2022 MOT Q-Masters July 29-30-31!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
OK we have nailed down a location and date for our 2022 MOT!! July 29-30-31 at Q-Masters in Virginia Beach, VA. They are offering no greens fees, but players in (or knocked out) who are signed up for the tournament pay $5/day rate play all you want outside the tournament, starting Wed and running through Sunday. And they have a TON of tables, so plenty of matching up will be possible.

The usual $100 entry fee, race to 3 DE with a single race to 4 finals (winner of hot seat getting the first break). The usual active member qualifications in place, which I believe is a Verified member, who joined at least one month before the tournament, with a minimum of 20 posts.

Expect to see a sign up list soon, and see you there!!!

Last edited:

Birdman77

Oh man oh man good times to be had in July !!!!!!! We are stoked to get this event at Q-Masters ! I hope you guys can come to town early & get some of that good local action !! I'll be your guy on the ground & will be providing info on this forum very soon.

Steve Freeman
westefre777@gmail.com
757-714-3456
I need weight playing bad (post2) 8-7 good

FreeMoney

Verified Member
OK we have nailed down a location and date for our 2022 MOT!! July 29-30-31 at Q-Masters in Virginia Beach, VA. They are offering no greens fees, but players in (or knocked out) who are signed up for the tournament pay $5/day rate play all you want outside the tournament, starting Wed and running through Sunday. And they have a TON of tables, so plenty of matching up will be possible.

The usual $100 entry fee, race to 3 DE with a single race to 4 finals (winner of hot seat getting the first break). The usual active member qualifications in place, which I believe is a Verified member, who joined at least one month before the tournament, with a minimum of 20 posts.

Looks like some of you sharp shooters will be coming to Va Beach !!
I will be your local (concierge) guy on the ground. I was born & raised here and can answer most questions.
Anything I can do to help get you here & make your stay more comfortable, just ask. Below you will find a wealth of information about our area that should help you plan your trip. I assume some of you may bring family & friends since this is a Resort town in JULY ! Family friendly info included !! BOOK THOSE HOTELS EARLY ! Feel free to reach out anytime...Steve Freeman...westefre777@gmail.com....757-714-3456

Airport
Norfolk International Airport - Norfolk Va- 6.5 miles 15 mins
Homepage - Norfolk International Airport (norfolkairport.com)
Hotels
Hotels - Google Maps (close to Q-Masters)
virginia beach oceanfront - Google Search
ATTRACTIONS- Distance from Q's
Norfolk Outlet Mall Welcome To Norfolk Premium Outlets® - A Shopping Center In Norfolk, VA - A Simon Property 4 miles 10 mins
Concert Venue
Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach 12 miles 15 mins drive

July 23 Dave Matthews Band
July 27 Matchbox 20
Colonial Williamsburg--57 miles 1 hour drive
Busch Gardens Williamsburg-- - Open Daily 10:00 am- 10:00 pm
Water Country USA - Water Park -- Open Daily 10:00 am- 10:00 pm
Williamsburg Pottery Factory Open Daily Hours TBD
Premier Outlets Mall Outlets Williamsburg | Williamsburg, IA
VA BEACH TOWNE CENTER --4 MILES 11 Mins drive
THE 10 BEST Things to Do Near Town Center, Virginia Beach - Tripadvisor
Town Center Virginia Beach | Shopping, Dining & Entertainment (visitvirginiabeach.com)
VA BEACH OCEANFRONT RESORT AREA 12.9 Miles 17 Mins Drive
Virginia Beach Oceanfront | Find Hotels, Dining & Entertainment (visitvirginiabeach.com)
Roughly 31 blocks of shops,hotels,restaurants & bars. All walkable, miles of beach, fishing pier & amusements.

New at Virginia Beach | Southern Living

Last edited:

Keith E.

Verified Member
All,

Just a heads concerning local lodging. I've always stayed at the La Quinta on Newtown Rd. when doing anything at Q-Masters. I stayed there for their last 1P tourney and don't plan to ever do so again. The previous owners offered "tournament rates" when you let them know that you'd be at Q-Master and that rate is no longer available per the new owners. That, along with the new attitude, overall feel and noticeable decrease in quality/cleanliness will have me spending my money elsewhere.

Looking forward to meeting you guys/ gals and being able to put faces with names.

Keith

FreeMoney

Verified Member
All,

Just a heads concerning local lodging. I've always stayed at the La Quinta on Newtown Rd. when doing anything at Q-Masters. I stayed there for their last 1P tourney and don't plan to ever do so again. The previous owners offered "tournament rates" when you let them know that you'd be at Q-Master and that rate is no longer available per the new owners. That, along with the new attitude, overall feel and noticeable decrease in quality/cleanliness will have me spending my money elsewhere.

Looking forward to meeting you guys/ gals and being able to put faces with names.

Keith
Thanks for sharing Keith. Two other hotels within 1/2 mile of Q-Masters.
Springhill Suites by Marriott SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach (google.com)
Holiday Inn Kid-Friendly Hotels In Virginia Beach | Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk (ihg.com)

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member

Sounds like a great venue and a real good time! I’d love to be there…planning to be.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Oh man oh man good times to be had in July !!!!!!! We are stoked to get this event at Q-Masters ! I hope you guys can come to town early & get some of that good local action !! I'll be your guy on the ground & will be providing info on this forum very soon.

Steve Freeman
westefre777@gmail.com
757-714-3456
Thanks Steve!!!

chicagomike

Verified Member
All,

Keith
Looking forward to meeting you as well.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Jim, I may have beat you booking a room, but I will be there . My back breaking would be the only thing keeping me from playing.

Paula is going with me. We love the Norfolk area, so much history there. Everyone who hasn't been to Q-Masters is going to really like

this poolroom. Matt, you know I'm coming. Put me down. READY for action.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans