Book: Legends of One Pocket

JAM

Verified Member
A friend called me today and is looking for this book, but it is out of print. Could somebody steer me in the direction to purchase one? TIA! :)

JAM

Verified Member
I never heard of it Jammy.

Beard

It has a feature in it about Bugs in it, and the cover of the book is dark red. It is a big, hardback, dark red book with a bunch of players names on it, old-school players. Shannon's name is on the front. Shannon, Bugs, et cetera.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It has a feature in it about Bugs in it, and the cover of the book is dark red. It is a big, hardback, dark red book with a bunch of players names on it, old-school players. Shannon's name is on the front. Shannon, Bugs, et cetera.

News to me Jammy. I would sure like to see a copy.

Beard

JAM

Verified Member

Beard

He also said they had pool shot diagrams in the book. Bugs and Shannon are on the cover, and it is dark red.

This kid asking about this book wants to buy it for his father and asked me if I could locate it, as his father doesn't go on the Internet.

I seem to recall a book like this with pictures of pool players and diagrams. Keith autographed a few of them, but I thought that book was green. I can't remember the name of it. The kid says the name is "Legends of One-Pocket."

If I find it, Freddy, I'll definitely post back on this thread about it. :)

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
He also said they had pool shot diagrams in the book. Bugs and Shannon are on the cover, and it is dark red.

This kid asking about this book is incarcerated and explained this to me quickly during his 15-minute phone call. He wants to buy it for his father and asked me if I could locate it, as his father doesn't go on the Internet.

I seem to recall a book like this with pictures of pool players and diagrams. Keith autographed a few of them, but I thought that book was green. I can't remember the name of it. The kid says the name is "Legends of One-Pocket."

If I find it, Freddy, I'll definitely post back on this thread about it. :)

Jen, Your young friend just has the title wrong...There is only one hard bound, dark red book, with Shannon, Bugs, (and several other players) on the cover...It is called "Shots, Moves and Strategies" by Eddie Robbin. :rolleyes:

JAM

Verified Member

Beard

I found it on eBay, Freddy. I was given bad info on the name. The real name is "Shots, Moves, and Strategies," and it has Shannon's name on the cover, and it is dark red. I am pretty sure this is it. :)

The only thing, though, is this book does not have Bugs' name on it, and the guy said Bugs' name was on it. Hmm. . .

Attachments

• !BVnqv9!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLl)2U9BKTYPn6Ke!~~_12.JPG
    !BVnqv9!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLl)2U9BKTYPn6Ke!~~_12.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
Oh, no. I found another one, and this does have Bugs' name on it, but not Shannon's. It is called "Winning One-Pocket."

Now I'm not sure which one he wants. :(

Attachments

• $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 0

senor

Verified Member
The first book, SMS, has a lot of war stories and anecdotes.

The second book, WOP, reads more like an instructional book, with all of the book's contributors giving their two-cents on what they would do in a diagrammed situation (iirc).

If your friends dad knew any of the players telling their war stories in SMS, he may appreciate that one more.

Good luck.

On second thought, I may have the names of the books backwards, like maybe WOP has the stories and SMS has the instructional diagrams. I'm sure someone on here will correct me.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Oh, no. I found another one, and this does have Bugs' name on it, but not Shannon's. It is called "Winning One-Pocket."

Now I'm not sure which one he wants. :(

Now those books I recognize. Give him the Winning One Pocket book, that was the first one and the one that has my picture and a cute story in it about when a rat fell out of the ceiling and scrambled the balls when I was playing one pocket in Bensingers!

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The first book, SMS, has a lot of war stories and anecdotes.

The second book, WOP, reads more like an instructional book, with all of the book's contributors giving their two-cents on what they would do in a diagrammed situation (iirc).

If your friends dad knew any of the players telling their war stories in SMS, he may appreciate that one more.

Good luck.

On second thought, I may have the names of the books backwards, like maybe WOP has the stories and SMS has the instructional diagrams. I'm sure someone on here will correct me.

Yes, you got them reversed Senor.

Beard

JAM

Verified Member
Hopefully he has a lot of cash in his commissary,:)
Rod.

He doesn't know it, but I'm paying for it and not charging him. He called last night, and I confirmed which book it is that he wants.

Before I met Keith, this person helped Keith many times over the years, especially when Keith was down and out. He stuck by Keith. A true friend, he was.

I am going to pay for this book and give it to his father as a gift. He doesn't know that yet, though. ;)

I believe in paying it forward. :cool:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
He doesn't know it, but I'm paying for it and not charging him. He called last night, and I confirmed which book it is that he wants.

Before I met Keith, this person helped Keith many times over the years, especially when Keith was down and out. He stuck by Keith. A true friend, he was.

I am going to pay for this book and give it to his father as a gift. He doesn't know that yet, though. ;)

I believe in paying it forward. :cool:

Good Job J.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Surprised

Surprised

JAM can't believe no one told you to contact Eddie Robin for a copy... he might still have a few brand new copies of both books... I am sure someone here has his number...

Bille

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
JAM can't believe no one told you to contact Eddie Robin for a copy... he might still have a few brand new copies of both books... I am sure someone here has his number...

Bille

At least one of the listings on Ebay are Eddie himself, as that is a regular thing for him.

JAM

Verified Member

Bille

Gosh, I wish I had known. :(

Right now, I am high bidder on used "Strategies" book at $125. eBay auction ends in 3 or 4 or hours. If somebody outbids me, I will get the one straight form Eddie Robin for $158. I did not know that was him selling them on eBay, dag nab it.

JAM

Verified Member
Well, I won my eBay auction for the one book (Strategies) for $125. I paid the guy promptly and hope to receive it soon.

Thanks for all the great info you-all have shared. :cool: