Brumback and Shaw BANKS final accustats!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks Texas, I haven't seen this match. Watch the first game, very nicely played. Contentious commentator, which makes it kind of funny listening to them go back and forth. I am going to enjoy watching match! Whitey

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
If anybody still remembers, this was the year of the infamous backer guy that screwed up pool streams and betting for a year soon after this....lol He was sitting at ring side trying to shark JB during the match and i was livid sitting there in the audience. I asked JB about it later and he said he never noticed although i saw him miss a couple easy banks when he was in his line of sight. Also a few times you would see JB get up off a shot and look behind him when the guy said something.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I am going to watch this entire match and do a statistic run down on each game, or match. Balls/inning - scratches - runs, that sort of thing. I will not give up who won each game or the match winner. Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I keep track of statistics for the match/5 games

Shaw
Innings 55
runs/times 1 ball (17) 2 balls (1)
Missed Pocket (27)
Scratches (5)
Safeties (17)
Shots (54)
Total scored balls (13)
Scored 1 ball/4 shots
including Safeties scored 1 ball/5.5 shots

John B.
Innings 55
runs/times 1 ball (15), 2 balls (7), 3 balls (1)
Missed Pocket (24)
Scratches (5)
Safeties (22)
Shots (72)
Total Scored balls (23)
Scored 1 ball/2.2 shots
including Safeties Scored 1 ball/4shots

Missed Pocket; means their bank did not hit the pocket or pocket points/no safety involved.
Shots; is total w/ safeties pulled out.
10 total scratches and at times they nullified a 2 ball run.
Multi-rail banks made; 1-double cross corner, 1-3 rail,
Multi rail banks attempted approx. 5.
5 missed game winning banks.
1 game had an exceptional amount of safeties.
Whitey

Last edited:

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

Whitey, you must be lookin' for things to do... Excellent job with the Stats.
Finally had a chance to watch the video, Great stuff in there.

CRABBCATJOHN, Noticed those moments you mentioned, as well as the guy sittin'
there chewin' on JB's ear.

Overall, I enjoyed the whole video. Some well thought out shots there.
TCC, again, Thanks for posting it up.

hank

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Larry & Hank,
I have watch many of these DCC bank matches and very much realized that if a guy can avg. 1 ball / 2-3 shots he could win DCC banks. In watching matches I believe it is less than 1/2 ball / shot avg. for the better players that advance.

In generally watching this match, I believe most spectators would only really absorb the shots made, and maybe some misses, and never realize that 51 times on attempts to pocket a ball the pocket was completely missed, no pocket no pocket point. Also 10 scratches/5missed game balls, how many would realize this. So the statistics have their place to gain another perspective.

I wonder if anyone else has ever keep statistics on banks, I believe they have for OP.

The statistic list is what I see when watching a bank match, which gives a different perspective vs. whether a ball is made or not.

Both players obviously played very well to get to the final, but I think they both would agree that they obviously could of played better. Congrats to both players it is one hell of an accomplishment!

PS. I sure like the way John B. strokes the ball, I believe that firm stroke works well on these type of cushions. Whitey

Last edited: