A tribute to Sidespin Jim Dougherty

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Unless you have been to Earl's Place in Flint, MI, you can be forgiven for not knowing Jim. He did not travel save to go home to his beloved Tennessee annually to visit family. He was as passionate about One Pocket as anyone on this forum and would share his considerable knowledge with anyone interested enough to spend the time to learn. He was the kind of guy who you really never knew how strong he was because he didn't gamble much and found as much joy in leaving you a shot where you might learn from trying to run out from there as he did winning himself. He was the very definition of altruistic and egoless. He loved one thing more than One Pocket--his family. He died in his sleep Tuesday night of complications from Bladder Cancer. I loved him.

JAM

Verified Member
petie said:
Unless you have been to Earl's Place in Flint, MI, you can be forgiven for not knowing Jim. He did not travel save to go home to his beloved Tennessee annually to visit family. He was as passionate about One Pocket as anyone on this forum and would share his considerable knowledge with anyone interested enough to spend the time to learn. He was the kind of guy who you really never knew how strong he was because he didn't gamble much and found as much joy in leaving you a shot where you might learn from trying to run out from there as he did winning himself. He was the very definition of altruistic and egoless. He loved one thing more than One Pocket--his family. He died in his sleep Tuesday night of complications from Bladder Cancer. I loved him.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Petie. God bless you and his family. May he rest in peace.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Petie.. Your feelings come through very strongly in your words ..I'm sorry for your loss
Mark

RedCard

Verified Member
Rest Easy

Rest Easy

Excellent eulogy Petie. I'd say he was lucky to have you for a friend.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Thank you all for your support. Funeral today followed by a wake at Earl's Place where Jim and I spent countless hours on the white gold crown with real tight pockets playing the finest cue game on earth.