$3,000 Added 6th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament July 1-4th, 2021

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow. 7-1/2 hours. Could be a record at the Seniors'. Jerry Matchin and Ike Runnels had a very long match at an earlier Seniors' event, but I don't recall how long.
Despite that it seems like they are keeping the tournament moving. A number of matches last night started after what is considered usual senior bedtime 😆😆😆

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Good morning guys
I just woke up
I’ll give you a quick update because I’m running late I got to get to the room
First let me say Nic had a marathon 7 1/2 hour match against OnePocket Dave they started at 11 and didn’t finish till around 630
Nick then had to play me
He seemed a little tired missed a few balls and I managed to win the first two games
The third game I made mistakes and he won easily
The fourth game was a real battle Nick was getting dialed in
he was ahead
I battled back I was going for my last two balls and missed an easy shot thinking more about position than making the ball
chalk it up to a learning experience
Score now 2-2
Next two games Nick showed he was the better player and although I put up the best fight I could
He is better and deserve to win
Good match Nick good luck in the rest of the tournament
Now at 10 AM as luck would have it I play our old buddy Robert Newkirk😃
Once again wish me luck because I will need it 🙏
Sounds like retirement has agreed with your one pocket game...keep it up Larry.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well today was nothing like yesterday
I lost 3 to 0 to Robert
He played well did not give me many chances and I never could find my groove
So now I’m rooting for Steve to beat efren 👍

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Well today was nothing like yesterday
I lost 3 to 0 to Robert
He played well did not give me many chances and I never could find my groove
So now I’m rooting for Steve to beat efren 👍
If you get your groove back, will we need to call you Stella? 😂🤣

No disgrace losing to that monster, Newkirk. Looks like you had a good tourney and even more fun. I'm jealous.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Steve couldn't handle Reyes, but he did better than did a lot of guys who've played Efren.
Now, if he prevails over Guffey, he might get the chance to tangle with Varner..:cool:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Go Chicago Ike!

Yeah, he won 4-2 and will face Efren for the finals (hot seat). .. They're playing true double elim, so big match.. Tom will face the winner between the cue maker, Guffy or Mr. Davis sr...

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Yeah, he won 4-2 and will face Efren for the finals (hot seat). .. They're playing true double elim, so big match.. Tom will face the winner between the cue maker, Guffy or Mr. Davis sr...
Jimmy, is this John Guffy, cue maker from Tulsa? If so, I have a great story with him and making me a Carom cue.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Dave, I'm a little tired now, but, I'll write it up tomorrow. It transcends over 30 years.

Yes, tell us about that, Bill, .. He got knocked out a few minutes ago, by James Davis SR... So it's Tom Wirth facing Mr Davis, and Gabby vs. Wayne Catledge, and Ike and Efren in the hot seat match. Those are the six still alive.. Good luck

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Guffey knocked me out the prior match. He played solid! But Davis Sr won 3-0 however two of the games came down to the last ball so John gave him a fight!