Bustamante vs. Richeson 2011 D.C.C. #3

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is the same game (2) as the previous layout for these two guys. Richeson won game 1 and Busty is now up 2-0 in this game. It's Richies shot. What would you do?

RR's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_13.Jpeg

bstroud

Verified Member
Again there are many shots.

I think a kick on the ball above the 10 ball the 4 ball? offers the best possibilities. The angle to make it is better and if you do you have the combo.
It looks like a natural safe if you hit it well and using the mirror should give you a good hit.

Bill Stroud

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is the same game (2) as the previous layout for these two guys. Richeson won game 1 and Busty is now up 2-0 in this game. It's Richies shot. What would you do?

View attachment 3345

View attachment 3346

Shoot the fifteen hard into Bustamante's pocket? :rolleyes: :)

Or maybe bank the six over to my side and leave the q behind the stack

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
In order with ease of execution:

1. The 9 may be wired off the 13
2. Cut the 4 into 10 with speed, hopefully creating some action with the 8/13, and drawing the cue ball back and forth two rails to the bottom rail.
3. Cut the 6 into the 3 with speed, sending the 6 into the stack and definitely creating some action with the 8/13, and sending the 3 into the 10. Much like the shot before, draw the cue ball back and forth two rails to the bottom rail.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Maybe this. Hitting short on the long rail with right spin to the the solid ball to make sure you you don't hit it full so that you can get around the ten ball.shot 2.JPG

Skin

Verified Member
The 7-2 looks possible if he can see enough of the 7. If not, the 13 into the 7-2 could do it and leave a good chance for a follow-up shot.

Skin

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
androd said:
Looks like room for this in the overhead view. :p
Rod.
That's a nice shot. I was looking at a similar shot, but wasn't taking it as far. In my mind, I was just caroming off the 14 to get down below the 10... your way moves another ball over.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
androd said:
Looks like room for this in the overhead view. :p
Rod.
what are the odds you leave a cross corner bank if not to make but to move balls from your pocket and leave the q behind the stack as a return shot??

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
what are the odds you leave a cross corner bank if not to make but to move balls from your pocket and leave the q behind the stack as a return shot??

You'll have to ask Artie or Billy. What are the odds I don't make one ? :D
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
blackeee said:
How bout shootin the 3 into the 10 and draw into the brown.Give yourself a chance to get lucky.
Keith,

There's no such thing as luck:eek: , just ask the Duck:) . RR did shoot the 3 into the 10 and made the 13 in his pocket. I'm not showing movement of all balls here, it's a little more involved than this but you can all get the idea.

RR's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Keith,

There's no such thing as luck:eek: , just ask the Duck:) . RR did shoot the 3 into the 10 and made the 13 in his pocket. I'm not showing movement of all balls here, it's a little more involved than this but you can all get the idea.

Lucky shot! :D

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
androd said:
Yeah, what are the odds. ?
Rod.

Rod, I saw that shot and selected it as my first choice but was not sure the cb could see the 3 at the correct angle, so I picked something else. It is one of my favorite shots, especially if it is there following a scratch on the break by the opponent. Lots of good things can happen off it if it is hit well and the cb is controlled, but all of those things are lucky (except cb position). The odds are incalculable for all but a "probability expert". ;)

Skin