Another AZ layout your shot.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If you need more shot pics/angles go to AZ....
I chose banking the three ball combo 4 too my side, parking whitey with a stun draw.
This will stick the cue ball on the 7 and behind the 2 ball, allowing only up table cue ball travel.

E

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I would bank the 14-ball into my opponent's long rail and have it rebound into the very bottom area of the stack.

Here's my blueprint in pencil (because it needs a critical eye). I would use low, outside English on the cue ball which would allow a fuller hit on the 14-ball which would (the fuller hit) control the momentum of the cue ball as it moves slightly in reverse and towards the 5 and 6-balls. I would use a slower speed (a little harder than the pocket speed needed to cleanly bank the 14-ball across corner) when banking the 14-ball off my opponent's long rail into the very bottom of the stack (as in glancing off the very bottom of the stack). Finally and most importantly, I would control the cue ball to stop as close to the gap between the 5 and 6-balls.

Eengat

Verified Member
banking 14 into 12 could work, would look at it
CB uptable doubled up or, if table plays short and i feel comfy, CB 3 rails around

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would bank the 14-ball into my opponent's long rail and have it rebound into the very bottom area of the stack.

Here's my blueprint in pencil (because it needs a critical eye). I would use low, outside English on the cue ball which would allow a fuller hit on the 14-ball which would (the fuller hit) control the momentum of the cue ball as it moves slightly in reverse and towards the 5 and 6-balls. I would use a slower speed (a little harder than the pocket speed needed to cleanly bank the 14-ball across corner) when banking the 14-ball off my opponent's long rail into the very bottom of the stack (as in glancing off the very bottom of the stack). Finally and most importantly, I would control the cue ball to stop as close to the gap between the 5 and 6-balls.
to my eye to snuggle the cue ball where you want to the 14 will come back and run into the 5/6/cue ball
to bank the 14 ball to the bottom of the stack it would really have to turn with the english you apply
john you play way better than me so i have to defer to your expertise to say the shot is on

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I am staying away from the 14, for I do not want to potentially leave any kind of shot to my opponent's hole.
I am going to play the 2 ball into either the eight or the 3 preferably, which ever is available, and live with the cb behind the stack.
Whitey

OldSchool

Verified Member
I F****** hope not!

Get 'The Ghost' back here!

Yeah, ditto that. The Ghost put up the best wwyd's. He always made it a point to put up interesting, uncommon situations, where there would be several viable shot options available, both offensive and defensive. And, he put up a new one for us every week.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I saw where Scott making that foul got 170 plus comments on Facebook. I had put it up over here prior to the facebook posting, and nobody gave a fukk about it, except I think one comment from Whitey, agreeing wi me

Reactions: lll

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
to my eye to snuggle the cue ball where you want to the 14 will come back and run into the 5/6/cue ball
to bank the 14 ball to the bottom of the stack it would really have to turn with the english you apply
john you play way better than me so i have to defer to your expertise to say the shot is on
The shot I proposed is based on my view of how the balls appear in the photo. Additionally, there are several variables that would be taken into consideration in the execution of the proposed shot including speed of the cloth, how the object ball spins off the rail, and the cleanliness (for lack of a better word) of the cue ball and object ball.

Reactions: lll

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I would look at the 3 railing the cb trying to lay it on the short rail right behind the 12 making it difficult for my opponent to put me right back where I am now. Another shot to consider is banking the 14 into the 12 and taking the 3 cb around 3 rails. It is a very aggressive move that looks to be pretty natural.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Glad you typed it, that's exactly what I saw...