2013 Player Sponsorship donations

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
This is the official thread for donations toward the OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund. We will be sending a player to the upcoming US Open One Pocket tournament in Las Vegas again this year, thanks to Mark Griffin of Cue Sports International.

Donations can be made either online or by mail, all of the information you need is here:
OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship

We will have a drawing for those who contribute to this fund, with an opportunity to win memorabilia and/or instructional materials. Drawing chances will be handled 1 for 20, 3 for 50, 7 for 100. When you make a donation, be sure to let me know if you want your donation to be confidential, because my default is going to be to post your donation.

This will be our official accounting post, so here are the funds so far:
300.00 Entry fee donated by Mark Griffin
100.00 Bernie Pettipiece
100.00 pledge wincardona
100.00 anonymous
50.00 Cory
50.00 Miller
50.00 JAM

Items donated for drawing so far:
11 x 14 photo print, your choice from http://www.poolinaction.com/
OnePocket.org black tee-shirt, up to size XXL
Banks That Don't Go, But Do DVD
Banking with the Beard DVD
Banking with the Beard shirt (short or long-sleeve)
5 Vintage (reproduction) pool legends exhibition posters

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No money, but a shirt, long ($25) or short sleeve (#20) and one each of my DVDs, Banks That Don't go -- But Do ($49.95), and Banking With The Beard, the Movie ($49.95).
Do the best you can with them.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is the official thread for donations toward the OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund. We will be sending a player to the upcoming US Open One Pocket tournament in Las Vegas again this year, thanks to Mark Griffin of Cue Sports International.

Donations can be made either online or by mail, all of the information you need is here:

We will have a drawing for those who contribute to this fund, with an opportunity to win memorabilia and/or instructional materials. Drawing chances will be handled 1 for 20, 3 for 50, 7 for 100. When you make a donation, be sure to let me know if you want your donation to be confidential, because my default is going to be to post your donation.

100.00 pledge by Bernie Pettipiece
100.00 pledge wincardona
100.00 anonymous
50.00 Cory

Banks That Don't Go, But Do DVD
Banking with the Beard DVDBanking with the Beard shirt (short or long-sleeve)

Bump for update. Any donation helps and you can win some great stuff:

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member

100.00 Bernie Pettipiece
100.00 pledge wincardona
100.00 anonymous
50.00 Cory
50.00 Miller

OnePocket.org black tee-shirt, up to size XXLBanks That Don't Go, But Do DVD
Banking with the Beard DVD
Banking with the Beard shirt (short or long-sleeve)
Thank you to those who have contributed so far. Don't forget, there will be a drawing, and it looks like if you donate, you will have a good chance to win something.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
US Open One Pocket player field so far. Looks like 42 players now signed up, with many of the Bonus Ball players apparently waiting until the last minute.

Darren Appleton
Chris Bartram
Carlo Biado
Noel B Bierman
Brian Butler
Jim Davis
Lou Figueroa
Jim Galati
Jose Gonzalez
Chase Guthrie
Robert Hart
Jay Helfert
Rory Hendrickson
Bob Herchik
Greg Hogue
David Hunt
Jalo Kotinurmi
Robert Lewis
Chris MacDonald
Rafael Martinez Chavez
Clyde Netzley IV
Danny Olson
Jonathan Omansky
Dennis Orcollo
Mike Pankoff
Bernie Pettipiece
Rob Phillips
Wayne Pullen
Michael Reddick
Brian Reich
Leonard Relling
Ray Robles
Brandon Shuff
Scott Slemko
Bill Stroud
Tommy Tokoph
Junior Tolentino Jr
Shane Van Boening
Dave Vincent
Carl Wilson Jr
Tom Wirth <--- OnePocket.org sponsored player
Ronnie Wiseman

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Looks like it'll shape up to be a nice field. I'm sure that Gentile and all the rest of Murderer's Row will sign up.

Helfert told me in Tunica that he'll be playing in the big World Series of Poker main event, so he probably decided to dust off his old weathered cue to be somebody's bye in the one-pocket...;)

Doc knows the feeling.:eek:

Doc

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Steve; I'd like to donate to be raffled 5 Rare Vintage Posters (reproductions) of some of the GREATEST players of the 20th Century!

