B. Rubble vs. F. Flintstone 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
I remember watching this match, along with many others during that tourney. The commentators finally gave up trying to say the numbers on the balls. They started referring to the colors instead. LOL
Another thing, they were joking about getting to 5 pennies on the rail and changing it for a nickel.....good stuff.

DickP

Verified Member
From
San Antonio, TX
Eeesh! Maybe fan the 3 and go to the side rail just below the side pocket with right English, try to leave it on the head rail and use the 8 as a blocker?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The score is -4 to -4. It's Barney's shot and he's been warned that he's on 2 fouls. What would you do?

I would come off either 3 or 12 to go a little short of my (Barnie's) side pocket. I think I like the 12 better; it may take away one of Fred's best safe returns.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That Barney is a tricky fellow but since Mr. Slate put him in the tourney he called up Stoney Curtis and took his advice. He shot it 3 rails off the 12 ball:

P.S. At one point this game reached the score of -8 to -6.

br shot.jpg

br1.jpg

He left it here for Fred:

br leave.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm kicking 2 rails goin' for the 3 and using allot of cue ball speed. Allot of good can happen moving into these two balls at speed from that direction, plus my opponent needs to run 12 to win. Even if I come up short or long, many good things can happen up and down table.
From this position, If I only give up one or two balls max that'll work.