Buffalo's Pro Classic May 26-30, 2021

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Was talking about this last night.
God i hope so bad this happens.
What's the status in NOLA? I've been wanting to get back like crazy.
Is it any fun yet? Is Buffalo's open?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Open, no fun. No pool allowed in Louisiana. All pool halls closed or just serving alcohol. But on a good note, Diamond is sending 8 brand new tournament tables to Buffalos. He is expanding about 5,000 ft. to add a tournament room. Should be ready by May. Maybe we can talk him into making the tournament room a One Pocket museum, too. Would be a great place to see all the historical one pocket memorabilia. Buffalo is pretty game for anything, so we'll see how it goes.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I added it to the calendar Joe, thanks!

If you have any other info (entry, races, etc) let me know and I will add it in there.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Always the same

$2,000 entry
$10,000 added
16 max
Race to 5/5
Double Elimination

BRLongArm

Verified Member
The signup has already begun with the Magician calling in from the Islands to confirm his attendance:

1. Efren Reyes
2. Justin Hall
3. Chip Compton
4. Tony Chohan

Alex Lely, will we see a European contingent for the tournament? Filler the Killer would bring fireworks. If you guys come, I'll get him put in the tournament and staked for action. Lots of guys like his side of the action.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Open, no fun. No pool allowed in Louisiana. All pool halls closed or just serving alcohol. But on a good note, Diamond is sending 8 brand new tournament tables to Buffalos. He is expanding about 5,000 ft. to add a tournament room. Should be ready by May. Maybe we can talk him into making the tournament room a One Pocket museum, too. Would be a great place to see all the historical one pocket memorabilia. Buffalo is pretty game for anything, so we'll see how it goes.
I'll bring my limited stuff down if he does that!

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Been wanting to visit his place. It always falls on family weekend, but I’m goin this year.

It's a great time for serious one pocket enthusiasts. Whether it's gambling or just soaking in the stacked tournament roster, everyone enjoys themselves. I mean, how can you not? 24 hour action, kitchen, and about 60 of the greatest players around, along with the top 20 stake horses and action guys all under the same roof. I remember in 2018, the crews started coming in a week early. First it was Mobile, then Mississippi, then Atlanta, then Memphis and Houston, then Michigan. It was awesome. These guys were gambling thousands 24-7 before the calcutta had even started for the one pocket tournament. The rule in one pocket is no tournament play after midnight, so that opens all the tables for action immediately after the last match. Then the action continued for about five days afterward, culminating in Danny Smith giving Billy Thorpe 8-7, 9-7 and beating him out of 30K.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It's a great time for serious one pocket enthusiasts. Whether it's gambling or just soaking in the stacked tournament roster, everyone enjoys themselves. I mean, how can you not? 24 hour action, kitchen, and about 60 of the greatest players around, along with the top 20 stake horses and action guys all under the same roof. I remember in 2018, the crews started coming in a week early. First it was Mobile, then Mississippi, then Atlanta, then Memphis and Houston, then Michigan. It was awesome. These guys were gambling thousands 24-7 before the calcutta had even started for the one pocket tournament. The rule in one pocket is no tournament play after midnight, so that opens all the tables for action immediately after the last match. Then the action continued for about five days afterward, culminating in Danny Smith giving Billy Thorpe 8-7, 9-7 and beating him out of 30K.
I would be great if Danny could regain that form.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I may make the trip this coming year. I was planning on going this fall but.... you know! Lol