Another Tough Choice

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hows this, Shoot the 5 in with a little draw. Q gets a 1/2 ball hit on the 12, pops it over for a nice easy shot at your hole. Get shape on the 1 and win:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Billy....Your lighter toned post #36 was much better - with the silly smiley face...:)...

Now then...You aren't reading what was actually said...Where did I say, that you said, your shot was for everyone? - I never said that at all..:rolleyes:...all I did was tease your post a little about that 2-rail position being easy for you to succeed at.

Nope that's not my agenda at all...in many of my shot choice posts, I don't even state a favorite choice - just like in this thread - since I never even picked a favorite choice in this thread, how could I get/want anybody to agree with me...:rolleyes:...

Like you, my agenda is to present and discuss shots...but it's also to have fun joking around and needling people a little re. their shot choices...or disagreeing with their analysis if I see it differently - no matter who it is...:)

- Gho$t
Sometimes your teasing can get confusing to other players, then your humor is counter productive, especially when there is a shot that is contested.

And it looked like to me that after highlighting both SJD'S post and Frank's post you were criticising my post about how I zip the cue ball between the balls, with a dash of sarcasm. Oh by the way I do think that it's not difficult at all to do what I stated I could do with the cue ball, my problem is making the ball a decent percentage of the time. And like I also mentioned that there isn't a top player that wouldn't shoot the shot I described, and I personally think that there are a lot more players that can execute this shot then you think. Maybe i'm a little more agressive then most, but agressive play pays off more then one way.;) Plus it's more fun, especially when you win.

Billy I.

Skin

Verified Member
jtompilot said:
Hows this, Shoot the 5 in with a little draw. Q gets a 1/2 ball hit on the 12, pops it over for a nice easy shot at your hole. Get shape on the 1 and win:D

That sort of plan often works out better than it appears on paper (or WEI). There is almost no bad place to hit the opposite rail/balls in this layout unless you overstroke on the 5 and land the cb in the jaws of the upper corner on his side. The balls over there are your friends, not your enemies. Yes, to get out...

Ex-9 baller's secrets revealed. Where's Fred to write them down? :rolleyes: ;) :D

Skin

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jtompilot said:
Your shot imo is a good shot, your hitting it with good pocket speed and giving yourself a chance to win. I like it.;) As long as you feel confident you can make the ball going into the 12 ball shouldn't be a distraction, it certainly beats rolling it, by a long shot. And if you happen not to go into the 12 ball you can bank the 12 and perhaps get out.:D Good thinking.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Skin said:
That sort of plan often works out better than it appears on paper (or WEI). There is almost no bad place to hit the opposite rail/balls in this layout unless you overstroke on the 5 and land the cb in the jaws of the upper corner on his side. The balls over there are your firends, not your enemies.

Ex-9 baller's secrets revealed. Where's Fred to write them down? :rolleyes: ;) :D

Skin
Quite a bit of merit in what you say, plus a little bit of humor attached.:cool:

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Sometimes your teasing can get confusing to other players ---------- You mean confused, as in, my making them unsure if what you tell them is gospel or not?...:D

And it looked like to me that after highlighting both SJD'S post and Frank's post you were criticising my post about how I zip the cue ball between the balls, with a dash of sarcasm.
Billy I.

I wasn't criticising your post, but re. your stated consistency rate for getting the cueball between the 12 and 8balls, I was giving you one of these >>> :rolleyes:

- Ghost...:)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
I wasn't criticising your post, but re. your stated consistency rate for getting the cueball between the 12 and 8balls, I was giving you one of these >>> :rolleyes:

- Ghost...:)
Not exactly.

Maybe you should practice the shot, and shots like this one so you can incorporate them into your game. You never know, you may need them against SJD and John. And if for some reason you can't develope the feel for these types of shots..Move like a Ghost;)

Billy I.

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
[ame]http://vimeo.com/18191497[/ame] see shots 2,3,and 4 we need to start numbering these things!

I finally got my webcam set up, and still tweeking it. I shot this situation a few ways, all takes are first attempt....no unfair practicing :)

Let me know how it looks on your end please...

thnx, Gerry

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Gerry said:
http://vimeo.com/18191497 see shots 2,3,and 4 we need to start numbering these things!

I finally got my webcam set up, and still tweeking it. I shot this situation a few ways, all takes are first attempt....no unfair practicing :)

Let me know how it looks on your end please...

thnx, Gerry

Gerry....Good job - It's cool to see somebody actually shooting our shot choice situation options on video - keep up the good work.

- Gho$t

PS, And don't think the Ghost didn't notice all that speed you've been showing ;) = making a 2-railer in your last video, and now an off-angle cross-corner in this one :eek: now after all that, at the DCC, don't try to rob the poor over-the-hill Ghost by asking him for weight...:D

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot the 5 with low left and play position on the 15 for a 2 rail bank with an angle that would allow you position on the 1 if you make it. About half way between the spot and the rail.
I all depends on your ability and confidence.
The 5 looks like a hanger to me.

