2021 One Pocket Top 10

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
he runs balls as good as any one in the world hard to beat that if he decides to play one pocket there is no way he will not be one of the best

Reactions: lll

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Filler has the strongest ball running on earth in One Pocket. Dennis is second. Filler will hurt a lot of feelings in the next couple of years, much like Dennis did from 2016-present. Dennis won two US Opens before he really even knew the game well. In 2017, Dennis came 3 at DCC, he beat Frost in a big match, he won Buffalos, Big Tyme, and Big Dog's, and still was learning. Only in the last year is he being acknowledged as the best. But Filler's pool IQ is higher than Dennis's, and he will become elite much quicker. I expect the next twelve months to be Filler's break out year in one pocket.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Filler has the strongest ball running on earth in One Pocket. Dennis is second. Filler will hurt a lot of feelings in the next couple of years, much like Dennis did from 2016-present. Dennis won two US Opens before he really even knew the game well. In 2017, Dennis came 3 at DCC, he beat Frost in a big match, he won Buffalos, Big Tyme, and Big Dog's, and still was learning. Only in the last year is he being acknowledged as the best. But Filler's pool IQ is higher than Dennis's, and he will become elite much quicker. I expect the next twelve months to be Filler's break out year in one pocket.
But... will he spend enough time playing one pocket in the USA to get to the DO/ Alex level. I don't think he is top 5 and might not even get there. He spends a lot of time in Europe and like Shane he doesn't have to play one pocket to make his money...
BTW, Alex is still tied with the top dog in my book. Sure he took some time off and hasn't looked top dog material lately, but he does have the highest one pocket IQ and might be getting ready to roar again..

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

You sound like you might be in on any games he has.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

We have to make sure he doesn’t learn cheap.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
You sound like you might be in on any games he has.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

We have to make sure he doesn’t learn cheap.
It's too late for that. The quarantine allowed him to practice, take lessons, watch video. He soaks it up like a black hole. I think his biggest advantage is his straight pool. Combos and caroms and funny little finesse shots that a lot of players pass are right in his wheel house. Then his ball running is without peer. It's just overwhelming. And unlike Schmidt, his banking is just as good as his ball running. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It's too late for that. The quarantine allowed him to practice, take lessons, watch video. He soaks it up like a black hole. I think his biggest advantage is his straight pool. Combos and caroms and funny little finesse shots that a lot of players pass are right in his wheel house. Then his ball running is without peer. It's just overwhelming. And unlike Schmidt, his banking is just as good as his ball running. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.
I did watch him miss a bunch of shots in the Vegas 10 ball tournament. He is human

OldSchool

Verified Member

Who did he take One Pocket lessons from?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Who did he take One Pocket lessons from?
Watched videos of Alex, Dennis and Tony. Alex Lely, a member of this forum, and Mosconi Cup captain of Europe's winning team, has sparred with him during the pandemic.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Roy's Basement announced Filler will be on the road after South Carolina. Looks like Chip, Frost and Tony are on the menu.

Reactions: lll

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Looks like Tony is ready....
Pia, that's his wife correct? How good does she play one hole if anyone knows or cares to say. :)

I have been looking forward to some of the female players to start playing one hole and competing at a high level. I know there have been some before I just mean, we could use more!

evergruven

Verified Member
I have been looking forward to some of the female players to start playing one hole and competing at a high level. I know there have been some before I just mean, we could use more!

not to get too off-topic, but I've thought about this too
I'm sure they exist, but I don't think I've ever seen a gal play one hole
are there any female pros that dig the game? any strong players?

Kybanks

Verified Member
not to get too off-topic, but I've thought about this too
I'm sure they exist, but I don't think I've ever seen a gal play one hole
are there any female pros that dig the game? any strong players?

If they are anything like my wife, they dont have the patience for it! Lol