5x10 vs 4.5 x 9

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
since i did not play very often on a 5x10 could some of you who did ,explain the differences of playing on one table vs the other.
the obvious difference is the length so leaving the q on the end rail makes those long shots tougher.
but here is what is not clear to me.
if someone would be a favorite on the 5x10 why wouldnt they be the favorite on the smaller 4.5x9?
for example artie made a point of beards prowess on the 5x10 implying he was stronger on that size table.maybe i misinterpreted his comments.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
since i did not play very often on a 5x10 could some of you who did ,explain the differences of playing on one table vs the other.
the obvious difference is the length so leaving the q on the end rail makes those long shots tougher.
but here is what is not clear to me.
if someone would be a favorite on the 5x10 why wouldnt they be the favorite on the smaller 4.5x9?
for example artie made a point of beards prowess on the 5x10 implying he was stronger on that size table.maybe i misinterpreted his comments.
On a 5 by10 it favoers the smarter player. Because his shots are all longer and tougher. And a 5 by 10 will wair a player out quicker. And the length off every shot will wair him domw. And thje moves become stronger and more powerfull as the game goes on. I loved playing Bugs and great shooters on a 5 by ten. And the shots and game is different. And If I would play a stranger on a 5 by 10 I could tell right away if he was a 5 by ten player. By the shots he shot. And I played on 5 by 10 tables every day. And that also makes a big difference. When I was playing close to my top one pocket game. I couldnt get nobody to play me on a 5 by 10. And Bugs wouldnt even play on a 5 by 10 any more. And when Cannon ball Lefty and Clem played the played on 5 by 10 tables. But thier is a big difference. Imagine always playing on a barr table and then going on a 5 by ten it would be like night and day. And Poney played his best game on a 5 by 10. And when I played Jersy Red he did not want too play on a 5 by 10. And players like Ceciel Danny Jones Dalles West Steve Naggy and other players wopuld not play on a 5 by ten. And when Freddy and Phil got thier club North Shore. I couldnt get no more games on a 5 by 10. And the last great player that I seen play on a 5 by 10 at North shore was Billy Incardona. And Billy could shoot. But the game is way different and so are the moves. And on a 4 and a half by nine the moves are stronger and itts harder to get out off a trap and you can trap a oponent better on a 4 and a half by nine Then a 5 by ten. And the moves mean more because its easier to run 8 and out. And one more thing. You would think that the better shooter has the edge on a 5 by 10. But it does not work out that way because the smarter player will not shoot the toughest shote. And when the smarter playr starts out wit shooting a short shot. And the better shooter starts out shooting hard shots the smarter plater will win. And the longer the game and the toigher te table the worse it is for the better sooter. Becuse weather people want to belive it or not. His shooting will go down. And by shooting poor percenyage shots on a 5 by 10 to great players. The smarter and better percentage player will win. But its not just the length off the table that makes it harder. The shots on a 5 by 10 are different then a 4 and a half by nine. But the 4 and a half by nine will also help the smarter player because butting your opponent in a trap is harder to get out off. And te less room the less you can do. Mexican Johnny played great on a 5 by ten. And so did Clem and Lefty. And as far as nine ball on a 5 by ten Canadian pet could have beaten any player. Because he realy was the best shooter in Bensingers. Five by ten tables were a big trap if people never played on them. And Freddy play real good on a five by ten. I think e played better on a 5 by 10 then a 4 and a half by nine. But as time went on it all; changed and nobody played on 5 by