2018 Members Stream & On-Demand Video Suggestions

Goldy

Verified Member
Hello All. This is a new thread to discuss the pros & cons using a private way to live stream for free with reproductions protected to the public, or stream wide open to a public streaming service such as YouTube, Ustream, or Facebook Live keeping the reproductions available there as well.

As many of you may know I advocate for reproduction privacy with billiard videos for 7 years now. I have developed, from scratch, a custom delivery service in a manner to still continue to provide a live broadcast 100% for free to the public, but then charge a very small monthly maintenance fee to replay the reproductions. The reproductions are then stored and counted towards a customers website (in this case live.onepocket.org) when replayed. The reproductions are also attached to a player's account, by which when a player is logged in, they have 100% free lifetime access to that video to be played. The reproductions then cannot be stolen or copied and redistributed without permission. (of course we can't stop screen capturing). But the delivery service makes it much more difficult to instantly download a video in a matter of seconds forcing a screen capture to steal the material (more of a deterrent).

There is a plethora of discussion on this matter. However, the main reason of this thread is not to give up the fight to protect the material so it may be worth value in the future to the players in the videos and for the creators who create them, whereas the alternative would be next to nil. A complete sell out of reproductions for exposure that are also subjected to predatory terms of service by the aforementioned services, is what I have advocated against for a long time.

I would love to hear everyone's input on this subject and if it would still be encouraged by the 1p.org crew when live streaming and on-demand services are solicited for future members events.

Just so everyone is aware, the delivery service I've created doesn't mean that MYSELF has to be used to provide the live streaming services. I don't want it to be construed that since I'm providing the delivery service, that you must use a certain live streamer. That is not the intention of my project. The project is open to all, and it is also a free service to all, provided those who use it adhere to the strict standard of protecting the reproduction, and so that the project can receive a portion of revenue from the reproduction to sustain its existence. Monies then above and beyond that are generated are distributed to the creators AND THE PLAYERS of the material.

Thanks in advance for the input from all of you.. I hope this feedback will help advance the On Site Pool Network project and gain the respect from the playing body of the sport.

Goldy.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Goldy, If I am going to an event and you can't make it, Ill take my equipment and hook up through you. You make the agreement with the powers that be.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Goldy you have been there for us both tournaments, and have asked for little to nothing from us. Also it has been a lot of fun both times. I'm good with that for sure!

Thanks again Goldy.

Goldy

Verified Member
Goldy, If I am going to an event and you can't make it, Ill take my equipment and hook up through you. You make the agreement with the powers that be.

I hope that can be worked out too! I mean no harm to anyone here! I simply want to promote the game, but at the same time keep at heart the bigger picture. I like to stand by the players when it comes to honoring their willingness to reproduce them, and protect that privilege properly.

Ready for California in 2018!

Click image to see live.onepocket.org F-R-E-E streaming platform here:

Click image to see www.poolvidy.com search engine reproduction results for onepocket.org:

Click image to see live.onepocket.org/watch to focus to onepocket.org's video library:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Hello All. This is a new thread to discuss the pros & cons using a private way to live stream for free with reproductions protected to the public, or stream wide open to a public streaming service such as YouTube, Ustream, or Facebook Live keeping the reproductions available there as well.

As many of you may know I advocate for reproduction privacy with billiard videos for 7 years now. I have developed, from scratch, a custom delivery service in a manner to still continue to provide a live broadcast 100% for free to the public, but then charge a very small monthly maintenance fee to replay the reproductions. The reproductions are then stored and counted towards a customers website (in this case live.onepocket.org) when replayed. The reproductions are also attached to a player's account, by which when a player is logged in, they have 100% free lifetime access to that video to be played. The reproductions then cannot be stolen or copied and redistributed without permission. (of course we can't stop screen capturing). But the delivery service makes it much more difficult to instantly download a video in a matter of seconds forcing a screen capture to steal the material (more of a deterrent).

There is a plethora of discussion on this matter. However, the main reason of this thread is not to give up the fight to protect the material so it may be worth value in the future to the players in the videos and for the creators who create them, whereas the alternative would be next to nil. A complete sell out of reproductions for exposure that are also subjected to predatory terms of service by the aforementioned services, is what I have advocated against for a long time.

I would love to hear everyone's input on this subject and if it would still be encouraged by the 1p.org crew when live streaming and on-demand services are solicited for future members events.

Just so everyone is aware, the delivery service I've created doesn't mean that MYSELF has to be used to provide the live streaming services. I don't want it to be construed that since I'm providing the delivery service, that you must use a certain live streamer. That is not the intention of my project. The project is open to all, and it is also a free service to all, provided those who use it adhere to the strict standard of protecting the reproduction, and so that the project can receive a portion of revenue from the reproduction to sustain its existence. Monies then above and beyond that are generated are distributed to the creators AND THE PLAYERS of the material.

Thanks in advance for the input from all of you.. I hope this feedback will help advance the On Site Pool Network project and gain the respect from the playing body of the sport.

Goldy.

I'd edit the matches that have extreme up down/walk around moments to create a great product. Many of us have seen up table game last 2.5 hours for one rack.
Matches that move along nicely could also use some editing here and there.

Personally with my background, I'd like ta see mics, picking up ball collision sounds and balls being pocketed on that table.

Anytime the production gives you more, be it sound or??? the product is much MUCH better. I remember watching a bar table 9 ball event, a few years back and with the juke box and the song ''night moves'' playing in the background, it took me back.