Any ideas to help?

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I just read a great book and I'm a harsh critic. I wanted to e-mail, call or write the author to praise his work and offer to buy us dinner, where I could relate details not spoken of in the book. I don't understand why people make themselves unavailible to the general public. I've never had unlisted numbers or secrets that I had to have hidden. The positive calls I've received far outweighed the negative ones.
I googled this guy and on a site I was offered a chance to join a discussion group. I DON"T WISH TO BE IN A DISCUSSION GROUP.
I might add that this gentleman is no more well known or successful in his work than I am in mine. In short it's his loss more than mine and yours, too fellow pool lovers because I certainly won't reveal the author's name to you because this type of thing makes me sick and it's frustrating and I have no desire to help his popularity.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Grady, you might reach him thru his publisher, assuming he has one. If he has self-published, that won't work. And he may not have written under his real name.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
definately not.....

definately not.....

.......any help except to mention an old saw that goes" Dont look too close at your heros,you might not like what you see",cheers,James

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Reaching people.

Reaching people.

If you want to reach anyone you can. May take a little work but these days no one is unreachable. (except SJD on systems)

There have been a few experiments done to see how little it takes to connect any two random people. That's where the concept of six degrees of separation comes from, that everyone is connected by no more than six people. I don't believe that but apparently there is something to it based on the experiments that have been done.

However perhaps the best way you can compliment him is to recommend his work to others.