8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

keoneyo

Verified Member
When I had a small room -- no bar or restaurant -- tournaments were an expense for me (table time and perks for the participants) without adding money. Granted, there is some promotional value, but in my experience it was minimal.

So, IMO, for added money to make sense for the room owner, he needs to have a bar, a restaurant, and plenty of room for spectators.

As to matching up and just gambling for the cash, I think lots of players would like to put up money with several others to play a tournament format, if someone would organize it for them.

Tournaments that are not specifically organized to have an elite-player-only field will have about half the field putting up entry fees by "can't win" players... that should make it juicy enough for the other half.

I'm confused by the idea that room owners "owe" the players more than the time and resources for promoting/organizing and the free table time to play it.

Arent room owners running the risk of losing their business and liquor license under vice and gambling laws if big games happen on their premises? I am not familiar with rural and suburban areas but Ive seen rooms in Los Angeles get raided by vice squads for excessive gambling.
Big $ tournaments seem to be able to get around this issue. The room owner can provide a safe and legitimate arena. More pool fans can get access. Agreements to stream the match is more logical. The room owner already makes a great contribution.
Thanks Ray.

8andout

Verified Member
Shot clock ?

Shot clock ?

Now that Corey has replaced Richie, i have to ask, is there going to be a shot clock?

backplaying

Verified Member
Wrong on both counts. What's wrong with getting staked. Nothing as long as the amount is big enough.

Why cut out the stakehorse/superfan??? The bigger entry fees are a win win for everyone. The stakehorses get to take a shot at some decent money with their horse and the horses get to run. win. We get great matches to sweat and learn from. win. The pool rooms have lots of fans coming in to sweat the big action. win. The sponsors get a chance to be involved with top action. win.

What's not to like?? How about an open event on the side for cheap entry?? Done.

All we need is more added money. It's coming too.

These big entry events are very exciting and have generated a lot of interest.

They will keep happening. There's more action for top players than there has been in a while. We need to keep looking for ways to create opportunities for the top guys.

Ray

I think someone might just be on to something here!

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Passes are on sale now!!

Attachments

• Flyer.jpg
    Flyer.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Button Promo.jpg
    Button Promo.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • How to Watch.jpg
    How to Watch.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
One Pocket Event

One Pocket Event

I just purchased the event pass, but the dates are wrong. Please let me know of the schedule for the event pass. Thanks, FastEddieF.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I just purchased the event pass, but the dates are wrong. Please let me know of the schedule for the event pass. Thanks, FastEddieF.

What do you mean the dates are wrong?

Please email helpdeskpatv@gmail.com asap

Auction is tonight. We have some high level practice going on now.

Auction is only available with Event pass.

Thanks,

Ray

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

Nice. Bought the package.

8andout

Verified Member
i'm not getting the one pocket live feed. anyone else having trouble?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Scott misses tough cut on game ball. Sick runout by Efren to get six and out.

2-1 Scott.

Lou Figueroa