2011 OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship Fund

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
I don't need "no stinking tournament"
But if John H. comes, I'll promise him some action.( with me):p
Rod.
PS, Senor would be an excellent choice if he started playing now. I'll loan him a cue stick.

Yes, I would still need to borrow a cue :) Thanks for the confidence gentlemen. Something in my hometown sounds right up my alley and I would like the chance to fly the onepocket.org flag. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town with la familia that weekend. Good luck to whoever gets staked, if it makes it to that point.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Didn't know The Barber would travel that far anymore to play but I'll vote for him to go and clip a few of those players in Houston. :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
NH Steve said:
Sounds great to me! I believe we also have a couple of Houston area members -- but they might not be "tournament guys" :D

John was going to play in the One Pocket and the 9-ball.-- I sent in entry for both (NOT our funds for the 9-ball of course). I am willing to sponsor someone (personally) in that 9-ball spot, so we have two sponsorships available, which could be the same player or not.

Thanks for the thought and I would love to go but have family stuff. Probably should be someone closer like Señor.

My last trip to Texas cost me 8k gambling with Artie & Billy. I also took RA, who found out you could charge drinks to the room. Bad karma there for me lol.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
P00lh0li0 said:
Didn't know The Barber would travel that far anymore to play but I'll vote for him to go and clip a few of those players in Houston. :D
id vote for him too:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Frank Almanza said:
I just might throw my hat in the ring. The minute I do I will start doubling my practice time. Bar table nine ball is still one of my best games.
Did you want to get in both, Frank, or just the bar box? I sent you a PM with my cell number.

Any other nominations? Self nominations are definitely allowed. 'Big Truck' tells me that Jesse Engel is looking for a sponsor. And maybe Scott Frost. I don't think either one posts here, although Lenny seems to have an inside track with Frost.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
NH Steve said:
Did you want to get in both, Frank, or just the bar box? I sent you a PM with my cell number.

Any other nominations? Self nominations are definitely allowed. 'Big Truck' tells me that Jesse Engel is looking for a sponsor. And maybe Scott Frost. I don't think either one posts here, although Lenny seems to have an inside track with Frost.

If John H. can't go, I believe Frank would be a well qualified replacement.
So would Sir Rodney, if you could get him off his lazy duff !...C'mon Rod, no use staying under the radar 'til you croak...:eek:

Anatidae Person <---Would go, but his appearance fee alone, would be way too high for our little band of contributors...Then you have to factor in 1st class air fare, Limo service, Rice Hotel suite, Call Girl's, etc...It just wouldn't be doable.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Deeman said:
Anything to get Rod or Frank on the road is good for me! :)

DeeMan

I wouldn't need a sponsorship if I was going to play, as I live fairly near where ever the tournament will be? I believe Frank would be a good choice.
I'm at the age that I wouldn't want to have to play at whatever time the director picked. I can still be fairly competitive for3/5 hours, but not day and then night. When it gets dark I'm compelled to have some drinks and they weaken my game considerably.:D I'm honored to be mentioned.
Thanks to everyone.
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
androd said:
I wouldn't need a sponsorship if I was going to play, as I live fairly near where ever the tournament will be? I believe Frank would be a good choice.
I'm at the age that I wouldn't want to have to play at whatever time the director picked. I can still be fairly competitive for3/5 hours, but not day and then night. When it gets dark I'm compelled to have some drinks and they weaken my game considerably.:D I'm honored to be mentioned.
Thanks to everyone.
Rod.
As you know, the tournament format and schedule can be very tough on us old guys.

In Las Vegas, my first match was with Bernie and lasted 6 1/2 hours. My next match was Chris Gentile and I had 10 minutes to get ready and play. Of course he is a heavy favorite against me, but I lost four/zip. Just not ready to play. My next match, after playing for almost 9 hours was with Paul Song, who had just beaten Jeremy Jones and Jose Parica.

I was looking and feeling a little ragged and SJG and Frank both bought me a drink (Jack and coke so I could take it to the table). I never drink while playing but played one of the best tournament matches of my life against Paul. The booze must have rejuvenated me.

Looking back, if I would have drank more over the years, I might have been a champion.:D

Hope you decide to play and if you do, start the cocktails early.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
NH Steve said:

Well Gentlemen, it seems that the timing is not right for me with this event. I want to thank Steve and those that supported me in this to represent One Pocket.org. Too bad because I'm playing well and my health is good.

Hopefully we can still find someone to send. I know that time is running out.

P.S. Happy fathers day to all!! Even if you're not a papa.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Frank Almanza said:
Well Gentlemen, it seems that the timing is not right for me with this event. I want to thank Steve and those that supported me in this to represent One Pocket.org. Too bad because I'm playing well and my health is good.

Hopefully we can still find someone to send. I know that time is running out.

P.S. Happy fathers day to all!! Even if you're not a papa.
Yeah, sorry it isn't going to work out Frank.

I'm leaving this open for another week for OnePocket.org members (actually lets say through next Thursday, so there is one week left before the event starts) -- if no one can go from our membership in that time, I'll make it available via Facebook or 'Big Truck' so the entry I paid doesn't go to waste.

I can offer OnePocket.org members some travel/lodging help, btw -- that's not what was holding Frank back.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Has anyone nominated bernie p or preacher ron yet? Shannon Daulton would be a good choice if he's not already entered yet. How about gbru or Gulfport Doc or Mr. Fatboy?

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
What a great bunch of fans and players we have here on One Pocket.ORG.

I was wondering if maybe OnePocket.ORG might want to help sponspor our yearly One Pocket tournament. I am trying to get it revived with our Memorial tournament in October.

Any amount would help for the Added money. The format and entry fees haven't been finalized, but we will have some One Pocket in October.

More details will be shared as they become available.