Another WWYD

onepockethacker

Verified Member
No, I want the QB to sit on the 12.

Why would you want to leave it there? The 11 ball is not going to make the 4 ball unless you get a lucky hit off the side rail then off the 2 balls tied up. By leaving the cue ball by the 12 your opponent has an easy make of your 4 ball and will probably be able to freeze the cueball on something after he makes it. The beauty of the shot is you are moving the 11 ball that goes in his hole and you draw the cue ball up table so even if you dont break up the balls by his side you can use them to double up the cue ball from the 4.
P.S. If I was down 3 to 0 I would shoot Toms shot

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Another WWYD

The only shot other than Tom and Larry's is to two rail the 11 with just enough enough speed to break up, nudge, the two balls on Mitches side.

I considered that. If I did that I would have broken up the two blockers by his hole. I liked them there. I still like my shot up 3-0. Until I hit it too short and scratched. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I considered that. If I did that I would have broken up the two blockers by his hole. I liked them there. I still like my shot up 3-0. Until I hit it too short and scratched. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitch i like your thought process
ie free up the balls that dont go for you and and stop my opponent to leave you safe up table ( eventually) since they dont go
and had you gotten the short rail you may of gotten underneath the 13 protecting the 4.
good choice/poor execution.....:frus...:mad:
execution can always be improved,.....:)
knowing what to shoot sometimes takes more time.....:(
jmho

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hello!

Hello!

This is a perfect example of internet moving and what would really happen in a live money game. Everybody is looking for some exotic shot or something the other players do not see to post on the thread.

In a match for enough $$ to pay attention, 95% of the players who have played one pocket are making the 4 ball rail first, then taking out the balls by the opponents pocket with the 10 and sticking the cue ball there. You are now 4/zip with the balls out of his pocket.

I will be in Reno for the US Open One Pocket in Feb. We can set this shot up for a small prop bet and have some fun.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
This is a perfect example of internet moving and what would really happen in a live money game. Everybody is looking for some exotic shot or something the other players do not see to post on the thread.

In a match for enough $$ to pay attention, 95% of the players who have played one pocket are making the 4 ball rail first, then taking out the balls by the opponents pocket with the 10 and sticking the cue ball there. You are now 4/zip with the balls out of his pocket.

I will be in Reno for the US Open One Pocket in Feb. We can set this shot up for a small prop bet and have some fun.

John, If the situation can be set up to our mutual satisfaction, I'm in. That being said I did say from the start that I would shoot this shot "if I was feeling feisty." :)

Tom

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Can he just bump that 15 and roll up/freeze on the 14? That would open things and put the other guy in a jam, and its easy to execute if the table rolls decent. It is hard to tell if some of these shots are on.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Can he just bump that 15 and roll up/freeze on the 14? That would open things and put the other guy in a jam, and its easy to execute if the table rolls decent. It is hard to tell if some of these shots are on.

If you execute it perfectly it would be a good shot but if it rolls off or something you lose. You are up 3 to 0 so no need to risk it.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Why would you want to leave it there? The 11 ball is not going to make the 4 ball unless you get a lucky hit off the side rail then off the 2 balls tied up. By leaving the cue ball by the 12 your opponent has an easy make of your 4 ball and will probably be able to freeze the cueball on something after he makes it. The beauty of the shot is you are moving the 11 ball that goes in his hole and you draw the cue ball up table so even if you dont break up the balls by his side you can use them to double up the cue ball from the 4.
P.S. If I was down 3 to 0 I would shoot Toms shot

Your jacked over the 2 ball, how are you going to to the head rail? If you draw past the 2 you hit the 11 at the wrong angle

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Your jacked over the 2 ball, how are you going to to the head rail? If you draw past the 2 you hit the 11 at the wrong angle

What? You have to cut the 11 ball a little to the right. You are going to draw the ball with bottom left english. The cue ball will hit the side rail right above the 12 ball then spin off the rail up table.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I believe the best shot from this position with the score the way it is, is to double bank the 11ball and try to draw the cue ball and use the spotted balls as a blocker for the 4ball. The 11ball is a very problematic ball for the shooter, it blocks the bank on the 6ball for you and it also serves as a break out ball for your opponent. Plus it's a very difficult ball to move from just about anywhere on the table. Also the 10ball will block a very high percentage of return cross corner banks for your opponent, which makes the double bank option even stronger.

Lets take a fair look at it. If you double bank the 11ball you will then open up the cross corner bank with the 6ball for you. This ball will be very difficult for your opponent to defend, and if you happen to open up the two balls that are tied up on your side then the bank on the 6ball is a winning shot for you.

I see a lot of benefit with this option, and the one that I would choose.

Bill Incardona

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I believe the best shot from this position with the score the way it is, is to double bank the 11ball and try to draw the cue ball and use the spotted balls as a blocker for the 4ball. The 11ball is a very problematic ball for the shooter, it blocks the bank on the 6ball for you and it also serves as a break out ball for your opponent. Plus it's a very difficult ball to move from just about anywhere on the table. Also the 10ball will block a very high percentage of return cross corner banks for your opponent, which makes the double bank option even stronger.

Lets take a fair look at it. If you double bank the 11ball you will then open up the cross corner bank with the 6ball for you. This ball will be very difficult for your opponent to defend, and if you happen to open up the two balls that are tied up on your side then the bank on the 6ball is a winning shot for you.

I see a lot of benefit with this option, and the one that I would choose.

Bill Incardona

I would agree if I was not shooting over a ball on this shot. Hitting an accurate two rail shot while jacked up is too difficult for me.

I would rather control the shot on the four ball in my hole than give my opponent a chance to make that decision.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would agree if I was not shooting over a ball on this shot. Hitting an accurate two rail shot while jacked up is too difficult for me.

I would rather control the shot on the four ball in my hole than give my opponent a chance to make that decision.

You don't even have to hit the 2 railer on the 11 ball good for it to be the best option available. The last thing you should do in this situation is make the 4 ball and leave the 11 ball where it is.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Draw shot, shoot the two into the thirteen and snatch whitey back between the eleven, and the two tied up balls, it's near impossible to sell out with this simple/close draw shot plus I've relocated with speed, the two and the 13 to my side of table. Or I could just roll down on top of the ten with the ten off the rail slightly and whitey on the rail.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

John, I would first like to address what Hacker said when he said that you really don't need to hit the 11ball good for it to be effective, I agree. Secondly, the 2ball is a good 3" away from the 2ball in a position for a "right handed player" to comfortably reach and sight the shot. Notice I said for a right handed player. For a left handed player double banking the 11ball may not even be an option unless he can turn around. But most importantly the 11ball option is the best shot for the reasons I explained in my earlier post.

!. You're moving a very problematic ball (11ball) This ball only favors your opponent.
2. Opening up the bank on the 6ball. (This alone would encourage me to choose this option.)
3. Simple shot to execute, (for a right handed player)

This option gets a lot done and keeps the pressure on your opponent. Once the 6ball becomes a ball for your opponent to defend against your win percentage goes way up.

Bill Incardona