BCN Coverage Semis etc.

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
Anyone who hasn't paid the $19 for the live coverage is really missing out.

Every move Efren makes is something most of us will never be able to do.

Alex made a ball off the SARDO rack and locked up the first game. 1-0 Alex.
--------------------------------

Any time Efren has a chance to make a single ball (by kick, carom, bank, or in typical Efren fashion, all of the above!) the announcers almost concede the game!!!

I remember being very impressed when a professional would break a game of 8-ball, have a heinous first shot, and the commentator would say "he's out." But that's 8-ball!!! Here, he smells a bank, and the commentators say, "he's out," and he hasn't made a single ball yet, and he doesn't have 8 balls open!! This guy is sooooooooooooooo good. 1-1 Tie match
-----------------------------------------

Alex tries the same break, and scratches off the corner ball.

Efren has one ball on his side of the table. Easily runs out!! LOL!!!!! It's more amazing than anyone can imagine if they've never seen him. There wasn't more than one ball on his side of the table! Alex had 8 balls on his side, and Efren easily ran out!!! Wow!!! 2-1 Efren

--------------------------------------------------------

I can't begin to describe game 4. Can't do it. Buy the DVD. I'll try to WEI it, but I can't describe it. Alex plays perfectly, but Efren responds better over and over, until Alex makes a mistake and scratches the cueball.

I'll only show the last piece of the out...

Efren needs three...

START(
%CE7O3%FM3P6%GO1O1%HM7N5%ML4^3%PH0I0%QB0[7%RS9N7%SN3R2%UE8M1
%VG2J0%WD0Z8%XE5P2%YN7M2%ZF7C8%[E5D5%\C9H2%eB8b4%bC5I8%cD0K4
%dE2M5
)END

He slow spin draws the cueball out of the corner and just clips the 7-ball to get perfect position on the 7-ball. The guy simply isn't human. 8 out. Efren on to the finals 3-1.

----------------------------------------

Fred

Last edited:

sizl

I have seen alot of pool in my 37 years, but the 8 and out Efren made in game 4 was the best out I have ever seen. He plays kiss shape and gets perfect shape...........over and over. Robotic like!

sizl

Fred, who is the guy that Efren is playing right now? He is either brain dead from being on the TV table or he should have saved his money for lessons. but then again what kind of price can you put on playing Efren on the TV table. Priceless.

What kind of shot was that he made in the first game? When he rolled the 3 up on the 9 :eek:

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
sizl said:
Fred, who is the guy that Efren is playing right now? He is either brain dead from being on the TV table or he should have saved his money for lessons. but then again what kind of price can you put on playing Efren on the TV table. Priceless.
Oscar Dominguez. They weren't supposed to continue broadcast, but they're continuing anyway.

What kind of shot was that he made in the first game? When he rolled the 3 up on the 9 :eek:
I'm not sure what he was trying.

Fred

sizl

sizl said:
I have seen alot of pool in my 37 years, but the 8 and out Efren made in game 4 was the best out I have ever seen. He plays kiss shape and gets perfect shape...........over and over. Robotic like!

and over and over and over. :D :eek: One Pocket 101

I just started laughing out loud when he went into the stack and got straight in on his out ball in game 2.

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
Finals One Pocket

Finals One Pocket

Efren wins lag. Breaks short again. This doesn't seem to hurt him.

Jason pockets Efren's ball but doesn't do anything with the cueball. Efren banks and hangs a ball, leaving Jason not much. Jason goes to his strength and banks a ball straight back, but comes up short. Sellout. 8 out. 1-0 Efren.

------------------------------------------------

Something is strange as I think it's Jason's break, but the break looks like Efren broke them. Jason extends with a survival shot. Efren leaves Jason an aggressive 3-railer only. Jason falls for it, and leaves Efren four open balls. Of course, it's another rdiculous 8 out, with Efren playing another impossible last four ball pattern. He's now run a 9, 8, 8, 8, in successive games. 2-0

----------------------------------

Efren breaks them well. Jason leaves Efren a bank, but it's nowhere near easy and Efren should pass on it, but instead... he shoots and makes it. He's zoning. He plays 2, and then hits a bad shot, leaving himself no shot. Except.... he back cuts a ball about 90 degrees rather than safing, makes it, and of course gets on the correct side of the pack... This is about what it was like.

START(
%CM5O6%DC8L6%FN7N6%GJ8P5%HN7P3%IP2O6%JH4S8%LM4M8%ML6P9%NI8J5
%OJ6H0%PE7O5%Ur0N0%VY3Z4%WX3Z2%XI4S0%YY6D5%Zr5M8%[O5G7%\X4C8
%]H9R4%^F5P0%_D2[6%`F9V5%aH1T7
)END

He uses hold up, but it seems like it only takes on the 2nd rail! to get perfect on his side.!! It's an impossible shot to hit the ball hard enough, and yet kill the ball to his side, but he seemed to have no problem. Magician. "I've been practicing my cueball postion," he says. Yeah... whatever.

Efren continues the run, but gets loose again, needing 2. He banks straight back but comes up just short, ending his run of consecutive 8 outs. Jason has nothing to shoot and leaves Efren a cross corner bank, and the out. 3-0

"I got lucky," he says again. "It was only race to 3."

