7-Ball - Long Side - Banks!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
7-Ball - Long Side - Banks

The Game: is played with 7 all legal object balls w/ the winner scoring 4 balls. The opponents or teams have opposite long sides of the table to pocket bank their scored balls.
Lag: the winner of the lag has the option to break.
The Rack: the opponent racks a standard 7-ball rack by hand or with a standard rack. The breaker can inspect the rack, and can ask for a re-rack.
The Break: is a head ball break requiring a ball to be pocketed, or two balls must pass the table’s center line. Requirement not met; then the incoming player either accepts the table as is, or breaks. Winner of the game breaks the next rack.
Long-Side Selection: is determined and marked by the player that first scores a bank.
Only balls legally banked into a shooter’s scoring pocket will be scored, all other balls pocketed in any pocket at any time, or jumped off of the table will be held for spotting at the end of the inning.
Rail Count, Alternative: it is played the same, except it is a successive game format that banks all 7 balls each game, but scores the rails used to bank and not the number of banks.The players play to a predetermined number of total scored rails to win a set or a match.
Note: standard bank rules apply, except when game rules supersede.

* Enjoy this unique game of banks *

created by;
Dennis 'Whitey' Young

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uqWQjpvKDuzeWZfH7 this is how I rack a 7-ball rack. The 5 ball is on the foot spot w/ two balls spotted behind it on the long string, with the other balls filled in.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
With only one long side of the table to pocket bank your balls it then makes for a challenging game that naturally promotes multiple rail banks. I have found that it opens up banks, for there are times you can feel free to do a bank, for it either does not leave a bank for the opponent or leaves a difficult multi rail return bank.
What I have found that was very unexpectedly surprising is just how much action there is on the break. Balls go flying and yes they also go flying in the pocket. It is a very exciting break!

I want to thank Steve for his helpful input into this game rule writing!
Whitey

Last edited:

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Withey, Howdy;

Looks like it would even fit on a Bar Box with some elbow room as well.
Gonna have to give it a try when I can.
Thanks;

hank

Reactions: lll