1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc,
If you wish you may keep on interstate 10 until the tollway, exit North you'll have two toll booths that you may pay cash before you exit free on Interstate 45 North or continue on to Aldine Westfield, and go North. Bogies is on the corner of Hwy 1960 and Aldine Westfield.
Rod and Smitty, I didn't know that there were still toll booths available on the entrance to the Hardy Tollway North. I thought it was by pass only-- license plate readers.

The Sam Houston would be ideal, but I think it's pass only.

Thanks~
Doc

aprildrifter

weather

weather

Looks bad for Saturday and Sunday. Either a strong low pressure system or tropical storm will affect this area.

aprildrifter

Streaming the matches

Streaming the matches

If some of the matches will be streamed, how will I locate the site?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Rod and Smitty, I didn't know that there were still toll booths available on the entrance to the Hardy Tollway North. I thought it was by pass only-- license plate readers.

The Sam Houston would be ideal, but I think it's pass only.

Thanks~
Doc

Doc, I'm sure it's only some lower traffic "enter/exit's " that are EZ tag only. I drive it every day, I'll pay attention today and let you know for sure this evening.
Rod.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Doc, you don't need to get on the Hardy Toll Road, if you are on beltway 8 going north from 10 then take the aldine westfield exit, it is one before Hardy and it will take you to bogies. Go to the north on Aldine Westfield.---Smitty

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc, you don't need to get on the Hardy Toll Road, if you are on beltway 8 going north from 10 then take the aldine westfield exit, it is one before Hardy and it will take you to bogies. Go to the north on Aldine Westfield.---Smitty
Yes, I would much prefer that route. But I thought that the Beltway 8 was pass only-- no toll booths.

~Doc

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Doc. I seem to remember toll booths , but the beltway is free. I don't think there are any tools from 10 to aldine westfield. Maybe someone else can update this problem.--Smitty

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Arrived in Houston

Arrived in Houston

The pigeons have landed.:D

We will stop by Bogies later to check it out and see where to set up the stream equipment. Should be up and running tomorrow.

I see BBQ and Waffle House. SWEET!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The pigeons have landed.:D

We will stop by Bogies later to check it out and see where to set up the stream equipment. Should be up and running tomorrow.

I see BBQ and Waffle House. SWEET!

let us sweaters know how to sign in to the stream please
thanks
:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I've landed too, and I taught FiremanKC (Casey) a lesson he'll never forget... which is: Just because you're playin' a guy who sucks, it doesn't mean you're gonna win every game.

My Jackson distribution project is off the ground with a runnin' start. :frus

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I've landed too, and I taught FiremanKC (Casey) a lesson he'll never forget... which is: Just because you're playin' a guy who sucks, it doesn't mean you're gonna win every game.

My Jackson distribution project is off the ground with a runnin' start. :frus

That's a good one!--Smitty

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Check any of the revised flyer threads where I added pictures. The stream info is at the bottom.

I will post the info again Thursday before we start streaming.

here is the info from the bottom of the flyer
thanks john for the info and thanks bill for doing the stream

ssss stream info.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I remember old people telling me how fast time flies when you get a little age on you. As a youngster I just shook it off and chalked it up to them being old and not really knowing what they were talking about. Come to find out, they were right, time does fly when you're old!

Seems like just a few days ago when we were discussing this gathering as a possibility sometime in the future. That was July 7th, 100 days ago!

Next week will mark the first time in the history of the game of one pocket that a group of Super Seniors 70 + years old and older have gathered together to decide who is the best in the world.

Think about that for a second, Best in the World, the person that wins the title next week will have the bragging rights for a year and can honestly lay claim to the fact that they are the best one pocket player alive.... Over the age of 70!!!

Next week old sport!

And that is beautiful!!!! I will be rooting for everybody, but John Smith is my good friend from back here in NH, so extra good luck to you John!!

pvclou

Verified Member
1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

I brought my stick so if anyone is looking for some low hanging fruit, I'm you're huckleberry.:sorry

I'm thinking of heading out there tonight. Are yall planning to be there a little late(like until midnight) tonight?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hendy played Bob Newkirk from Dallas (who fortunately is only 68) and Tall Jeff played Frank da Barber.

I played Scrzbill for $20/game and had him dead busted :eek: but I let him fire 5 or 6 air barrels at me :D and we finally broke even. We went to eat BBQ after and he air-barrelled me again. :heh (My idea, and he tried to argue, but I couldn't stand the idea of him spending his last $20 on food.) ;)

John Rizzo was in action. Plays good and seems to be a great guy who runs a great room. As much effort as Jeff and Hendy put into this, it wouldn't be happening without Rizzo.