Ralph Greenleaf Appearance poster
View attachment 8506

Irving Crane Appearance poster (Signed)
View attachment 8507

Willie Mosconi Appearance poster
View attachment 8509

"Cowboy" Jimmy Moore Appearance poster
View attachment 8510

"Machine Gun" Lou Butera Appearance poster
View attachment 8508

These posters are reproduced to the HIGEST QUALITY to the EXACT measurements and paper as the ORIGINALS!

The posters will compliment any players game room or, owners pool room!

The posters are valued at $35.00 each.

Good luck with the raffle, Steve.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Okay, for the Onepocket.org people only. I'll add one soft-cover copy of The "Encyclopedia" of Pool Hustlers to the auction. I will also number it #101.

I will send it out at the same time I send out the first 100, which will be well ahead of the regularly scheduled edition.

Beard

This will give some of those people that wouldn't order a book in their own name a chance.

JAM

Verified Member
I'm late to the party, I guess. Who are the players up for nomination to send to the one-pocket tournament?

I like some of these prizes and may have to jump in with a donation.:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm late to the party, I guess. Who are the players up for nomination to send to the one-pocket tournament?

I like some of these prizes and may have to jump in with a donation.:D

The player we elected to sponsor is someone you know pretty well -- Tom Wirth!

JAM

Verified Member
The player we elected to sponsor is someone you know pretty well -- Tom Wirth!

Oh, heck yeah, I'm in like Flynn if Tom-Tom is going.

You know, he did win the Capital City Classic One-Pocket tournamet about 10 years ago or thereabouts. He beat some pretty strong players. One-hole has always been Tom's game.

I hope I'm not outting you, Tom. With the advent of the Internet, I mean, you got to come out of the closet now and show your face. No more flying under the radar. :p

Tom can win this tournament. No kidding! :cool:

Here's a cute shot in my basement of Baby Huey, Tom-Tom, Parks, and Keith hitting some balls. I think this was at the Colin Bowie Fundraiser Poker Tournament. Do you remember that, Tom? :lol

Attachments

• Pool table at home.JPG
    Pool table at home.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
Ah, memories. Here's another one of the whole gang: Baby Huey, Delaware Larry, Parks, Jennifer, Tom-Tom, and Keith.

A friend of ours was in jail, and we had a poker tournament for him. We cut the pot 2 bucks each hand and sent the money to him in jail for his canteen. :D

We raised about $125, if memory serves me right. :cool:

Attachments

• gangofsilverspring.JPG
    gangofsilverspring.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
I just sent my contribution in via PayPal. :cool:

You better win, Tom, or else! ;)

I like this drawing. There's some cool pool stuff! :)

ETA: I forgot to put "PLAYER SPONSORSHIP" on my payment, Mr. Steve. Please let me know if you get it okay for this worthy cause. THANKS for making it happen!

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Hey Jennie,

Thanks for the pictures. They bring back a number of fond memories for me. I will be saving these pics and bore friends once in a while with my personal pool photo album.

Thanks for the donation too. I will be the underdog in most of the matches. All these guys play One Pocket today and know the game pretty well. ( I'm just trying to raise the pot odds for me here. Keep in under your hat for a while. We'll make a killing in the Calcutta.) I hope to cut hair in this one.

Be well, and I think you need to frequent OP.org and little more than once a month, Baby. Your input is needed here. :)

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Steve; I'd like to donate to be raffled 5 Rare Vintage Posters (reproductions) of some of the GREATEST players of the 20th Century!

Ralph Greenleaf Appearance poster
View attachment 8506

Irving Crane Appearance poster (Signed)
View attachment 8507

Willie Mosconi Appearance poster
View attachment 8509

"Cowboy" Jimmy Moore Appearance poster
View attachment 8510

"Machine Gun" Lou Butera Appearance poster
View attachment 8508

These posters are reproduced to the HIGEST QUALITY to the EXACT measurements and paper as the ORIGINALS!

The posters will compliment any players game room or, owners pool room!

The posters are valued at $35.00 each.

Good luck with the raffle, Steve.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Hey Bill,

Thanks for putting up the posters for raffle. Someone is going to have a great looking room with all those hanging on the walls. Very generous of you and while out there I'll throw down a few $ on your favorite number at the roulette wheel or take a shot on the pass line. Your call. :)

Tom