B. Shuff vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

bstroud

Verified Member
I really don't see anything wrong with shooting in the 9 ball and putting the cue ball up behind the 10 ball or at least on the long rail.

Not a tough shot for a 9 ball player.

The 2 rail on the 9 ball carries a lot of risk.

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Lol, when I set this two railer on the 9-ball up on my own table I found that scratch in the corner to be rather "on". I also found the kiss to be rather "on" when I tried to avoid the scratch, but I notice Dennis doesn't include the kiss in his choices. I don't know, door #1??

Steve, Freddie and I set this shot up several times and when the shot was hit accurately neither the scratch or the kiss was a problem. We set it up as close to the position referenced as possible. The 9ball was positioned1-1/4" off bottom rail with the edge of the ball laying in front of the diamond (like in the picture) the cue ball was positioned below the center diamonf about the same distance from the rail as the 9ball. (1-1/4")

Dr.Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
His wording indicates to me it was his last choice. "Opening up the door for SVB's 8 and out", as if the 8 and out did in fact exist. :p

John Brumback

Verified Member
I didn't read what happened but I do know the two railer on the 9 is layin on the two in the side better than the two in the corner.I'm picking the last one where he miscued and scratched:lol.JB

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Steve, Freddie and I set this shot up several times and when the shot was hit accurately neither the scratch or the kiss was a problem. We set it up as close to the position referenced as possible. The 9ball was positioned1-1/4" off bottom rail with the edge of the ball laying in front of the diamond (like in the picture) the cue ball was positioned below the center diamonf about the same distance from the rail as the 9ball. (1-1/4")

Dr.Bill

How many times did you shoot it? How many times did you shoot it 'accurately'?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Plenty of times, the shot Billy recommended is certainly easily "on." It is not that difficult for anyone to shoot. It is absolutely the best shot in that situation.

Beard

I scratched in the pocket the first time I tried it, but I missed the hit by at least a half a ball. One Billy allowed me a "hand span" and put me a few inches off of the rail, I could make the damn thing about 2 out of 5 tries.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

I didn't have any problems with the shot, mainly because I felt good about the angle and hit it the way this shot is meant to be hit. Providing that it lays well the shot plays natural with the execution of it. Set it up and shoot it until you understand the type of action that takes place.

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
The nine looks tempting but unless the cueball is played two rails and out toward the middle of the table there is no second shot. This makes the nine ball a poor choice in my opinion. That combo is too close to being "on" to take a chance at this stage of the game. By waiting one more shot by playing a safety now, an agressive shot is right around the corner. A little patience is needed here, and that nine ball bank isn't going anywhere soon.

I would play into that ball at the top of the stack sending it two rails up table and pulling the cue ball into the stack. From there I have a strangle hold on the game.

Tom

This is what I warned against in post #4 of this wwyd. One more time, the safety off that ball at the top of the stack provided all that was needed at this stage of the game.

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
This is what I warned against in post #4 of this wwyd. One more time, the safety off that ball at the top of the stack provided all that was needed at this stage of the game.

Tom

Tom I like it, your doing a three ball combo movement towards your pocket....and you could naturally lay the cue ball in the middle of your opponents 3 balls cluster.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Tom
Tom, if the combo was on then Shane shouldn't of shot the bank on the 10ball. When he opted to shoot the 10ball bank we would then have to feel that the combo wasn't on, however it was. :confused: Of course your shot was the best option..providing the combo was laying good for Shuff, then playing the cue ball in the stack would have even more merit other than just the trapping end of it. However, if the combo wasn't on then banking the 10ball was a viable option because of the potential the shot carried. Good cue ball...possibility of pocketing a ball...creating a better ball running potential. Those are points that are hard to dispute. I would also like to mention that the option that Shane chose was the better option for a top player (Imo) because of the difficulty with the option as opposed to the difficulty with your shot. If you as the shooter was guaranteed to hit both options good then I would play Shane's option over your option, however that's not the case. With that understanding then for a B player and below your option becomes more appealing.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Billy-- You're forgetting about the 11-ball bank into the 6-ball, rolling the CB uptable then down behind the stack. That shot is better than the 10-ball which Shane shot...;) The 6-ball sits as a huge wide ball to make, whereas the 10-ball has to be hit with pinpoint accuracy, and is 8 feet away.

Doc