2021 MOT MEMPHIS SIGN UP

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Who win the 1b1p?
I didn’t stay to the end. It was a mix of our members and local players. I got knocked out by 12squared, and youngstown was still in also when I left, and at that point they were down to about six players I think. Top 4 was in the $$.

They have their own rule quirk in that you don’t ever spot a second ball for a scratch — you owe one, and it only spots up after (if) you score, in which case you get to shoot at the spotted ball and potentially score again. Not too fond of that quirk myself, but that is how they play it there.

There were something like 24 players, DE race to 3 — entry fee was 50.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I didn’t stay to the end. It was a mix of our members and local players. I got knocked out by 12squared, and youngstown was still in also when I left, and at that point they were down to about six players I think. Top 4 was in the $$.

They have their own rule quirk in that you don’t ever spot a second ball for a scratch — you owe one, and it only spots up after (if) you score, in which case you get to shoot at the spotted ball and potentially score again. Not too fond of that quirk myself, but that is how they play it there.

i dont like that quirk either
seems to give the advantage to the guy who scratched if he makes the 1st ball before you

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)

Steve that was interesting to me as that I’d only played it one other time in the weekly tournament we had
and they played it the same way. Im not arguing either way I think the idea speedy games. Kinda the point.
My question is how could it be 1 ball one pocket with 2/3/4 balls on the table? I like it either way.
My 2 pennies ~T

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
As with most things in life...there are always trade offs. Playing by that rule lessens the penalty for a foul because the penalized player will always get the first shot at the second ball. He will also not have to play safe on two balls, nor will you.

Under the quise of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" the preference of anyone lies with the position they find themselves in during a game. This rule favors a shooter.

IMHO the rule that does not favor anyone and provides the quickest game is simply "any foul you lose"

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That rule seems to work for them though. I lost one game that way — my opponent owed one and he made both. There is no way to defend against it.

I don’t really like to see the possibility of confusion with standard One Pocket but that’s not really an issue unless this version catches on...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Breakfast at the Country Kitchen — John and I sat with Warren — strange to see him without his sidekick Newkirk!! Get well soon Robert!!