Buffalos Pro Classic $26,000 Added May 25-29, 2022

BRLongArm

Verified Member
If you think Alex is a good buy at 5/2 in this field, then the calcutta needs to be about 130K. If you need to get 3-1 for Tony, then he needs to go for 12K or less and 1st paying 48, the calcutta can be 120K.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
If you believe Frost, Deuel, JHall, Compton and Gorst are 7-1 to win, and they will go for 7K or less, then the calcutta has to go for about 135K.

Expect bids for top players:

Pagulayan: 15K
Chohan 12K
Frost 8K
JHall 8K
Gorst 8K
Deuel 7K
Compton 8K
Roberts 7K

That's 71K with 20 players left. If they average 3K each, that 131K. And you have guys like Morra, Thorpe, Woodward, Calderon, Strickland, Parica, Kiamco, Gomez that will go for more than 3K.

Last edited:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Talked with Buffalo today. Seems Mark Gregory has a problem with Greg Sullivan, who is a VIP at Buffalos when he comes (He gave Buff a great deal on the 8 tables he bought last year). So Buff tells Mark that he better not mess with Greg Sullivan at the tournament. Mark starts arguing his case but Buff won't hear it. "You're out of the tournament", Buff says. So now we have 27. Stay tuned. Might lose another one tomorrow. Parica is getting flakey, complaining about byes in the first round. Like it can be avoided...

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
A few years ago
Talked with Buffalo today. Seems Mark Gregory has a problem with Greg Sullivan, who is a VIP at Buffalos when he comes (He gave Buff a great deal on the 8 tables he bought last year). So Buff tells Mark that he better not mess with Greg Sullivan at the tournament. Mark starts arguing his case but Buff won't hear it. "You're out of the tournament", Buff says. So now we have 27. Stay tuned. Might lose another one tomorrow. Parica is getting flakey, complaining about byes in the first round. Like it can be avoided...
A few years ago mark was at Buffalo’s to level all the tables and play in the tournament. One of the tables Mark worked on still had a roll off, when I mentioned it to Mark he came unglued and started mouthing off about how f-up the tables are because of the flooding and humidity. What a jerk. I wouldn’t let him do my rail work, I don’t care how good he is.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't know Gregory, or Greg well enough to have an opinion about how easy it might be to get in a crossfire with him, but I like Buffalo's decision, especially given that he's been counting on Gregory (as I understand it) to do his rail work.

I'd have to stay up all night to think of something bad to say about Buffalo anyway.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I don't know Gregory, or Greg well enough to have an opinion about how easy it might be to get in a crossfire with him, but I like Buffalo's decision, especially given that he's been counting on Gregory (as I understand it) to do his rail work.

I'd have to stay up all night to think of something bad to say about Buffalo anyway.
I don’t think Mark does Buffalo’s rail work, he does try and level the tables

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Why have 28 players and not 32?

That doesn’t make sense.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Why have 28 players and not 32?

That doesn’t make sense.
It's 2K per entry. 28 want to play, not 32. We usually have 16 players, but there has been a lot of interest after the pandemic. Not a lot of people who will put up 2K in this field to play.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
It's 2K per entry. 28 want to play, not 32. We usually have 16 players, but there has been a lot of interest after the pandemic. Not a lot of people who will put up 2K in this field to play.
There are so many I want to bet on I'll probably have to pick the winner to break even. It can get pretty expensive to be a Po-boy.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
With Gregory out, we may see Danny back in. He played today and won ten in a row. He acts like he wants to play, but you never know. It is 2K.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Po Boy Calcutta being finalized tonight. You will get 2 or 3 players for your money. You can follow James Leone on Facebook. He put out the first draft tonight. Not accepting money yet.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
It’s easier for a tournament chart.

28 is an odd number to use for byes when you can do something to have 32 players. No byes is always good.

Mini tournaments ahead of time for an entry is a good one to do.