2 BALLS ON THE SPOT AND SHANES LAST BANK

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I wanted to highlight those two shots. I believe I knew of this shot and had done it, but the first time I recall seeing the head ball made when two balls are spotted was a ABC wide world of sports special, that had Fats teamed with Hopkins, and Mosconi team with Mizerak. This shot came up and its Fats shot, Hopkins is worried, and Mosconi is muttering out of amazement in disbelief; "he is going to shoot it", and he did, right in the hole. One of the great shots ever made on national television.

But this shot of Shane's impressed me, for when I seen where the cb was left, I knew he was on angle to do the shot, but what further impressed me is the draw stroke he put on it, just beautiful. I think our resident stroke guru mr3c would approve, for it is a short concise stroke.

Shane's bank; he used inside reverse english to keep from scratching and so he could slightly over cut it. The cb's first direction coming off of the ob is determined by the english applied. Left spin the cb would come off straighter, and with right spin itactually rolls off of the cb and comes off fuller on more angle, and would of scratched.
thanks again, Larry for putting this up for me, and for members enjoyment!
Whitey