B. Hall vs. E. Reyes 2005 D.C.C.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
You're making me 'dizzy' I never said that I would of shot the 3ball bank to go all out on it, bad percentage move. What I did say is that I would of shot the 3ball bank..not to make it..and position it behind the 2ball and 13ball sending the cue ball to the top rail by the 14ball. From there Reyes is in deep trouble without a reasonable return option. Dr. Bill

Billy, your going to have to stop saying, "I would of", "he would of", etc. Those expressions are disambiguations of the correct grammar, which would be: "I would have", or "I would've". I can see how it happens. "Would've" gets morphed to "would of". But you're giving us Pittsburghers a bad name.:D:lol Evidently you skipped Miss Steven's grammar class the day she talked about contractions-- just so you could go down to Hennigan's pooroom to play 9-ball.;)

Buddy evidently used center on the CB because he was trying to make the 3-ball straight back-- the most natural way to make the bank. In your shot --banking the 3 toward the hole below the deuce for a move-- it could be cued several different ways, depending on where you want the CB to end up. Actually a guy could combine your shot with Beard's: banking the 3 down table while rolling the CB on top of the 1-6.

Remember, this is now the Hippie love-in thread.:cool:

Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ

Billy, your going to have to stop saying, "I would of", "he would of", etc. Those expressions are disambiguations of the correct grammar, which would be: "I would have", or "I would've". I can see how it happens. "Would've" gets morphed to "would of". But you're giving us Pittsburghers a bad name.:D:lol Evidently you skipped Miss Steven's grammar class the day she talked about contractions-- just so you could go down to Hennigan's pooroom to play 9-ball.;)

Buddy evidently used center on the CB because he was trying to make the 3-ball straight back-- the most natural way to make the bank. In your shot --banking the 3 toward the hole below the deuce for a move-- it could be cued several different ways, depending on where you want the CB to end up. Actually a guy could combine your shot with Beard's: banking the 3 down table while rolling the CB on top of the 1-6.

Doc

Come on Doc, you could of gone a little easier on Billie. keith

tylerdurden

Verified Member
That is what i'd be shooting too. I don't think the cb woud go quite that far, and I would not put that much right on it. This is one of those "Brumback" strokes (I call it that only because I learned it from him) where you DO want spin on the cb, but the minimum amount of spin. If you spin it too much, it wont turn the ob as well. Even if you dont get over for that ball, you still have the 2 anyway, but the stroke I am talking about it lays perfect I think to get right on that stripe out close to the ball you are banking. I'll either go just above it or bump that ball if I hit it how I want.

:p You can make that ball with center, or a touch of inside. I'd say center is probably an easier way to cinch it from that distance. I will also note with that stroke it would be difficult/impossible to tell if he used a hair of spin or center ball.

This thread seems to have put some of us, including me, into a weird mood. Anyway, what i do see is if he happens to get decent on that 13, he can get a real good angle to perhaps billiard the 7 off the 2. I can see getting 5 or 6 here for a world class player real easy; or maybe 5 and hang the 14 in your hole. To me, that is your best chance to win this game playing efren, and I think the fact that he made that bank lends support to that.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Final thoughts. The 3-railer is a stiff. a. you could get a kiss. b. you could run into the ball next to the 3 ball. c. to miss the ball next to the 3 you have to send the cue ball forward, and if you do miss the kiss it will be very difficult to control the speed of the cue ball and it is doubtful that you will wind up close to the bottom rail. d. if you do make it, you have another long shot to start with (if you did get the cue ball close to the rail) , and no matter what you aint getting out with those balls jammed up on the back rail.

Beard
........... :p

Attachments

• wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg
    wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
In Billy's occasional day job, where he gets paid to do commentary, there is no spelling. Here he does not get paid, and as far as I am concerned, he can certainly use whatever grammar or spelling he wants :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Doc
Using correct Grammar elevates your game at least 2 balls, that's how The Beard elevated his speed.:lol You know i'm correct, after all you agreed with the kick on the 6ball needing eight balls to your opponents one. :p:sorry

Accumulate that.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
In Billy's occasional day job, where he gets paid to do commentary, there is no spelling. Here he does not get paid, and as far as I am concerned, he can certainly use whatever grammar or spelling he wants :D

Steve, i'm going to Chicago next month to take some Grammar lessons from The Beard, when I return i'll be playing at least two balls better than I am now. Maybe The Ghost will also give me some Grammar lessons, can't beat that, lessons from The Beard and The Ghost I may even move as good as Artie after that.:D RIGHT DOC???

