Brumback - retired from competition?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I also agree and I know he will have fun doing whatever he is doing. I hope to get to visit him someday and hit some balls (or playing ping pong is fine too hehe)

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Mike Tyson is almost '60' and is training to get back in the ring to fight!

Just showing the other side of the coin at '60'!

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
From John after I texted him this thread:

That's pretty cool...you can tell em I appreciate their thoughts,, I'm good just getting old and have a few too many aches and pains , along with my eyes aren't what they once were,, Anyway I just explained my thoughts too you and I would like to go down somewhat undefeated and not some ol broke down pool player lol ,, I've watched too many of em in my lifetime 🤦🏽🙄🤣

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy;

Sad but glad at the same time. I've seen some folks not necessarily in pool but other fields
where they outlasted their abilities and became a hollow core of their former selves. You can
see some on the sports shows.

Good on ya for taking the path of your choosing.

hank

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
From John after I texted him this thread:

That's pretty cool...you can tell em I appreciate their thoughts,, I'm good just getting old and have a few too many aches and pains , along with my eyes aren't what they once were,, Anyway I just explained my thoughts too you and I would like to go down somewhat undefeated and not some ol broke down pool player lol ,, I've watched too many of em in my lifetime 🤦🏽🙄🤣
Nice to hear JB's followup. I wish he'd rejoin us. Several years back he was posting on here with some frequency, before one of our sick nut jobs ran him off. The nut job has been long since gone. So if you speak with JB, tell him that we'd all love him to post once in awhile; and that it's a kinder, gentler place now...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
ADDE7130-2F06-4B3C-98A4-5B1B34E41A76.jpeg
John was in Philly about a week earlier. The family and I tried to show him a good welcome and took him to a nice dinner, followed by a trip to my local poolroom. Where.. he beat me in ping pong and then onepocket lol. Onepocket I expected but he snuck up on me in the table tennis. (He loves Bluegrass Billiards btw). When he posted his retirement I jokingly commented that I retired him! Lol. Sent him off a winner :). Good dude.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
View attachment 436292
John was in Philly about a week earlier. The family and I tried to show him a good welcome and took him to a nice dinner, followed by a trip to my local poolroom. Where.. he beat me in ping pong and then onepocket lol. Onepocket I expected but he snuck up on me in the table tennis. (He loves Bluegrass Billiards btw). When he posted his retirement I jokingly commented that I retired him! Lol. Sent him off a winner :). Good dude.
Dang I didn't know JB could play table tennis too..I thought it was just something to replace the pool table lol!

Kybanks

Verified Member
I've been trying to get up his way and donate a little, but the pandemic has me on a stall. I've got as tough as you want in my own backyard, I'd like to watch what JB does in certain situations. May never get a chance to play him now!

evergruven

Verified Member
All my older brother and his wife do is pickleball.

pickleball rap on a pool forum..things must be slow ^_^ but it's actually not a bad game
as a tennis player, it looked kinda "small" to me- but beaten down by injuries, I gave it a shot
surprised me how good a workout you can get playing, and it's pretty gentle on the joints
so now I guess I got *two* retirement plans😋

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
G

Got rid of the pool table a while back and has ping pong in its place now.
I'll be damned. I saw the picture above showing the pp table, but I'd assumed he'd put the pp table over top of his pool table. It's kinda like Jimmy Connors making a spaghetti strainer out of his tennis racket..:)

I can dig it though. I put my percussion equipment in cases years ago, and haven't touched them since. Sometimes a guy just knows that it's time to quit.