2021 One Pocket Top 10

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Filler will be here soon and I'm guessing Tony will be first on his play list.
He would be last on my list to play, and I would have sent 90% of my money back to the old country, with orders, that I wasn't allowed to ask for any of it, until I had been home a week!

OldSchool

Verified Member
JHall came second at Derby in 2020, second at Scotty Townsend in 2020, 3rd at Buffalo's in 2021 and 1st at US Open in 2021. Who has a better tournament resume over 2020-2021? The old knock about which JHall will show up keeps him a dark horse, but over the last two years, he is the most dominant American tournament player.

And Justin is one of my 3 favorite players to watch play, and root for, because: 1. He has an aggressive/fearless/entertaining offensive game. 2. He has an admirable even-tempered demeanor at the table. And 3. He analyzes and shoots quickly - Justin doesn't, like some players we know, get up and down on shots 3 times, needlessly point at balls and rails, stand at the table posturing dramatically after making an error, and take forever to shoot, like some players we know.

The two other players that I like to watch play, and root for, are Danny Smith and Chip Compton - they share all of Justin's positive game-play attributes and offensive playing skills.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Busty has not played at all. At 57, you're day to day. And I love Busty's game. I think he is easily top 5 when he is playing. But he isn't playing.
Last I knew he was stuck in the Philippines -- too bad, because when he was here recently he did seem to be at the top of his One Pocket game!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
And Justin is one of my 3 favorite players to watch play, and root for, because: 1. He has an aggressive/fearless/entertaining offensive game. 2. He has an admirable even-tempered demeanor at the table. And 3. He analyzes and shoots quickly - Justin doesn't, like some players we know, get up and down on shots 3 times, needlessly point at balls and rails, stand at the table posturing dramatically after making an error, and take forever to shoot, like some players we know.

The two other players that I like to watch play, and root for, are Danny Smith and Chip Compton - they share all of Justin's positive game-play attributes and offensive playing skills.
I agree but would also put Tony in there -- right at the top in fact. He doesn't waste time either, and he comes up with very creative shots. Busty gets right to his shot also. On the other hand, Dennis, Alex and Corey are maddeningly slow.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Filler has been practicing one pocket during the pandemic. He's a real champion and he is game for all of it. He's not going to sneak around and stall. He's going to come right over here and embrace the challenge. I love it.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Watching his match with Tony, you can see how dangerous he is. He is getting out almost every time he gets an open shot. That's incredible pressure on his opponent.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
1. Dennis Orcullo
2. Alex Pagulayan
3. Tony Chohan
4. Justin Hall
5. Scott Frost
6. Chip Compton
7. Joshua Filler
8. SVB
9. Corey Deuel
10. Evan Lunda
Invert 1 & 2.

No Busty or Kiamco (Warren never gets the respect he deserves) - Mistake
Bergman beats half the list on most nights so I will slot him at 8th.

Joshua - Not enough data and "home" equipment and running hot.

Here is my list:
1-Alex P
2- Dennis O
3-Tony C
4-Busty
5-Hall
6-Bergman
7-SVB
8-Kiamco
9-Scott F
10-Bill Thorpe

11~20 (In any order)
Chip, Fuller, Josh R, JJ, Corey, Gomez, Dalton, John S, Efren and Morra (You got two "Canadians" bookending the list.

What would be interesting would be a EURO Top 10

The Canadian Top 10 is easy.

Alex, Morra....and who cares.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like some of your list Nick!

I guess mine would have to be:

1) Alex
2) Dennis
3) Tony
4) Busty
5) Frost
6) Chip
7) Hall
8) SVB
9) Deuel
10) Lunda / Gomez / Thorpe

Not sure on 10 but probably one of them.

Also, has Chip and Hall matched up? If not, they should!

Last edited:

evergruven

Verified Member
The Canadian Top 10 is easy.

Alex, Morra....and who cares.

hey nick, nice writeup. I'm surprised the warrior makes your list, not because he's not a fave of mine (he is)
but because I didn't know his 1p was so strong! will have to investigate this

you mentioned canada and jason klatt popped into my mind. not sure if he's active
I don't even even know if he plays one hole, but I recall him having a smooth delivery

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I like some of your list Nick!

I guess mine would have to be:

1) Alex
2) Dennis
3) Tony
4) Busty
5) Frost
6) Chip
7) Hall
8) SVB
9) Deuel
10) Lunda / Diaz / Thorpe

Not sure on 10 but probably one of them.

Also, has Chip and Hall matched up? If not, they should!
Really good friends since their junior days. They aren't playing. Who is Diaz?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Really good friends since their junior days. They aren't playing. Who is Diaz?
Ah, that makes sense but it would be a good match I think!

And yea, sorry about that, I meant "GOMEZ" not freaking DIAZ...my old Cincinnati Reds dream team seeped into my memory somehow, lol

1629386343755.png

Or was it one of the UFC champion brothers? Nate Diaz shown here...

1629386455039.png

Either way, I have edited my original post, sorry for the typo!

OldSchool

Verified Member
And Justin Hall is one of my 3 favorite players to watch play, and root for, because: 1. He has an aggressive/fearless/entertaining offensive game. 2. He has an admirable even-tempered demeanor at the table. And 3. He analyzes and shoots quickly - Justin doesn't, like some players we know, get up and down on shots 3 times, needlessly point at balls and rails, stand at the table posturing dramatically after making an error, and take forever to shoot, like some players we know.

And two more players that also have the above mentioned attributes, and that I enjoy watching play, are 'Busty' and Evan Lunda.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Congratulations to Dennis going undefeated in a Big Field. Again Alex doesn't cash. At what point do you make Dennis number one?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
The word is out. Dennis was number one in the Calcutta and went undefeated. Alex was number two and won one match before he went out.