tens no more. And pool owners didnt even have ardley any 5 by ten pool tables. Because the too up so much space. Cornbread red and Detrite Whity also played real good on a 5 by ten. Because a lot off the old players learned to play on 5 by tens. And the difference between a 5 by 10 and a four and a half by nine. Is the difference in the length off te shots. And thier are different moves on the different size table. Its like a 6 by 12 snooker table or a 5 by 10 snooker table. Again its like night and day. But it all depends were you grew up and what you learned to play on. And if you love pool You play on whatever is avalable. And if you enjoy pool you will be happy just tpo play on any sizr able. But people who are just learning and are bigginers they are better off playing on a smaller table. So they dont get discouraged because they cant make a ball. And big pockets are als good for people who are not real good pool players. But love to play. But te 5 by 10 pool tables have joined the dinasores. And they are in the history books. But they had thier time and place. Jut like Joey Pracita with his high run in straight pool on a 5 by 10 pool table. And the great Ralp Greenleaf and others. Time changes everything. And the more time goes by the less we will be remembered. So it only realy counts wat we do today. And it realy only means someting to us. Wat we do today with our time. Te great thing is that compoutor and the teckknowlege will help history to remember more when we are gone. And the people who played and what they did in our time. And hopefully we can make it a better world for the future generation. I can honestly say the world needs big help. Not just our country. And to be honest its not just about America its about everyone and the wole world. Because people are people. And I am very sorry to say I do not see a come back for the world and its crises. Te only salvation that I see for te future is another planit. Because the more people the less jobs and the better the teckknolage the less jobs. Becuse they wont need people to do the work. And everything is makeing progress but the people. And te tecknowlege will keep gtting better. Because its more money and less people too pay for big busniess. And They talk about people oprning small busness tat all sounds fine. But how can it work if the big buisness will swallow up all the buisnes. Because bigger volume and better prices. A small buisness has no chance it will get swallowed up. Its like a week pool player playing a champion what chance does he have. And with no buisness the small busness will ave to close up. And thats wat has been going on the gig stores have but the little stord out off buisness because they cannot comepet against these big corparations. bUt People can say what they want. And time wiil show what the future brings. As I see it thier is nothing that can bring the Econamy back. Because the population keeps groweing. And all we can do is live day to day. And the countries have to work together if the want to save the world. And not waite fot te ctises to dhow up. What happens when thier are too meny animals off one kind. Thier is only a few answers get ride off some off the animals. Or find a bigger place for tem were they can all live. And the great smart people in the world ave to get together and figure it out . What to do when that time comes. Becuse it will come and it will be ugly. I hope the find some other planets. And that will help mamkind to keep going. ITs not about us most off us have lived our life and are just holding on for te finish line. But what about our children and Grand children. And If te world does not work together then the resulte will be a catastafie. I apolagize for getting off the subject off 5 by 19s. And four and a half by nines. But this has been on my mind and I feel very strongly about what will happen. I hope I explained the difference about 5 by 10. and 4 and a half by 9. And I probable wrote to much. Like every time I get invollved Its like wrighting a book. But iys time to give myself a time out. Have a great day.

