Another WWYD

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389377127.933421.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389377144.968406.jpg

From yesterday's play. You're up 3-0. The 4 is in your hole. (Top right in pic). It's your shot.

Wwyd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
I would place safe by trying to bank 10 ball into the 14/15 to break them up and try and place cue ball in between the 11,12,6, so opponent has no shot on my 4.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I would bank the 11 out of the way and try to "snuggle" the cueball on the opponents side of the 10.

Ken

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Make the four, going rail first with enough speed to nudge the 14/15 balls. Then use the ten to clear the balls out of your opponents pocket.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Another WWYD

Just to add in case the pic doesn't show it, the 12-6 by his hole does not go.

8andout

Verified Member
Cut in the stripe on the rail (10 or 12) and run the cueball up table and back to where the stripe now lays. there is a huge cushion for error in making that combo.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I will withhold my opinion until later but my answer would depend on how feisty I want to get. :D

Tom
I'd feel pretty feisty from here: carom off the 12 into the 11-4, with pretty certain shape on the 10. I don't even think that shot sells out if I miss the combo. And it looks like I can cue alongside the 2, instead of over it.

UPDATE: I posted my shot *before* I read past Tom's initial post. Sadly, lll bet me to it. That's what I get for doing work at work!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Another WWYD

I'd feel pretty feisty from here: carom off the 12 into the 11-4, with pretty certain shape on the 10. I don't even think that shot sells out if I miss the combo. And it looks like I can cue alongside the 2, instead of over it.

UPDATE: I posted my shot *before* I read past Tom's initial post. Sadly, lll bet me to it. That's what I get for doing work at work!

Just curious... What do you see the 12 doing on this shot?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

The real question is; What will the cue ball do on this shot? After the carom on the eleven, will the cue ball pass the six ball and possibly scratch? I would have to look a tad closer to the shot to determine that one. :rolleyes:

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

from the angle presented its tough for me to tell if the 12 hits the 6/rail or rail/6
since i couldnt be sure unless at the table whether there is a possible double kiss with the 12 or 6 and the cue ball
but to me it didnt matter since i figured even if the cue ball gets bumped a bit i should still have a shot on the 11 after the 4 goes in

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Another WWYD

I do like everyone's choices. Thanks! Guess I wasn't feeling to frisky lol.

In the end, I decided to come off of the right side of the 15 (breaking up 2 that didn't go on my side) with right hand English and put the cue uptable behind the 13. Aaand I scratched in the corner :(. (I was too mad to take an "after" pic. :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The only shot other than Tom and Larry's is to two rail the 11 with just enough enough speed to break up, nudge, the two balls on Mitches side.