my terms IF I manage to arrange it so that I can come to the US Open. We can post out there in cash on the light.

Its better you let someone hold the money. Because the lights can go out. And if the people come in with the stars . You can kiss your money good by. I am sure you both can find someone nutral too hold it.

But you can doit any way you want. I am looking out for both players. Because thats the wright thing too do.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Its better you let someone hold the money. Because the lights can go out. And if the people come in with the stars . You can kiss your money good by. I am sure you both can find someone nutral too hold it.

But you can doit any way you want. I am looking out for both players. Because thats the wright thing too do.

If it gets that far someone we both trust will be holding the money. I don't actually think I have posted the money on the light in my life.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
If it gets that far someone we both trust will be holding the money. I don't actually think I have posted the money on the light in my life.[/QUOTE

If you but it on the light you might get charged for they light bill.Good luck too both players. Sounds like good action. May the best man wun.

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
Tell you what Louser.

An awesome challenge. I quoted it just so Lou can read it, since he is having you on ignore.

When will you decide if you go to Vegas in May or not?

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
After all the talk John that has been said it would not be worth it for Lou to be in the same room playing for less than $20,000. There is no high rolling here, just a real game to settle the score. You offered 9/8 and made no mention of a price and now your saying $100 a game?, that is going to prove very little and not mean much either.

I think betting something high will see who holds up better, the feel player or the system player. I am guessing that your system will fall apart under the pressure against a player who is close to your ability but perhaps not since you have more gambling experience then Lou which is why you offered 9/8.

John, if your scared just say so, your starting to back peddle talking about betting $100 a game will not cut it and stating IF your at the Open in May. I know that both of you guys playing for the money is a big deal but proving something is even bigger, you both have an axe to grind so lets just settle it.

This forum is not like AZ Billiards, people here make games and when they say something they follow through with it, you offered 9/8 and go on how you will do this for $10,000 and then that. It is sickening to listen to over and over and I am very tolerable for the most part and you can see people on here not very happy with how your acting.

Like I said I have a system but I am not always in peoples face with it because it will accomplish nothing, if someone is curious its easier to just show them in person so they can understand it. I do not believe this forum really is the place for CTE, the majority do not care for it, you cant teach old dogs new tricks is the saying and its true for most here.

The best way to settle it is on the pool table, we can all post words all day long but we are not getting anywhere nor proving anything. If you do not want to play then stop offering things you cant follow through on because it makes your word lose credibility.

You offered 9/8, since its obvious you do not want to play for $20,000, will you give the game for $10,000 and post $2,000 no show money, game played at the Open? Play 2 sets, if you beat Lou we play another the same way (9/8), if Lou beats you then we play another but the set is even.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
onepocketchump said:
Tell you what Louser.

Since you say IF I make it out to the US Open in May.
if you really want to play there is no if
SAY YOU ARE COMING AND PLAY
just sayin

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
An awesome challenge. I quoted it just so Lou can read it, since he is having you on ignore.

When will you decide if you go to Vegas in May or not?

Working on it Roy. The big IFs are whether I can get a booth and make enough cases to justify the trip. I kind of have to have a fall back in case the "gambling with Lou pension plan" doesn't work out.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
onepocketchump said:
Working on it Roy. The big IFs are whether I can get a booth and make enough cases to justify the trip. I kind of have to have a fall back in case the "gambling with Lou pension plan" doesn't work out.

Couldn't you make a few more cases IF, you didn't write 2 or 3000 word posts, on every thread, on every subject, on every pool forum in the entire world ?.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS..I was shocked to find out, that you had a child...where did you find the time ?..:eek: (I guess your understanding wife doesn't mind you taking your laptop to
bed with you, huh ?)

Last edited:

onepocketchump

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Couldn't you make a few more cases IF, you didn't write 2 or 3000 word posts, on every thread, on every subject, on every pool forum in the entire world ?.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS..I was shocked to find out, that you had a child...where did you find the time ?..:eek:

I am good at multi-tasking.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
onepocketchump said:
I am now a user of the TRS - Twitter Response System

1. It's not about the money, you can't high roll me.

2. You have my terms.

3. It's hilarious that you are Lou's mouthpiece now.

4. It's really funny.

5. I don't need "credibility" to gamble. Just money.
Not trying to high roll you at all, just trying to make a real game, saw you posting about betting $10,000 on this and that so I figured we could see how you reacted when things are the other way around. If you are not comfortable playing for some big coin then that is up to you. You do not have to do anything nor do I, free world we are living in thank goodness. I have no beef with you John and I think your taking it the wrong way, just trying to get the action going and settle this once and for all, somebody will win and somebody will lose.

timdog24

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
The other night I played someone for $1200 and when I was down 5:0 going to 7 I doubled the bet and won 7:6. And my heart was racing the whole time.

How good do you really play, sir?:D

onepocketchump

Verified Member
timdog24 said:
How good do you really play, sir?:D

After SJD called my league operator and told them I was using CTE they downgraded me to an APA 1.5 and said I MUST have a coach for every shot.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Sounds like good action. Have two matches. There's a $4000 added one pocket tournament in California right before the Vegas tournaments. After the one pocket is an added Seminole tournament, then next day you're in Vegas. You can play two matches on two different dates. Match up and place one place and if it's out of line, then you have Vegas right behind you to have a second match. It's a good room for players, plenty of good Gold Crown tables with Simonis for action. good luck to both of you.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I cant beat Lou so I cannot beat you since you offered him 9/8, I have no delusions. We do not play even, you were looking at my highlight reel, haha, every dog has his day so to speak. I will be playing today and I am one of the lowest ranked players getting 10/7 and 9/7 from everyone in the tournament so I guess you could say I am just learning.

