not sure iwould have hit the 3 railer but it was well executed

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
speed control is only learned ny table time
not sure iwould have hit the 3 railer but it was well executed
Thanks for replying, your are the only one. This is of course the match that Cincy put up, and the back and forth of the commentators is excellent. Frost is instructional commentating, of which he is in top form on this match.
But the bank is unique, for it is how to take care of a ball that is lying in the 'Dead Zone'. The rails reacted really well and Alex almost made. But in doing this he is able to hold the cb.
I really enjoy this, especially the comment by Frost as to how the 5 x 10 effects their game. I see shots missed, and speed control off, as Frost alludes to.
thanks again! Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thanks for replying, your are the only one. This is of course the match that Cincy put up, and the back and forth of the commentators is excellent. Frost is instructional commentating, of which he is in top form on this match.
But the bank is unique, for it is how to take care of a ball that is lying in the 'Dead Zone'. The rails reacted really well and Alex almost made. But in doing this he is able to hold the cb.
I really enjoy this, especially the comment by Frost as to how the 5 x 10 effects their game. I see shots missed, and speed control off, as Frost alludes to.
thanks again! Whitey
whitey
think about that for each situation the pro has hit thousands of those type of angles and distance and has the muscle memory on a 9 foot table
now that same angle and position zone is one foot longer
now its pure feel with little muscle memory
thats why they are off alittle
jmho
icbw

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
whitey
think about that for each situation the pro has hit thousands of those type of angles and distance and has the muscle memory on a 9 foot table
now that same angle and position zone is one foot longer
now its pure feel with little muscle memory
thats why they are off alittle
jmho
icbw
Yes, as Frost alluded to, and that is in '13. It was reversed for me, going from a 5 x 10 to a 9'. So now looking back on it, I just have to wonder how much it effected me.
Now in 2020 the players are somewhat more accustomed to the bigger table. In Earl playing Shane in their first challenge matchup on a 5 x 10, is was almost comical for me to watch, for they would not even go for open shots that were tougher, and I believe in all those games they played there was only 2 long rail banks attempted.
But our hats are off to Earl for his insight, and look now the players play quite well on the 5 x 10. Whitey

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
It has been my impression that back in the 30's, 40's and into the 50's that a 5X10 was very common in pool halls around the country.
Is this mistaken?
The first 5X10 I ever saw, and only one I've ever played on was 20 years ago at the 211 Club in Seattle. In comparison to a 4 1/2X9 it seemed absolutely huge.
The 211 club had a few of them.
The 211 club was a great pool-hall. Wish I'd been able to get to it regularly.

unoperro

Verified Member
I remember the first time I saw this video I was so impressed with this bank that I had to try it.

I believe it works better on the 10' table as the english is able to release due to a longer path. Of course according to some I dont know anything🙂

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

After watching the Bank and reading the comments, I watched again and sure 'nuff, Alex's shot came
out that had it been a 9 footer it would have dropped. Hit the bottom rail where the pocket "shoulda"
been.

hank

Kybanks

Verified Member
He made sure the ball held on the 2nd rail so it would release on the 3rd rail. Very knowledgeable bank!

Kybanks

Verified Member
any tips on getting the ball to "release"?

Well Larry, I wish I had an exact explanation for ya. Table conditions really have a lot to do with the release of the ball off the 2nd rail.