Artie Bodendorfer said:
On a 5 by10 it favoers the smarter player. Because his shots are all longer and tougher. And a 5 by 10 will wair a player out quicker. And the length off every shot will wair him domw. And thje moves become stronger and more powerfull as the game goes on. I loved playing Bugs and great shooters on a 5 by ten. And the shots and game is different. And If I would play a stranger on a 5 by 10 I could tell right away if he was a 5 by ten player. By the shots he shot. And I played on 5 by 10 tables every day. And that also makes a big difference. When I was playing close to my top one pocket game. I couldnt get nobody to play me on a 5 by 10. And Bugs wouldnt even play on a 5 by 10 any more. And when Cannon ball Lefty and Clem played the played on 5 by 10 tables. But thier is a big difference. Imagine always playing on a barr table and then going on a 5 by ten it would be like night and day. And Poney played his best game on a 5 by 10. And when I played Jersy Red he did not want too play on a 5 by 10. And players like Ceciel Danny Jones Dalles West Steve Naggy and other players wopuld not play on a 5 by ten. And when Freddy and Phil got thier club North Shore. I couldnt get no more games on a 5 by 10. And the last great player that I seen play on a 5 by 10 at North shore was Billy Incardona. And Billy could shoot. But the game is way different and so are the moves. And on a 4 and a half by nine the moves are stronger and itts harder to get out off a trap and you can trap a oponent better on a 4 and a half by nine Then a 5 by ten. And the moves mean more because its easier to run 8 and out. And one more thing. You would think that the better shooter has the edge on a 5 by 10. But it does not work out that way because the smarter player will not shoot the toughest shote. And when the smarter playr starts out wit shooting a short shot. And the better shooter starts out shooting hard shots the smarter plater will win. And the longer the game and the toigher te table the worse it is for the better sooter. Becuse weather people want to belive it or not. His shooting will go down. And by shooting poor percenyage shots on a 5 by 10 to great players. The smarter and better percentage player will win. But its not just the length off the table that makes it harder. The shots on a 5 by 10 are different then a 4 and a half by nine. But the 4 and a half by nine will also help the smarter player because butting your opponent in a trap is harder to get out off. And te less room the less you can do. Mexican Johnny played great on a 5 by ten. And so did Clem and Lefty. And as far as nine ball on a 5 by ten Canadian pet could have beaten any player. Because he realy was the best shooter in Bensingers. Five by ten tables were a big trap if people never played on them. And Freddy play real good on a five by ten. I think e played better on a 5 by 10 then a 4 and a half by nine. But as time went on it all; changed and nobody played on 5 by tens no more. And pool owners didnt even have ardley any 5 by ten pool tables. Because the too up so much space. Cornbread red and Detrite Whity also played real good on a 5 by ten. Because a lot off the old players learned to play on 5 by tens. And the difference between a 5 by 10 and a four and a half by nine. Is the difference in the length off te shots. And thier are different moves on the different size table. Its like a 6 by 12 snooker table or a 5 by 10 snooker table. Again its like night and day. But it all depends were you grew up and what you learned to play on. And if you love pool You play on whatever is avalable. And if you enjoy pool you will be happy just tpo play on any sizr able. But people who are just learning and are bigginers they are better off playing on a smaller table. So they dont get discouraged because they cant make a ball. And big pockets are als good for people who are not real good pool players. But love to play. But te 5 by 10 pool tables have joined the dinasores. And they are in the history books. But they had thier time and place. Jut like Joey Pracita with his high run in straight pool on a 5 by 10 pool table. And the great Ralp Greenleaf and others. Time changes everything. And the more time goes by the less we will be remembered. So it only realy counts wat we do today. And it realy only means someting to us. Wat we do today with our time. Te great thing is that compoutor and the teckknowlege will help history to remember more when we are gone. And the people who played and what they did in our time. And hopefully we can make it a better world for the future generation. I can honestly say the world needs big help. Not just our country. And to be honest its not just about America its about everyone and the wole world. Because people are people. And I am very sorry to say I do not see a come back for the world and its crises. Te only salvation that I see for te future is another planit. Because the more people the less jobs and the better the teckknolage the less jobs. Becuse they wont need people to do the work. And everything is makeing progress but the people. And te tecknowlege will keep gtting better. Because its more money and less people too pay for big busniess. And They talk about people oprning small busness tat all sounds fine. But how can it work if the big buisness will swallow up all the buisnes. Because bigger volume and better prices. A small buisness has no chance it will get swallowed up. Its like a week pool player playing a champion what chance does he have. And with no buisness the small busness will ave to close up. And thats wat has been going on the gig stores have but the little stord out off buisness because they cannot comepet against these big corparations. bUt People can say what they want. And time wiil show what the future brings. As I see it thier is nothing that can bring the Econamy back. Because the population keeps groweing. And all we can do is live day to day. And the countries have to work together if the want to save the world. And not waite fot te ctises to dhow up. What happens when thier are too meny animals off one kind. Thier is only a few answers get ride off some off the animals. Or find a bigger place for tem were they can all live. And the great smart people in the world ave to get together and figure it out . What to do when that time comes. Becuse it will come and it will be ugly. I hope the find some other planets. And that will help mamkind to keep going. ITs not about us most off us have lived our life and are just holding on for te finish line. But what about our children and Grand children. And If te world does not work together then the resulte will be a catastafie. I apolagize for getting off the subject off 5 by 19s. And four and a half by nines. But this has been on my mind and I feel very strongly about what will happen. I hope I explained the difference about 5 by 10. and 4 and a half by 9. And I probable wrote to much. Like every time I get invollved Its like wrighting a book. But iys time to give myself a time out. Have a great day.

