2022 Top 10

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
if tony is not running out he has no chance of beating fedor.
fedor is learning as he goes he sees the moves put on him
but when he does it back to you the cue ball is alittle closer to the rail or the ball than you did it.
i know tony was not bearing down and filler was smoking but look how badly tony got beat in roys basement by filler
just sayin
Tony moves balls better than anyone in my opinion. He kicks better than anyone and his knowledge of the rails rivals the filipinos.
He is one of the best bankers in the world. Ball running is the "Weakest" part of his game, and that is still better than most. His shot making is terrific, but his patterns are slightly flawed to me. That match against Filler was a fluke in my opinion. Tony's biggest enemy is himself in a lot of ways. If he isn't playing great, he stops taking his time to look at the table and execute his shots. It's like he starts whacking at the balls instead.

Gorst is the best offensive one-pocket player, as is expected for a rotation player of his caliber. But in terms of how well he plays the game, I think his moving is average. He banks very well and I am impressed with him at such a young age. I predicted he would beat Chip and he did so handily. In a few years I don't think anyone will be able to beat him once he becomes more seasoned. But I'm talking about now, not years in the future...

Just one man's thoughts =)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
if tony is not running out he has no chance of beating fedor.
fedor is learning as he goes he sees the moves put on him
but when he does it back to you the cue ball is alittle closer to the rail or the ball than you did it.
i know tony was not bearing down and filler was smoking but look how badly tony got beat in roys basement by filler
just sayin
I don't consider the Roys Basement match worth much as it was only 5k..
Filler had been on that table for months practicing, It was also during the pandemic and Tony hadn't been playing.
Tony has a open challenge for Filler. We might see some fireworks around the US Open this fall when Filler is here a bunch

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I don't consider the Roys Basement match worth much as it was only 5k..
Filler had been on that table for months practicing, It was also during the pandemic and Tony hadn't been playing.
Tony has a open challenge for Filler. We might see some fireworks around the US Open this fall when Filler is here a bunch
that should be a great match
of course filler/gorst would get alot of viewers too

Maxwell

Verified Member
I agree about Tony's match with Filler being unrepresentative of this relationship. Tony has had an open challenge to Filler, to which Filler has not responded.
While in Sacramento recently Fedor said Tony wont play Fedor his best game where he is the favorite, ten ball, so he will not play Tony one pocket where Tony is the favorite. We'll see.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I agree about Tony's match with Filler being unrepresentative of this relationship. Tony has had an open challenge to Filler, to which Filler has not responded.
While in Sacramento recently Fedor said Tony wont play Fedor his best game where he is the favorite, ten ball, so he will not play Tony one pocket where Tony is the favorite. We'll see.
i think fedor who is younger will have the
"I will show you" attitude
and with alittle more seasoning and confidence will take tony on
jmho
icbw

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Fedor is already better than almost everyone. The only thing he lacks is imagination and creativity, which comes with seasoning. His ball running, cue ball and banking are elite. Tony won't be able to win in three months because he can't stay focused the whole time and he is not an elite ball runner. He's a genius at one pocket, but he doesn't have the practice habits to improve. He's in his phone betting sports every night. When I tell you he never practices, he never practices. Fedor is 22 and Filler is 25. They will be the best at one pocket very soon. Dennis is 43. Alex is 44. In two years, the Europeans will reign. Fedor is already there. And Tony knows it.

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
Fedor is already better than almost everyone. The only thing he lacks is imagination and creativity, which comes with seasoning. His ball running, cue ball and banking are elite. Tony won't be able to win in three months because he can't stay focused the whole time and he is not an elite ball runner. He's a genius at one pocket, but he doesn't have the practice habits to improve. He's in his phone betting sports every night. When I tell you he never practices, he never practices. Fedor is 22 and Filler is 25. They will be the best at one pocket very soon. Dennis is 43. Alex is 44. In two years, the Europeans will reign. Fedor is already there. And Tony knows it.
While I think Tony respects the young mans game, I think people are foolish to say that Tony is "scared" to play him. Tony plays anybody...even though Alex smoked him last year for 50k, he's coming back at him in a few months, which I am excited to see. If people call him out at one pocket, he will play for that cash. I don't know about Tony's practice habits, as I am not close to him, but I have heard that he does give lessons. Plus, he is in action a lot or playing in tournaments, which keep his game sharp. And everyone that knows one pocket knows that your game is not complete at 21, no where close...the young Europeans need more time and seasoning with the game, as well as interest, to elevate their status in my eyes. I don't think that Filler even likes one pocket in the same way that we do or Tony does...

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
i think fedor who is younger will have the
"I will show you" attitude
and with alittle more seasoning and confidence will take tony on
jmho
icbw
I agree, I think he will take him on as well once he gains the confidence. I just don't think he can beat Tony in a long race for the cash right now, and I think Fedor knows that as well or he'd try it...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I agree, I think he will take him on as well once he gains the confidence. I just don't think he can beat Tony in a long race for the cash right now, and I think Fedor knows that as well or he'd try it...
just to be devils advocate
fedor could be doing what a good hustler does
work your way up the food chain
dont kill your action early by beating the big dog right off the bat
;)
just sayin

BRLongArm

Verified Member
just to be devils advocate
fedor could be doing what a good hustler does
work your way up the food chain
dont kill your action early by beating the big dog right off the bat
;)
just sayin
That is the Sword brothers doing that. Fedor would play if they let him, but he has zero hustler in him. The Swords think they can make a little more money out of him before Tony, but nobody is going to play him other than the 18-3 and the break kind of games from guys with more money than they know what to do with. The game is Tony v. Fedor at the Derby, if not sooner. Chip lost by 7 when he played Tony even race to 27. Fedor beat Chip by 12 race to 24. That should tell you something.

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
That is the Sword brothers doing that. Fedor would play if they let him, but he has zero hustler in him. The Swords think they can make a little more money out of him before Tony, but nobody is going to play him other than the 18-3 and the break kind of games from guys with more money than they know what to do with. The game is Tony v. Fedor at the Derby, if not sooner. Chip lost by 7 when he played Tony even race to 27. Fedor beat Chip by 12 race to 24. That should tell you something.
To be fair, Tony was giving Chip 9-8...

unoperro

Verified Member
That's a who shot John riddle that only let's us know Chip can't hang with those other 2.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Even in OK City: Tony by 6
9-8 in OK City: Chip by a lot
Even in New Orleans Tony by 7
9/8, E in Austin: Tony by 2

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Even in OK City: Tony by 6
9-8 in OK City: Chip by a lot
Even in New Orleans Tony by 7
9/8, E in Austin: Tony by 2
9-8 is hardly a spot. Maybe Tony was having a bad day.
Wasn't there a match between them in Dallas at Stixx and Stones that Tony lost. I was there and Tony played poorly. I got tired of watching and ended up playing Manny Chau