Efren Reyes has won he 2006 One Pocket Event at the DCC, and has won it every year that he has been in it.

Knowing that pretty much only a win in the 9-ball will get him the all-around, his being the best at smelling and snatching the money makes him about even odds to win it again, even though he's behind Jason Miller by a ton.

Fred

Last edited:

sizl

With all due respect to Jason Miller, because he is a hell of a player. But that was total domination. Efren is the bar and he plays at a higher level than all.
It was an honor and a priviledge to be able to watch that exhibition. I feel lucky! But I wish I would have been there.

Last edited:

sizl

Fred Agnir said:
Knowing that pretty much only a win in the 9-ball will get him the all-around, his being the best at smelling and snatching the money makes him about even odds to win it again, even though he's behind Jason Miller by a ton.

Fred

Is their a site that has a running tally of the over-all points standings as well as the breakdown of points in the 9ball trny?
Thanks in advance
Todd

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
sizl said:
Is their a site that has a running tally of the over-all points standings as well as the breakdown of points in the 9ball trny?
Thanks in advance
Todd

LOL!!! Yeah. AZBilliards.....

Fred

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
Efren was amazing, but Jason did sell out on too many shots in that match. Jason he didn't take very many shots to begin with. I'm not talking anything away from Efren, but Jason made it easier for him than it should have been. The bank and the cut were amazing just the same. Efren rules one pocket at the DCC...(hear the echo?) ;)

sizl

Fred Agnir said:
LOL!!! Yeah. AZBilliards.....

Fred

LMAO. I failed to add.....besides AZ Billiards.

But what a better place to hang out and watch Efren play great 1 pocket than 1Pocket.Org ;)
Irony?
Or sabotage?
:eek:

thecardman

Verified Member
From
Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland
Fred Agnir said:
...Buy the DVD....

I fully intend to!!!

Personally, I hope that they manage to sqeeze both Reyes - Pagulayan matches from yesterday onto the one DVD. I watched the first one live and it was the most amazing match I have seen in a long, long time. All I could do half the time was laugh in amazement watching The Magician work his wonders. It was like watching the late, great Doug Henning performing magic on TV - he made you believe that nothing was impossible!

Just a pity about these blooming time differences! The second Reyes - Pagulayan match took place at midnight UK time last night and I had to sleep because of work! Still, at least I will be at DCC in a year (well, I fully intend to be!).

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
Fred Agnir said:
Oscar Dominguez. They weren't supposed to continue broadcast, but they're continuing anyway.

I'm not sure what he was trying.

Fred

I don't know Oscar. But it sure seemed like he was doing alot of posturing and was as nervous as can be. The time he took on that shot alone and then shoot it like that was just ridiculous. I would be nervous/excited playing Efren too, but I don't think I would be posturing for the cameras. :D Well, I might have looked up at them, smiled and shrugged my shoulders at least once! :eek:

Last edited:

LastTwo

sizl said:

Why don't you give Oscar a break. He's one of my close friends, and he has NEVER played one-pocket before this tournament. Not once. And yet he's out there putting up his money to play in these events just to learn. I don't see you out there.

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
I just wanted to tell Fred A. thanks about a 100x for being the main source of info on what's happening at the DCC. Other than Fred posting here and on CCB, the only source of info I found was Tony Crosbys' poolsniper.com site.

Hasn't AZB gone down during major events before? How about members only get to log on during the DCC next year?

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
LastTwo said:
Why don't you give Oscar a break. He's one of my close friends, and he has NEVER played one-pocket before this tournament. Not once. And yet he's out there putting up his money to play in these events just to learn. I don't see you out there.

Relax. If you do put yourself out there, you need to be able to take the critisism. I mean this is the internet. We would all loved to have been in his shoes. Don't be so touchy. I've been blasted for saying or doing things on here before, but you gotta expect that. *I usually end up admitting I was wrong, though. :eek: * It is honorable of you to defend him, but think about it.

Oh and for the record, we were talking about his 9-ball match, not one-pocket. I'm sure he has played that before. ;)

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
LastTwo said:
He's one of my close friends, and he has NEVER played one-pocket before this tournament. .

I hear you. And no matter who it was, they'd look terrible against Efren.

BTW, they were playing 9-ball.

Fred

Shorty

Verified Member
From
Melbourne, Florida
Put it to ya this way...with the way I saw Efren moving last night, I would back him against ANYBODY on this planet giving them 10-6 and they don't gotta like it AT ALL!!!!!

That draw two rail shot to get the final ball against Alex...I almost spit Coke on my monitor...I was shaking my head and going WTF! He kept burying him behind that 2 ball...and NOT using the normal methods AT ALL...The Magician...yes...Bata is most definitely the Magician.

Shorty

yobagua

Oscar Dominguez is a rare part of the pool playing community. A real gentleman and sportsman. A guy who tries to everyday improve his skills as a player. He was fortunate to grow up under the tutelage of his father Ernesto a great champion as well. They both bring fine traits and examples of what pool could be. A Sport. Ask any pro on the tour. Ernesto and his family are considered to be first class.