Artie, I respect you for your pool knowledge and wisdom (especially since you play mistake-free), but could you please look up the word "succinct" in the dictionary?

Clare

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
There! Is that clear, Larry?
of course:)
artie just needs to learn to hit the enter key every once in a while to make some paragraphs.:eek: (just sayin)
artie are you listening???
greg can help you at the dcc.
it will make your posts easier to read (double:eek: )

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Artie, I'm sure you know what you're talking about but when I looked at your post with that giant paragraph, I got dizzy. I read one line and lost my place on the next line.

I don't mind the spelling but put some spaces in now and then. I just couldn't get through it all. I don't think it's just me. I like your comments and thoughts and I look forward to reading your posts because you have very much to offer. thanks

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
First, people are gonna stop arguments. :) Now they're gonna teach Artie to post in English.;) What's next ? Can we stop the Ghost from being a jokester.
Rod.

Attachments

• silence is golden.jpg
    silence is golden.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
They are bigger.

RBL

How could we expect more...from the "Pride of Hamtramck"...:cool:

PS..He could be tired...He's just done 37 "12's" in a row...(whatever that means ???)...:p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
First, people are gonna stop arguments. :) Now they're gonna teach Artie to post in English.;) What's next ? Can we stop the Ghost from being a jokester.Rod.

A guy walks into a bar in Texas and asks the bartender > "Excuse me, but by any chance do you know a guy from around here named Rodney? - kind of a homely looking guy, plays a lot of pool, and he's on the phone a lot"....and the bartender says to him...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
How could we expect more...from the "Pride of Hamtramck"...:cool:

PS..He could be tired...He's just done 37 "12's" in a row...(whatever that means ???)...:p
At least I did not use 2639 words to say absolutely f@@king nothing. Claire requested "succinct".

P.S. 12's are Miller Lites:) . Only three more to go.

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Maybe you had to be there..but...

Maybe you had to be there..but...

Cowboy Dennis said:
At least I did not use 2639 words to say absolutely f@@king nothing. Claire requested "succinct".

P.S. 12's are Miller Lites:) . Only three more to go.

RBL

Dear Brick Breath,

Allow me to regale you, and Ghrossper, with a short story...It is "NPR", but I trust you will find it amusing. It happened some 6-8 years ago. (before I joined AA.:p)

I have a good friend, named Mike... Mike is a 6' 4", 300 lb. fireman, even bigger than Tres Kane, (who is also a fireman)...Kathy and I, and his wife, often socialized... You may not believe this, but, one night I got totally s**t-face at our local watering hole, and he determined I needed a ride home. (you don't argue with Mikey)

It was about 2AM when we arrived at my house...whereupon I gracefully fell directly out of his car, and into the hedge, and badly skinned up my knees on some rocks,...So Mikey "hand carried" me to the door...Of course I had left my keys at the bar, so I had to wake up poor Kathy, to get in... She had to be to work at 6AM, so naturally, she was somewhat less than thrilled with me...I can only imagine what I looked like...bloody knees, and all.

However, sweetie that she was, she just smiled, and thanked Mike for bringing me home...As I was stumbling into the hallway, over the sound of the barking dogs...I heard Mike say..."Kath, can I just hang around a while, and listen to you chew his raggedy ass out" ?

What are friends for ???:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Clare said:
Artie, I respect you for your pool knowledge and wisdom (especially since you play mistake-free), but could you please look up the word "succinct" in the dictionary?

