Biggest gambler in pool dies at 94.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thank you for the post and call, Bill. I know Paul's son from growing up in Oak Park, MI so I texted him my condolences if it was true. He replied with a thank you. 😢

The first time I ever went to The Rack, Paul was playing Freddy Salem 1pocket on a snooker table for $10,000/game. Paul was larger than life.

My condolences go out to all of Paul's friends and family. May he rest in peace. Where ever he ends up, he will be in action.

Dave

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Thank you for the post and call, Bill. I know Paul's son from growing up in Oak Park, MI so I texted him my condolences if it was true. He replied with a thank you. 😢

The first time I ever went to The Rack, Paul was playing Freddy Salem 1pocket on a snooker table for $10,000/game. Paul was larger than life.

My condolences go out to all of Paul's friends and family. May he rest in peace. Where ever he ends up, he will be in action.

Dave
No problem Dave.
Paul was an Icon in the pool gambling world in the late 70's thru...!
My first night at the rack in 77, about 11 pm, Paul was playing Calhoun 1P on the snooker table. There was at least 50-75 people around the table, 90% of them were betting directly with Paul. Paying and collecting after every game. I remember me partner and I started betting 50-100 a game, by 2-3 pm next day we had won about $2,500. Paul would usually raise the bet on his break.

He was truly, 'One of a Kind!'
R.I.P Paul.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Bummer to hear that! I actually did get a short interview with him over the phone in the hopes that we could convince him to accept our "Lifetime Pool in Action" award, but he wanted nothing to do with the spotlight. He certainly would have deserved the honor however!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Condolences to his loved ones
definitely one of the legends of pool in his way if you read pool history
bill
how good did he play?
how good did he match up?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Condolences to his loved ones
definitely one of the legends of pool in his way if you read pool history
bill
how good did he play?
how good did he match up?
Larry; It took Top players to beat him playing 1P on that snooker table.

The table wasn't real tough, but, 1P is a different animal on a snooker table.

Also, Paul didn't play that bad a snooker game either.

Matching up, He was on the money most the time, the Very Top had to outrun the nuts!

Paul was a really Big guy, maybe 6'7"-9", and had huge hands! He could do things with the CB with his hands that would rival Mike Massey.

Reactions: lll

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

Matching up, He was on the money most the time, the Very Top had to outrun the nuts!

Paul was a really Big guy, maybe 6'7"-9", and had huge hands! He could do things with the CB with his hands that would rival Mike Massey.
Speaking of Paul's hands...Paul used to bet on using his hand to make the cue ball 2 rails in the side. While making the bet he would lean on the table above the side pocket and throw the cue toward the corner...long rail, short rail towards the side (& never make it).

Once the bet was made he would spin the cueball to come off the same long rail two times (like a masse) then into the side. Traveling a total of 6-8 inches. It was like watching Mike Massey play finger pool. I only ever saw him miss that shot once.

Yes, he played well, but Cornbread and others used to give up the nutz because Paul would empty out+. They didn't have to win often to come out ahead...but Paul would win plenty of times.

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if we still do a lifetime in action award at the hall of fame awards
we should definitely get paul brusloff nominated

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

I never knew that he was that tall. That would have been a big advantage on a snooker table! I used to play a guy who was 6' 9", and he never had to use a bridge on a pool table.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Stevelomako , I'll use his MB name, can tell some good jackpots on Paul..

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Paul walked through the door at the Rack like he was stepping off a yacht. In winter he would wear a full length white mink coat, and he was big enough to fill the doorway. He wore perfectly tailored expensive suits, he looked like he stepped out of a fashion magazine. He was a handsome man with white hair. When he came in, the place started buzzing with excitement, everyone wanting to get in on the action. He matched up well and often won ( a barrel or two), but when he lost, he lost for 24 or 48 hours and everyone who bet against him got rich. We all pooled our money to have enough of a side bet for him to accept. And he loved to bet the rail. At the end of a long session, his jacket would be on the floor, his shirt tails out, his fancy shoes discarded for sneakers. He was beautiful.