Challenge Matches

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Upcoming matches:

Fedor v. Frost Louisville, KY Race to 21 20K in the middle Omegabilliards.com
Deuel v. Gomez TBA Races to 5, best of 7 20K in the middle poolactiontv.com
SVB v. Compton TBA omegabilliards.com
Roberts v. Lunda TBA poolactiontv.com 20K in the middle, late July in New Orleans Main event
Calderon v. JHall TBA poolactiontv.com 20K in the middle, late July in New Orleans Co-Main event

2022 will go a long way in shaking up the top 10. If we can get Chohan v. Pagulayan in New Orleans, it will be incredible.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
ok updated it, let me know if anything else is inaccurate or we have any to add to it, like the latest match I will add for chip/tony

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Upcoming matches:

Fedor v. Frost Louisville, KY Race to 21 20K in the middle Omegabilliards.com
Deuel v. Gomez TBA Races to 5, best of 7 20K in the middle poolactiontv.com
SVB v. Compton TBA omegabilliards.com
Roberts v. Lunda TBA poolactiontv.com 20K in the middle
Calderon v. JHall TBA poolactiontv.com 20K in the middle

2022 will go a long way in shaking up the top 10. If we can get Chohan v. Pagulayan in New Orleans, it will be incredible.
That's an interesting format: 1st guy to win 4 races-to-5 games. I wonder Deuel thought that up? Seems like a pretty fair way to have a contest.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Speaking of challenge matches, how come none of you guys challenge each other?

And no, don't pick on me -- been there, done that. I mean, here we have all these 1pocket players... why aren't there some $5k-$10k challenges? Maybe even just $1k-$2k? I can think of all kinds of interesting match ups here, but no one ever barks at each other since Ghost and JR.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

And no, don't pick on me -- been there, done that. I mean, here we have all these 1pocket players... why aren't there some $5k-$10k challenges? Maybe even just $1k-$2k? I can think of all kinds of interesting match ups here, but no one ever barks at each other since Ghost and JR.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'
Ghost and Hendy played for 5k or something, not JR

We can play for 1k in Virginia Beach, just sayin🤪

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Ghost and Hendy played for 5k or something, not JR

We can play for 1k in Virginia Beach, just sayin🤪

Lets see:

I asked in my post you not pick on me,

I recently posted I wasn’t going to Virginia Beach,

and, the first two initials of the guy who played Ghost are: JR.

Lou Figueroa
sayin’

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Lets see:

I asked in my post you not pick on me,

I recently posted I wasn’t going to Virginia Beach,

and, the first two initials of the guy who played Ghost are: JR.

Lou Figueroa
sayin’
I thought you asked to get picked on🤣

We’ll miss you on the beach😭

I don’t remember any JR playing Ghost🙈

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'
I love the idea and hopefully we will see some! I may even get in the grease myself once I have my light up and figure out a good stream/recording camera so I can let others see how bad I play... :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
i think they played twice (ICBW) and i dont think it was streamed

Artie and I played twice around 12/13 years ago. He beat me a race to seven in Galveston for 3k, that took over 13 hours. We played again at the next Derby City a few months later. Same bet and same race to seven. I beat Artie this time in 16 hours.

There was a sweator who bet on the match, and he said he would rather get needles stuck in his eyes than watch it again. He said they not only did not make a ball for almost an hour, they did not go for one. Artie liked to look em over and so did I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Artie and I played twice around 12/13 years ago. He beat me a race to seven in Galveston for 3k, that took over 13 hours. We played again at the next Derby City a few months later. Same bet and same race to seven. I beat Artie this time in 16 hours.

There was a sweator who bet on the match, and he said he would rather get needles stuck in his eyes than watch it again. He said they not only did not make a ball for almost an hour, they did not go for one. Artie liked to look em over and so did I.
Wasn't it in Galveston where you played in the middle against Artie and Cardone?

lfigueroa

Verified Member

I watched some of that back in 2010 at the DCC, here's some of what I wrote:

And I also watched the first and last couple of hours of the Artie -- JR match. I think the tape Chicago Mike was making of the whole match will speak for itself but my opinion is that the “perfect, no mistake, smartest 1pocket of all time” that Artie talks about all the time is a figment of someone's imagination. In real life what that would appear to consist of is: every time it's your shot you stare at the table for five to 10 minutes while chalking your cue; then you bunt a ball up-table to your side; and then you do not shoot *at anything.*

Ever.

IOWs, with this “strategy” you’re basically relying on your opponent dropping dead out of pure exhaustion, boredom, or both.

At one point in the final game Artie had managed to bunt all the balls near his side pocket and I whispered to Mike, “This is it! We're about to see the perfect, no-mistake 1pocket Artie has been talking about -- he’s been working on this position for the last 42 shots and now, finally, at last, he’s going to gently pull the trigger and shoot a ball and the cluster along the side rail is going to open up like some beautiful tropical flower and the balls are going to stay on his side and he’s going to run out-- it’s going to be like some ancient Kung-fu martial arts Mortal Kombat Kill Bill thing where he’s just going to gently touch his opponent with the palm of his hand and his heart is going to just stop beating and it'll be like he just dropped dead in his tracks.”

But alas, there was none of that.

And Artie kept bunting and John kept shooting and won. Personally, I think John deserves a big tip of the hat for hanging in there for 14 hours of stall.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I watched some of that back in 2010 at the DCC, here's some of what I wrote:

And I also watched the first and last couple of hours of the Artie -- JR match. I think the tape Chicago Mike was making of the whole match will speak for itself but my opinion is that the “perfect, no mistake, smartest 1pocket of all time” that Artie talks about all the time is a figment of someone's imagination. In real life what that would appear to consist of is: every time it's your shot you stare at the table for five to 10 minutes while chalking your cue; then you bunt a ball up-table to your side; and then you do not shoot *at anything.*

Ever.

IOWs, with this “strategy” you’re basically relying on your opponent dropping dead out of pure exhaustion, boredom, or both.

At one point in the final game Artie had managed to bunt all the balls near his side pocket and I whispered to Mike, “This is it! We're about to see the perfect, no-mistake 1pocket Artie has been talking about -- he’s been working on this position for the last 42 shots and now, finally, at last, he’s going to gently pull the trigger and shoot a ball and the cluster along the side rail is going to open up like some beautiful tropical flower and the balls are going to stay on his side and he’s going to run out-- it’s going to be like some ancient Kung-fu martial arts Mortal Kombat Kill Bill thing where he’s just going to gently touch his opponent with the palm of his hand and his heart is going to just stop beating and it'll be like he just dropped dead in his tracks.”

But alas, there was none of that.

And Artie kept bunting and John kept shooting and won. Personally, I think John deserves a big tip of the hat for hanging in there for 14 hours of stall.

Lou Figueroa
It’s confusing to me when you call John Henderson JR. I’ve never heard anyone call him that before your post. There is a JR in Chicago, his name is John Rawski.