Clare
Its not just one word. How do you think I feel I cant read it either. And I was always the first one too site down in a spelling contest. What I need is a computor I can just talk into like a walkie talkie. But If some one wants to change te spelling I have no objections. And the things I say about the 5 by 10 pool tables and te players are true. I bet I wouldnt have no problem makeing a game in a spelling contest. I know I could get a big spot.LIke 8 mistakes in a paragraph. Im glade I dont make my living spelling. Or I would starve to death. I think spelling to most people is important. I enjoyed spelling words wrong because ir seems you always get a reaction from the same people. And If I dpeel horrable. And the spell great then the are supperior over me in spelling. Excepte the bottom line is nobody realy cares . And the important thing is not the spelling. But what is said. Did you ever see how doctores wright. its worse then my spelling. And thats pretty bad. BUt I can say one thing my poor spelling if you want to read it. Will get you too put more evorite into reading it . If you are trying too figure out what it says. But like I said anyone can change the spelling. Or use spell check. And I have a excuess I was born in Poland in 1944 when the bombs were falling. And to be honest. I never liked spelling. And when people critiziez my spelling. I tell them be happy that you can spell. And dont worry about who can and who cant spell. Its like pool you dont care who can play pool or who cant play pool. And if you dont like what some one wrights or how they spell you do not have to read it. And that will solve your problem. And just worrt about want you do. Because nobody can control another person. People do what they want. And its thier life and whatever the do wit it beongs too them. Just like when I use to play. People didnt like the way I played. And some off tem didnt have no patience and left. Some times the backers would give me the money and just leave. Because I didnt play the way they wanted me too play. And to some people it was Tourture. But too the people who seen what I was doing you couldnt have put a gun two them too leave. Because most people all play the same style. And the public loves all that flash shooting and having the cueball dance all over. And out off some off the old time players. Clem and Cannon ball played a suffacating game off one pocket. THats why they changed a lot off rules in pool. to speed up the game. And take the defense out off te game. BUt a great definsive player is awsome to watch. Like sandy Kofax. Releaf pitcher Rivera for te yankes. Bruce Sutter. Dick Butkis. Merlin Olsen Bill Russel and meny more. But Defense has been taken out off pool . And especialy Three coushion Billiards. And they want you too shoot up in te air playing nine ball no more roll out. Bank pool short racks and no more defense. Does any one ever wonder why women dont play one pocket or banks? And even eight ball they made a joke out off the rules. But its either to make TV happy. or make the game faster. Why would you want too cange the rules off eight ball to make TV happy . THey are not paying you anything. And the people who change the rules are usualy te people who dont no or couldnt play. Rhey even changed the rules in sports. But thats rhey way it is. Just like its usually the people who couldnt play who wright the books. Why is that? Pool is a great game and the better you understand it the more you will want to learn and play. And if you are not learning . You are not growing. And what people learn is by coping and memorizing what other people say or wrote. Thats all school is memorizing whats in the books. And copying what some one else wrote. And if you are good at memorizing you will be great at math and English events and history. And some people memorize and record everything and they remember it. Even times places and dates. But I never cared to do that when I seen that was what they were teaching everyone in school. And wanted everyone too learn the same thing. Will I guess the best copiers were the smardest people. Because tey memorized all the facts details and every little thing about the subject. JUst like some people go over board in pool with fundamentals and stance and stroke. And never learn how to play the game. And most off the things we learn in school we never use. And with time it will get worse and the educated people wont even be able to get a job. Were the person wit a trade will always find work. Because they will allways be needed. But the computors will take over the jobs off the most educated people. Buy thats what te future will be. But thanks for telling me about my spelling. I have herd it since I went too school. And if you dont like doing something. Would you do it?

