BUGS PLAYS EFREN FOR 30 THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
A little birdie told me mr3cushion
played him 3 cushion billiards
sometime close after that
efren got a spot
and mr3cushion (bill smith)
won $6,000
😱👍 🙂

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
What a great read! Damn shame diabetes took him down way too soon… At least, thanks to Pat Fleming, we can enjoy a glimpse of what a great player he was even past his prime

Reactions: lll

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
What a great read! Damn shame diabetes took him down way too soon… At least, thanks to Pat Fleming, we can enjoy a glimpse of what a great player he was even past his prime
Bugs was the Real Deal! The most naturally talented pool player out of Chicago!

Even Artie, practiced for hours on end. I don't believe I ever saw Bugs hit balls for more than 15 minutes!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
A little birdie told me mr3cushion
played him 3 cushion billiards
sometime close after that
efren got a spot
and mr3cushion (bill smith)
won $6,000
😱👍 🙂
Larry; the irony of this match was, The guy, Archibald that always staked Bugs as he did in the match with Efren a few weeks or so earlier, staked Efren against me. I had played in a 3C event at the Chicago Billiard Cafe a couple months before Efren came around, I didn't play well, even though I had high run of 16 against, George Ashby, I came in 3rd. First time I didn't win a 3C event at that time in Chi-Town. Now, Paul Jones was at the 3C tournament and was with Archie when Bugs played Efren, pulling for Bugs. But, when Paul saw that Bugs couldn't beat Efren and they found out he played 3C, they switched gears and staked him! A few select people knew at that time, I was involved in a lengthy legal battle that was on my mind. Paul sort of set up the match, he wouldn't let Efren play even, we negotiated, and we came up with 60-50 for 3K. I won 2 games, that's all. See, what most people don't understand is 3C is the easiest game to handicap and stall! I heard he was a, .800 -.850 player on my worst day on those tables, (Old Brunswick's) I was able to average 1.00. It's simple math!

Here's a photo from that tournament with Paul Jones wearing the hat leaning on the counter watching my game.

1985ChicagoBilliardCafeTournament2.jpg

Last edited: