2021 MOT MEMPHIS SIGN UP

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Dang. Completely missed this post. Stick me on the alternates please.

turns out Jon (Hayes1699) has a prior engagement - you're at the top of the alternate list. PM your number so I can let you know ASAP if/when there is a cancellation.

good to hear from you, take care Rene....

updated entry list - see post #2

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I have to face facts: My balance is off, and I hate driving more than 30 minutes or so anymore. Here's a quote from what I said about the subject in the thread re the Seniors':
"I have similar feelings. I played one super-senior and one senior event, and enjoyed both of them. But now with the one eye gone, it combines with my already deteriorating game to where it's a little frustrating. My criterion for playing a tournament is if I believe I have a chance to cash. With the younger good players entered, along with the pros, and my minor impairments, cashing is probably out of the question. So I have to think, "Do I wanna drive 14 hours round trip, and spend a grand just to play 6 games of one-hole?"..😅 The camaraderie would be nice, but I can get that an hour away at Buffalo's..:) "
Get a ride from the Col. You are no worse off that the rest of us. I cannot play for more than a couple of hours before I am completely unable to walk. Come on up and pal around. We all want to see ya. The money? When did you ever worry about 1K, you spend more than that on hair tonic. Ill flip you for it. First one unable to flip, loses. I will even let you flip first. Fourteen hours? You're not going to Chicago. I'm getting there on a Tuesday to play a couple of locos that hate progressives. Makes them blind.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
turns out Jon (Hayes1699) has a prior engagement - you're at the top of the alternate list. PM your number so I can let you know ASAP if/when there is a cancellation.

good to hear from you, take care Rene....

updated entry list - see post #2
Thanks Dustin!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Get a ride from the Col. You are no worse off that the rest of us. I cannot play for more than a couple of hours before I am completely unable to walk. Come on up and pal around. We all want to see ya. The money? When did you ever worry about 1K, you spend more than that on hair tonic. Ill flip you for it. First one unable to flip, loses. I will even let you flip first. Fourteen hours? You're not going to Chicago. I'm getting there on a Tuesday to play a couple of locos that hate progressives. Makes them blind.
Thanks, Bill. I was surprised that you're playing the MOT after mentioning your limitations of standing. But I just don't have the jones to fire it up right now. You're like Henderson and Newkirk-- y'all love that action juice..:cool:

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Shouldn't have any problem finding a game.......:ROFLMAO:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Thanks, Bill. I was surprised that you're playing the MOT after mentioning your limitations of standing. But I just don't have the jones to fire it up right now. You're like Henderson and Newkirk-- y'all love that action juice..:cool:
I just want to see the old faces. I had not really planned to go with my legs but John asked me to go with him and I thought one more road trip. I am only taking a small amount of cash too in case COL Billie wants his lifetime 9-7. Or Mitch, the beast has my number like no one in my life has had. When I do get him, it will be bloody. This next time his, not mine.
It cost a lot for me because of my legs. They swell up if I sit in coach. Usually good food on the plane. Plus if they need someone to yak during the matches, John and I have a load of fun doing it. Warren and I usually play and its fire, fire, away with him. Great match up for both of us. As soon as I snap off 4 games, he does 5 on me. I hope you can make the visit.
I would like to change the format to make it a yearly OPORG Seniors, 62 over. We have enough this year for it, KLOL. Killer LOL.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I just want to see the old faces. I had not really planned to go with my legs but John asked me to go with him and I thought one more road trip. I am only taking a small amount of cash too in case COL Billie wants his lifetime 9-7. Or Mitch, the beast has my number like no one in my life has had. When I do get him, it will be bloody. This next time his, not mine.
It cost a lot for me because of my legs. They swell up if I sit in coach. Usually good food on the plane. Plus if they need someone to yak during the matches, John and I have a load of fun doing it. Warren and I usually play and its fire, fire, away with him. Great match up for both of us. As soon as I snap off 4 games, he does 5 on me. I hope you can make the visit.
I would like to change the format to make it a yearly OPORG Seniors, 62 over. We have enough this year for it, KLOL. Killer LOL.
You and John and the others are gonna have a ball, bro. BTW, have you had a definitive diagnosis re your legs? Seems like there could be something to relieve those symptoms. Sounds like peripheral edema, although your physician can make a precise diagnosis. Natural remedies are horse chestnut extract, dandelion tea and parsley tea; and of course reduce salt intake. Perhaps you'd benefit from compression stockings. Anyway, hope you can get relief!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
It will be so much more fun this time when we don't have to mess with running a stream or running the tournament!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It will be so much more fun this time when we don't have to mess with running a stream or running the tournament!
Who is putting on the steam? Will we be able to have our own commentators? I had a terrible connection there and more trouble getting it out. I am sure people were frustrated, I was.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
You and John and the others are gonna have a ball, bro. BTW, have you had a definitive diagnosis re your legs? Seems like there could be something to relieve those symptoms. Sounds like peripheral edema, although your physician can make a precise diagnosis. Natural remedies are horse chestnut extract, dandelion tea and parsley tea; and of course reduce salt intake. Perhaps you'd benefit from compression stockings. Anyway, hope you can get relief!
I have a doctor from my original pain clinic who now works up here. He is going to cut two nerves running out of a compressed disc in my back. . I love natural remedies. Because I am on a maintenance does of Subutex, I am prone to being backed up. A few days of milk thistle, its all better. I use an oil to keep my sinuses clear and another herbal substance to keep my blood pressure down instead of statins. Thanks for the remedies. I dont think it is edema except when I fly. John has it though. I was planning on wearing knee compressions.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well we were gonna announce next week but here goes for your consideration.

Southaven Recreation Center Tournament

Andy has allowed me to announce a Onepocket.org members only tournament for 11/4-11/7.

11/4 One Ball One Pocket Mini (unsure on entry at this time. Thinking 50.00 but will entertain other figures)
11/5 One Pocket Main Event starting at High Noon
100.00 entry 25 green fee with 1000.00 added with full field of 32 for Main Event

Sorry to hijack the thread but puttin it out there~T

So as I understand it, this was proposed as a $1000 added for a full field. Am I assuming correctly that this is still true -- and in that case, I should have Redcard add that info to the poster he is working on?

Also, is the Mini a $50 entry fee? And do we have a time Thursday for its start? And I believe the Mini is considered "open" -- so without MOT eligibility requirements, correct?

I want Redcard to have correct info on the poster.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
1000.00 added with full field Friday Noon start time
1 Ball 1Pkt Tournament 50.00 entry Thursday Start Time 7pm Open to all participants

Point of Information: is the mini a single game or a race? Double elimination?

Lou Figueroa