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Its not just one word. How do you think I feel I cant read it either. And I was always the first one too site down in a spelling contest. What I need is a computor I can just talk into like a walkie talkie. But If some one wants to change te spelling I have no objections. And the things I say about the 5 by 10 pool tables and te players are true. I bet I wouldnt have no problem makeing a game in a spelling contest. I know I could get a big spot.LIke 8 mistakes in a paragraph. Im glade I dont make my living spelling. Or I would starve to death. I think spelling to most people is important. I enjoyed spelling words wrong because ir seems you always get a reaction from the same people. And If I dpeel horrable. And the spell great then the are supperior over me in spelling. Excepte the bottom line is nobody realy cares . And the important thing is not the spelling. But what is said. Did you ever see how doctores wright. its worse then my spelling. And thats pretty bad. BUt I can say one thing my poor spelling if you want to read it. Will get you too put more evorite into reading it . If you are trying too figure out what it says. But like I said anyone can change the spelling. Or use spell check. And I have a excuess I was born in Poland in 1944 when the bombs were falling. And to be honest. I never liked spelling. And when people critiziez my spelling. I tell them be happy that you can spell. And dont worry about who can and who cant spell. Its like pool you dont care who can play pool or who cant play pool. And if you dont like what some one wrights or how they spell you do not have to read it. And that will solve your problem. And just worrt about want you do. Because nobody can control another person. People do what they want. And its thier life and whatever the do wit it beongs too them. Just like when I use to play. People didnt like the way I played. And some off tem didnt have no patience and left. Some times the backers would give me the money and just leave. Because I didnt play the way they wanted me too play. And to some people it was Tourture. But too the people who seen what I was doing you couldnt have put a gun two them too leave. Because most people all play the same style. And the public loves all that flash shooting and having the cueball dance all over. And out off some off the old time players. Clem and Cannon ball played a suffacating game off one pocket. THats why they changed a lot off rules in pool. to speed up the game. And take the defense out off te game. BUt a great definsive player is awsome to watch. Like sandy Kofax. Releaf pitcher Rivera for te yankes. Bruce Sutter. Dick Butkis. Merlin Olsen Bill Russel and meny more. But Defense has been taken out off pool . And especialy Three coushion Billiards. And they want you too shoot up in te air playing nine ball no more roll out. Bank pool short racks and no more defense. Does any one ever wonder why women dont play one pocket or banks? And even eight ball they made a joke out off the rules. But its either to make TV happy. or make the game faster. Why would you want too cange the rules off eight ball to make TV happy . THey are not paying you anything. And the people who change the rules are usualy te people who dont no or couldnt play. Rhey even changed the rules in sports. But thats rhey way it is. Just like its usually the people who couldnt play who wright the books. Why is that? Pool is a great game and the better you understand it the more you will want to learn and play. And if you are not learning . You are not growing. And what people learn is by coping and memorizing what other people say or wrote. Thats all school is memorizing whats in the books. And copying what some one else wrote. And if you are good at memorizing you will be great at math and English events and history. And some people memorize and record everything and they remember it. Even times places and dates. But I never cared to do that when I seen that was what they were teaching everyone in school. And wanted everyone too learn the same thing. Will I guess the best copiers were the smardest people. Because tey memorized all the facts details and every little thing about the subject. JUst like some people go over board in pool with fundamentals and stance and stroke. And never learn how to play the game. And most off the things we learn in school we never use. And with time it will get worse and the educated people wont even be able to get a job. Were the person wit a trade will always find work. Because they will allways be needed. But the computors will take over the jobs off the most educated people. Buy thats what te future will be. But thanks for telling me about my spelling. I have herd it since I went too school. And if you dont like doing something. Would you do it?

Artie, I was not commenting on your spelling. I simply asked you to look up the word "succinct".

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Artie,

No one really cares how good you spell or not, they just want you to hit that ENTER key twice each time, on your keyboard every now and then. It puts a blank line in between the mass of words your typing. When you try and read a huge pile of words all ran together, you lose which sentence you're on and you get lost. People want to read what you write and they can get the gist of what you're saying, but you HAVE to hit that ENTER button twice each time, every now and then:D Try reading what you wrote above and try reading it in the next post below, where I hit the ENTER key several times. Which is easier for you to read?
keyboard.jpg

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie.... this is what you're post looks like when I hit the ENTER key twice at a time..... every few sentences or so. You have to admit, it's easier to read, right?

Artie said:
On a 5 by10 it favoers the smarter player. Because his shots are all longer and tougher. And a 5 by 10 will wair a player out quicker. And the length off every shot will wair him domw. And thje moves become stronger and more powerfull as the game goes on. I loved playing Bugs and great shooters on a 5 by ten. And the shots and game is different. And If I would play a stranger on a 5 by 10 I could tell right away if he was a 5 by ten player. By the shots he shot. And I played on 5 by 10 tables every day. And that also makes a big difference. When I was playing close to my top one pocket game. I couldnt get nobody to play me on a 5 by 10. And Bugs wouldnt even play on a 5 by 10 any more.

And when Cannon ball Lefty and Clem played the played on 5 by 10 tables. But thier is a big difference. Imagine always playing on a barr table and then going on a 5 by ten it would be like night and day. And Poney played his best game on a 5 by 10. And when I played Jersy Red he did not want too play on a 5 by 10. And players like Ceciel Danny Jones Dalles West Steve Naggy and other players wopuld not play on a 5 by ten. And when Freddy and Phil got thier club North Shore. I couldnt get no more games on a 5 by 10.

And the last great player that I seen play on a 5 by 10 at North shore was Billy Incardona. And Billy could shoot. But the game is way different and so are the moves. And on a 4 and a half by nine the moves are stronger and itts harder to get out off a trap and you can trap a oponent better on a 4 and a half by nine Then a 5 by ten. And the moves mean more because its easier to run 8 and out. And one more thing. You would think that the better shooter has the edge on a 5 by 10. But it does not work out that way because the smarter player will not shoot the toughest shote.

