B. Hall vs. E. Reyes 2005 D.C.C.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I personally think that you just have to take into account in a game like this you are dealing with an offensive animal that banks, cuts and even kicks balls in very well. To keep a guy like efren from getting one ball just seems futile to me. My point being, I don't believe in prolonging this game, I think that is a loser in the long run. I am not saying that is a hard and fast rule, and you have to shoot against efren every flyer there is, I am just mentioning that if you have a chance to almost knot it up, I mean you gotta take it. To hope that you can tie this guy up to where he can't kick out of it, or easily come off a ball and get out of it, is just kind of hoping and wishing imo. Even if you hit that bank and float down to the end rail, I don't feel you are going to be looking at anything much better than the 3 ball bank for your reward, and you may very well be looking at something much worse.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hey Billy....Since Freddy fronted me recently..;)...let me just flick my bic for a second and go down on record here in saying...

I can give Freddy a minimum of 8-7 in spelling & vocabulary...:eek: :eek:...:heh

- Ghost

I dont think you could even get your girlfriend (girl friend?)Riva to bet on you in that game! We could start this little thing by you telling us the correct form of girl friend or girlfriend -- without running to Google of course.

Spelling there might be hope, but you stepped into it with vocabulary.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I personally think that you just have to take into account in a game like this you are dealing with an offensive animal that banks, cuts and even kicks balls in very well. To keep a guy like efren from getting one ball just seems futile to me. My point being, I don't believe in prolonging this game, I think that is a loser in the long run. I am not saying that is a hard and fast rule, and you have to shoot against efren every flyer there is, I am just mentioning that if you have a chance to almost knot it up, I mean you gotta take it. To hope that you can tie this guy up to where he can't kick out of it, or easily come off a ball and get out of it, is just kind of hoping and wishing imo. Even if you hit that bank and float down to the end rail, I don't feel you are going to be looking at anything much better than the 3 ball bank for your reward, and you may very well be looking at something much worse.

Sounds like you shouldnt have even bothered to play the game at all. Just give the win to him and dont even play. Not me brother. I believe in going down to the last man.

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sounds like a "Scrabble" match in the making to me! :cool:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Ho hum...can you imagine? - somebody trying to make a move on the Ghost..:rolleyes:...I could have sworn that I said/posted spelling and vocabulary...

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with a niche game where memorizing all the two and three letter words and also maybe getting lucky and drawing the K, and the Z, and the X, and the J, and the S's are what's happening.

- Gh:cool:st

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Ho hum...can you imagine? - somebody trying to make a move on the Ghost..:rolleyes:...I could have sworn that I said/posted spelling and vocabulary...

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with a niche game where memorizing all the two and three letter words and also maybe getting lucky and drawing the K, and the Z, and the X, and the J, and the S's are what's happening.

LOL!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Spelling is highly overrated anyway (we all know what the heck people are saying 98% of the time), and vocabulary is underrated (we could all use a few more words in our arsenals i believe, but they do no good if nobody understands them :cool:).

I think i'd like to "imbue" some fine young woman tonight, but I don't know if that word works for that.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I dont think you could even get your girlfriend (girl friend?)Riva to bet on you in that game! We could start this little thing by you telling us the correct form of girl friend or girlfriend -- without running to Google of course.

Spelling there might be hope, but you stepped into it with vocabulary.

Beard

First of all, what are you doing still up at 9:00 reading posts?..:rolleyes:..I'll answer my own question - I'm gonna call Cardone right now and tell him that I'll lay him 6-1 that Billy S. called you up to tell you that I was fronting you about spelling and vocabulary..:heh..that's gotta be how it went down...:cool:...

As for me "stepping into it" - yeah, maybe I stepped into a gold mine...:heh...how's this sound...when Billy comes to town next month, we'll set up a table with a dictionary at Red Shoes..and we'll have Billy pick out 20 big, fat, obscure words (that he never heard of :p) at random from the dictionary, and we'll see who gets the most definitions and spellings right - and we'll stream it...:heh...THE WINDOWS OPEN...:eek:...:heh

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
First of all, what are you doing still up at 9:00 reading posts?..:rolleyes:..I'll answer my own question - I'm gonna call Cardone right now and tell him that I'll lay him 6-1 that Billy S. called you up to tell you that I was fronting you about spelling and vocabulary..:heh..that's gotta be how it went down...:cool:...

As for me "stepping into it" - yeah, maybe I stepped into a gold mine...:heh...how's this sound...when Billy comes to town next month, we'll set up a table with a dictionary at Red Shoes..and we'll have Billy pick out 20 big, fat, obscure words (that he never heard of :p) at random from the dictionary, and we'll see who gets the most definitions and spellings right - and we'll stream it...:heh...THE WINDOWS OPEN...:eek:...:heh

Still waiting for the girlfriend or girl friend answer. Whattsamatta, you dont know how to use your Google?:lol

Beard

One more thing, vocabulary is like pool, you must play (or use it) in order to stay in stroke. My vocabulary was at its high point, and it was a very high point, when I was around 20 years old. But then I started hanging in Bensinger's and started talking pool talk....... Now, it is hard to complete a sentence without using a curse word.