Dick gives me the hit and the pick and you want to play him even going for 10 games as opposed to 5 with everyone else so you have an idea where we stand. I am much happier betting on the side unless the weight is right John but if I bark at you offering you a game then I will play it and not bob and weave out of it.

As for emails, what is the point when anything can be said right here, I am not out of line. You offered a game and I posted a bet for that game, you said its too much and want to play it cheap. That is okay if you do not want to play, I have seen this somewhere before, a bunch of talk and wasted time and nothing transpires.

Last edited:

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
I cant beat Lou so I cannot beat you since you offered him 9/8, I have no delusions. We do not play even, you were looking at my highlight reel, haha, every dog has his day so to speak. I will be playing today and I am one of the lowest ranked players getting 10/7 and 9/7 from everyone in the tournament so I guess you could say I am just learning.

Dick gives me the hit and the pick and you want to play him even going for 10 games as opposed to 5 with everyone else so you have an idea where we stand. I am much happier betting on the side unless the weight is right John but if I bark at you offering you a game then I will play it and not bob and weave out of it.

As for emails, what is the point when anything can be said right here, I am not out of line. You offered a game and I posted a bet for that game, you said its too much and want to play it cheap. That is okay if you do not want to play, I have seen this somewhere before, a bunch of talk and wasted time and nothing transpires.

You're out of line. You are getting in the middle of something you don't belong in. But if that's how you want to be then like you said it's a free country.

So like I said you have my terms and if 1000 a game isn't enough for you big time gamblers then I have to say I am not in your league.

There wasn't a bunch of talk until you started it. So keep you facts straight.

I told Lou how I would play him dozens of times, giving up 9/8 for $100 a game. That was supposed to be a FRIENDLY grudge match. Now if your nitty ass wants to try and steal then it's on my terms.

Got it?

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
onepocketchump said:
You're out of line. You are getting in the middle of something you don't belong in. But if that's how you want to be then like you said it's a free country.

So like I said you have my terms and if 1000 a game isn't enough for you big time gamblers then I have to say I am not in your league.

There wasn't a bunch of talk until you started it. So keep you facts straight.

I told Lou how I would play him dozens of times, giving up 9/8 for $100 a game. That was supposed to be a FRIENDLY grudge match. Now if your nitty ass wants to try and steal then it's on my terms.

Got it?

Nitty, your the one calling people out on the internet with severe dislike for a $100 a game, and you would be willing to lose a whole 5 games too! :eek:
(Do not say its friendly because you and Lou gambling would not be sociable.)

John, I have always been friendly towards you and supportive but I was nowhere out of line by offering you some big action for your offer of 9/8 with Lou, your obviously not someone who backs up his word or a big time gambler, maybe both. You said you would play Lou even for $10,000 at the Open though but I have a feeling you wont be there.

As I said I do not feel I was out of line, your emails which I have just read are out of line and I wont embarrass you by posting them....yet. Calling someone a dick, asshole and pussy just show hows delusional you really are. I am a nice guy but do not take my kindness and calmness for a weakness nor message me in a disrespectful manner because I was nowhere disrespecting you like that. All my words have been on here and in the open and I do not think one poster on here will say I have been out of line.

You obviously do not know how to get along with people who have differences in opinion in a civil manner and over stupid stuff like aiming methods. Your willing to go on a tirade wasting God knows how many tens if not hundreds of hours of your life rambling on about it when you could be doing something worthwhile like building cases and meeting deadlines.

Your right, me and Dick are friends and he is a good guy. He likes to dish it and can receive it too and I do not feel offended by him laughing at my aiming method or my screwed up bridge hand, we just have a few drinks and play a little bit. I am not very thin skinned nor insecure so it takes a bit to really get me upset.

Your words in your email did not bother me too much because I know who I am and where I stand, something you might need to figure out. I can never understand why people take this internet stuff so seriously but I have myself been drawn into some stuff and showed my ass but do it much less now. As I said I have my aiming method and some people are curious and ask questions, the people who laugh at it I could care less. The proof is in the pudding so to speak, it works for me, feel and experience works for others.

You do not see me going off because people are ribbing me and I certainly am not trying to convert or cram it down people's throats especially senior citizens who have been playing before I was born and are not changing anything anytime soon especially if they are or were good players. I understand why your angry, you offered a game and I offered a bet, you could have had class like most of us on here do and just said without insults or back peddling that it was too much coin and you wanted to prove your point cheaply.

I will not have any further conversation with you but I am sure you will write a few pages of response to do this with some insults because you have no self control and get sucked right in. Your too easy to get going and that is why I did not give you your fix and get you off in those emails by giving you some insults but I am sure you would have liked that. Take care John, we are not enemies as you said by the way, just different people with some difference. That is how life is and that is how the world is. Good luck to you and no hard feelings.

Here is a video and link to show how another challenge went involving John Barton.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=166005&highlight=barton

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=173113&highlight=barton

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=180370&highlight=barton

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/peXSNWRbhwI?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>