And when the smarter playr starts out wit shooting a short shot. And the better shooter starts out shooting hard shots the smarter plater will win. And the longer the game and the toigher te table the worse it is for the better sooter. Becuse weather people want to belive it or not. His shooting will go down. And by shooting poor percenyage shots on a 5 by 10 to great players. The smarter and better percentage player will win. But its not just the length off the table that makes it harder. The shots on a 5 by 10 are different then a 4 and a half by nine.

But the 4 and a half by nine will also help the smarter player because butting your opponent in a trap is harder to get out off. And te less room the less you can do. Mexican Johnny played great on a 5 by ten. And so did Clem and Lefty. And as far as nine ball on a 5 by ten Canadian pet could have beaten any player. Because he realy was the best shooter in Bensingers. Five by ten tables were a big trap if people never played on them. And Freddy play real good on a five by ten. I think e played better on a 5 by 10 then a 4 and a half by nine. But as time went on it all; changed and nobody played on 5 by tens no more.

And pool owners didnt even have ardley any 5 by ten pool tables. Because the too up so much space. Cornbread red and Detrite Whity also played real good on a 5 by ten. Because a lot off the old players learned to play on 5 by tens. And the difference between a 5 by 10 and a four and a half by nine. Is the difference in the length off te shots. And thier are different moves on the different size table. Its like a 6 by 12 snooker table or a 5 by 10 snooker table. Again its like night and day.

But it all depends were you grew up and what you learned to play on. And if you love pool You play on whatever is avalable. And if you enjoy pool you will be happy just tpo play on any sizr able. But people who are just learning and are bigginers they are better off playing on a smaller table. So they dont get discouraged because they cant make a ball. And big pockets are als good for people who are not real good pool players. But love to play. But te 5 by 10 pool tables have joined the dinasores. And they are in the history books. But they had thier time and place.

Jut like Joey Pracita with his high run in straight pool on a 5 by 10 pool table. And the great Ralp Greenleaf and others. Time changes everything. And the more time goes by the less we will be remembered. So it only realy counts wat we do today. And it realy only means someting to us. Wat we do today with our time. Te great thing is that compoutor and the teckknowlege will help history to remember more when we are gone. And the people who played and what they did in our time.

And hopefully we can make it a better world for the future generation. I can honestly say the world needs big help. Not just our country. And to be honest its not just about America its about everyone and the wole world. Because people are people. And I am very sorry to say I do not see a come back for the world and its crises. Te only salvation that I see for te future is another planit. Because the more people the less jobs and the better the teckknolage the less jobs. Becuse they wont need people to do the work. And everything is makeing progress but the people.

And te tecknowlege will keep gtting better. Because its more money and less people too pay for big busniess. And They talk about people oprning small busness tat all sounds fine. But how can it work if the big buisness will swallow up all the buisnes. Because bigger volume and better prices. A small buisness has no chance it will get swallowed up. Its like a week pool player playing a champion what chance does he have.

And with no buisness the small busness will ave to close up. And thats wat has been going on the gig stores have but the little stord out off buisness because they cannot comepet against these big corparations. bUt People can say what they want. And time wiil show what the future brings. As I see it thier is nothing that can bring the Econamy back. Because the population keeps groweing. And all we can do is live day to day.

And the countries have to work together if the want to save the world. And not waite fot te ctises to dhow up. What happens when thier are too meny animals off one kind. Thier is only a few answers get ride off some off the animals. Or find a bigger place for tem were they can all live. And the great smart people in the world ave to get together and figure it out . What to do when that time comes.