Bill Stroud

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
bstroud said:
I would shoot the 5 with low left and play position on the 15 for a 2 rail bank with an angle that would allow you position on the 1 if you make it. About half way between the spot and the rail.
I all depends on your ability and confidence.
The 5 looks like a hanger to me.

Bill Stroud

Looks to me like the outside edge of the 8ball blocks the 2-railer.

- Ghost

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Gerry....Good job - It's cool to see somebody actually shooting our shot choice situation options on video - keep up the good work.

- Gho$t

PS, And don't think the Ghost didn't notice all that speed you've been showing ;) = making a 2-railer in your last video, and now an off-angle cross-corner in this one :eek: now after all that, at the DCC, don't try to rob the poor over-the-hill Ghost by asking him for weight...:D

no no never Ghost! I never ask for weight! If I can't beat you, I will go home and practice til I think I have another shot at you! :) I'll clean out the piggy bank, and post up again!

Actually, I am having a blast setting up these situations. I have a few ways in mind to shoot them ,and start with the most tame first to the most aggressive last. I'm learning new things each time I set them up.

Thanx for the kind words! hey, maybe can we can give each shot a designation of sorts so it is easier to know what I am shooting at? let me know what will work!

G.

bstroud

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Looks to me like the outside edge of the 8ball blocks the 2-railer.

Can't really tell from the pic but even if you have to play the 2 rail a little short to the long rail you now have another ball in your pocket and have about the same result as 2 railing the 1 ball.

Bill Stroud

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
how friggin cool is it to have a legend like Bill Stroud talking shot selection here?!

there is no end to the coolness that is 1p.org

whats next? Efren hanging out looking for a Chess match? :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Gerry said:
no no never Ghost! I never ask for weight! If I can't beat you, I will go home and practice til I think I have another shot at you! :) I'll clean out the piggy bank, and post up again!

Actually, I am having a blast setting up these situations. I have a few ways in mind to shoot them ,and start with the most tame first to the most aggressive last. I'm learning new things each time I set them up.

Thanx for the kind words! hey, maybe can we can give each shot a designation of sorts so it is easier to know what I am shooting at? let me know what will work!

G.

Hey Gerry....I remember several years ago having some pm's on here with a member named Gerry, but who had a different forum name, and who also lived in the east...was that somebody else, or was that you, but you changed your forum name at some point?

- Ghost

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Gerry....I remember several years ago having some pm's on here with a member named Gerry, but who had a different forum name, and who also lived in the east...was that somebody else, or was that you, but you changed your forum name at some point?

- Ghost

could have been me Ghost. I had an issue after getting a new laptop, and I could not get back on AZB or 1P.org? I am about 40 miles west o philly....I have used the names AZBGerry, GerryinPA, justGerry...but always with my name attatched. Hopefully that makes sense?

G.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Maybe you should practice the shot, and shots like this one so you can incorporate them into your game.
----------Not me - I'm too old to be a shooter - I'll stick to being a mover...;)

You never know, you may need them against SJD and John.
Nah, I'm not gonna out-shoot them - I'm gonna out-move them...:cool:

And if for some reason you can't develope the feel for these types of shots...Move like a Ghost;)

Billy I.

.....Gho$t

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
You never know, you may need them against SJD and John.
Nah, I'm not gonna out-shoot them
- I'm gonna out-move them

GHOST [/QUOTE]

Artie could hardly do it, I don't think you will.

Your best hope is to hold me until Bernie can run out.

My other matches have not materialized so you and Bernie are getting my full attention.

IF I win the partners match, I will give you 9/8 and give you a chance to get even.

The HENDERSON PARLAY SYSTEM at work.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Okay, I was playing today and had another tough shot choice...

The score is 5 to 5 and I have pocket A...

I can cut the 5 in, or I can bank the 1 twice cross-corner, stopping the cueball for position for the 5ball next if I happen to make the bank, or a snooker behind the 5 if I get the 1 close to my hole...if I shoot the 5, I have a very good chance of making it and going ahead 6 to 5...if I shoot the bank (which is laying very good angle-wise), I have a chance of making it, and the 5 next, and getting on the hill...

Speaking for myself - for me, this is about a 50/50 choice...if I was in this same position 6 different times, I might choose each shot three times each, just depending on what I felt like shooting at the time...

Which shot would you guys shoot?

- Gho$t

PS, And Papie, for a change, instead of making a joke :rolleyes: why don't you say seriously what you would shoot - I know that Larry for one, would like to see that.

Ghosty's Layout.jpg

As I have written here, the WEI tables do come for me if I double-click on them. They take me to the WEI table site where I can see the table, up-down page arrows, multi-page layouts and everything just like the way it used to work here. I've taken a screenshot of one of Ghosty's WEI tables that was in the 1st post of this thread. I put it in the above quoted post so anyone can see what Ghosty had originally discussed. Many of us already commented here but I thought I'd show a layout anyway to see if I remember how to do it.

Dennis