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Steve, i'm going to Chicago next month to take some Grammar lessons from The Beard, when I return i'll be playing at least two balls better than I am now. Maybe The Ghost will also give me some Grammar lessons, can't beat that, lessons from The Beard and The Ghost I may even move as good as Artie after that.:D RIGHT DOC???

Dr. Bill

Artie moves like a linguist taking X-Lax, slow and safe, works overnight. :D
Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Steve, if Billy's spelling were an Accustats' requirement, Pat would have run him off YEARS ago.;) But he spells like a St. John's University professor in comparison to Artie.:eek: And Artie is even more stubborn! However Billy does make it up with verbosity. He'll never make a point with a single sentence, when he can get away with many, many paragraphs.:D

I heard he was pulled over by a cop one time, and was about to be arrested. The cop said, "Okay Mr. Incardona, do you want to talk now, or wait 'til we get downtown. Billy said, "I want to talk now, I want to talk downtown, and I want to talk in the car all the way to downtown." The cop said, "Have a nice day, sir."

Watch out, Chicago. You won't be able to say you weren't warned!

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Dr. Bill

I will be in Chicago the 22nd to the 26th to play the Ghost and hope to give him a few lessons.

You, I am staying away from, having gotten about 10k in lessons the last few years.:frus

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve, if Billy's spelling were an Accustats' requirement, Pat would have run him off YEARS ago.;) But he spells like a St. John's University professor in comparison to Artie.:eek: And Artie is even more stubborn! However Billy does make it up with verbosity. He'll never make a point with a single sentence, when he can get away with many, many paragraphs.:D

I heard he was pulled over by a cop one time, and was about to be arrested. The cop said, "Okay Mr. Incardona, do you want to talk now, or wait 'til we get downtown. Billy said, "I want to talk now, I want to talk downtown, and I want to talk in the car all the way to downtown." The cop said, "Have a nice day, sir."

Watch out, Chicago. You won't be able to say you weren't warned!

Doc
Yeah, no one could match Artie in the spelling and grammar. But one of the things I took a certain pride in for OnePocket.org about Artie was that he felt comfortable enough posting -- prolifically -- despite obvious failings in the spelling, grammar and punctuation departments. I hope others have been inspired by that, in fact -- if he can do it, anyone can do it, no matter their writing skills -- because it's the thought that counts :D

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Yeah, no one could match Artie in the spelling and grammar. But one of the things I took a certain pride in for OnePocket.org about Artie was that he felt comfortable enough posting -- prolifically -- despite obvious failings in the spelling, grammar and punctuation departments. I hope others have been inspired by that, in fact -- if he can do it, anyone can do it, no matter their writing skills -- because it's the thought that counts :D

I never had any problem understanding what Artie had to say. The only thing was him not putting a space between the lines. After he learned to do that all was good.

Too bad he's not posting anymore. Everything he had to say was interesting. Someone needs to talk him to come back. Steve?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
B. Hall vs. E. Reyes 2005 D.C.C.

I never had any problem understanding what Artie had to say. The only thing was him not putting a space between the lines. After he learned to do that all was good.

Too bad he's not posting anymore. Everything he had to say was interesting. Someone needs to talk him to come back. Steve?

Last year he dropped by the US Open One Pocket for a bit so I hope to see him this year too

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Too bad he's not posting anymore. Everything he had to say was interesting. Someone needs to talk him to come back. Steve
?

^^^^ i agree completely with what frank said

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
We're not quite done here yet...:eek:...:heh...

Re. the response to the shot choice of kicking the 6...

For days everybody has been fiercely debating the pros/cons, value/danger, etc. of the return shot of coming off the 3 and then down to the foot rail...

Well besides that return shot, let me add what I posited (to myself) early on in this thread, but was too lazy to post...

That's not the only obvious/viable return shot available after a kick to the 6 anyways...instead of that shot, I can just come off of that striped ball that's sitting to the left of the 1ball - sending the cueball passing by the two spotted balls, on whichever side of them is a more natural path/easier to execute, and on down to the foot rail...

And for those of you who will want to reply by saying that the downside to this shot is I will be removing the striped ball that was laying in my favor, on my side of the table and bankable I will say...yes, but it will be a wash/tradeoff - because I'm going to leave that striped ball on his side in a spot where will it will block his bank on the 13ball - so it will be like "trading pawns"

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Dr. Bill

Hey Billy....Since Freddy fronted me recently..;)...let me just flick my bic for a second and go down on record here in saying...

I can give Freddy a minimum of 8-7 in spelling & vocabulary...:eek: :eek:...:heh

- Ghost