Becuse it will come and it will be ugly. I hope the find some other planets. And that will help mamkind to keep going. ITs not about us most off us have lived our life and are just holding on for te finish line. But what about our children and Grand children. And If te world does not work together then the resulte will be a catastafie. I apolagize for getting off the subject off 5 by 19s. And four and a half by nines. But this has been on my mind and I feel very strongly about what will happen. I hope I explained the difference about 5 by 10. and 4 and a half by 9. And I probable wrote to much. Like every time I get invollved Its like wrighting a book. But iys time to give myself a time out. Have a great day

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed when i woke up this morning a returned to this thread i was planning to do exactly what you did.
take one of arties posts and make some paragraphs by hitting the enter key twice from time to time.
i could never have shown the photo and instructions like you did
so im glad you beat me to the punch:)
ARTIE TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT.
i know we will:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
A 5 by10 it favors the smarter player, because the shots he leaves are all longer and tougher. A 5 by 10 will wear a player out quicker; the length off every shot will wear him down and the moves become stronger and more powerful as the game goes on. I loved playing Bugs and great shooters on a 5 by ten.

Both the shots and the game are different. If I played a stranger on a 5 by 10, I could tell right away if he was a 5 by ten player by the shots he shot. I played on 5 by 10 tables every day, and that also makes a big difference. When I was playing close to my top one pocket game I couldn't get nobody to play me on a 5 by 10; Bugs wouldn't even play on a 5 by 10 any more.

When I played Jersey Red he did not want too play on a 5 by 10. And players like Cecil [Tugwell], Danny Jones, Dallas West, Steve Nagy and other players would not play on a 5 by ten. When Freddy and Phil got their club North Shore, I couldn't get no more games on a 5 by 10. The last great player that I saw play on a 5 by 10 at North Shore was Billy Incardona -- Billy could shoot.

When Cannonball Lefty and Clem played, they played on 5 by 10 tables. Poney also played his best game on the 5 by 10's.

There is a big difference between 4-1/2 by 9 and 5 by 10. Imagine always playing on a bar table and then going on a 4-1/2 by 9 -- it would be like night and day. The game is way different and so are the moves. On a 4-1/2 by 9 the traps are stronger and it's harder to get out of a trap; you can trap a opponent better on a 4 -1/2 by 9 than a 5 by 10. And the moves mean more, because its easier to run 8 and out. The difference between a 5 by 10 and a 4-1/2 by 9 is the difference in the length off the shots and the different moves on the different sized table. It's like a 6 by 12 snooker table or a 5 by 10 snooker table -- again it's like night and day.

You would think that the better shooter has the edge on a 5 by 10, but it does not work out that way against a smarter player, because the smarter player will not have to shoot the toughest shots. When the smarter player starts out with shooting a short shot and the better shooter starts out shooting hard shots, the smarter player will win. The longer the game and the tougher the table, the worse it becomes for the better shooter, because whether people want to believe it or not, his shooting will go down. By leaving poor percentage shots on a 5 by 10 to great shooters, the smarter and better percentage player will eventually win.

It's not just the length off the table that makes it harder -- the shots on a 5 by 10 are different then a 4-1/2 by 9. The 4-1/2 by 9 will also help the smarter player because butting your opponent in a trap is harder to get out off. And the less room to maneuver, the less you can do.

Mexican Johnny played great on a 5 by ten. And so did Clem and Lefty. And as far as nine ball on a 5 by 10, Canadian Pete could have beaten any player because he really was the best shooter in Bensingers. 5 by 10 tables were a big trap if people had never played on them. And Freddy played real good on a 5 by 10. I think he played better on a 5 by 10 then a 4-1/2 by 9. But as time went on it all changed and nobody played on 5 by 10's no more, and poolroom owners didn't even have hardly any 5 by 10 pool tables because they took up so much space.

Cornbread Red and Detroit Whitey also played real good on a 5 by 10. A lot off the old players learned to play on 5 by 10's -- it all depends were you grew up and what you learned to play on. And if you love pool, you play on whatever is available and will be happy just to play on any size table. But people who are just learning and are beginners are better off playing on a smaller table, so they don't get discouraged because they can't make a ball. Big pockets are also good for people who are not real good pool players but love to play. But the 5 by 10 pool tables have joined the dinosaurs; they are in the history books. But they had their time and place. Jut like Joey Procita, with his high run in straight pool on a 5 by 10 pool table. And the great Ralph Greenleaf and others. Time changes everything. And the more time goes by the less we will be remembered. .....
Thanks for chiming in Artie. I know you like to type and move along, so I took a few minutes to go back and do some editing for you to make what you wrote read a little easier. I hope I got it right and you don't mind. Looks like a few of us got a similar idea...