1p streamers, small gripe

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I watch a lot of streams and recorded matches. I am extremely grateful and know it's a very thankless job, and can't thank you enough for how many hours of entertainment (and education) you've provided.

Not calling out anyone in particular, because every streamer I've ever seen has done it, but my small criticism would be, please just completely lose any banner you place on the screen for player's breaks.
I get it looks cool or professional or whatever, but I cannot count the number of times it goes unnoticed, or you don't get back in time to turn it off.
It makes sense. You've been sitting there commentating as long as they've been playing. You often take breaks when they do.
But so so often, even if you make it back before they do, I guess it's not on your main display screen or something, it goes completely unnoticed that the banner is on for many innings.
I would rather by a mile the score lag at zero-zero rather than have a giant banner obscuring the only two pockets of the game that matter. At least just stick a small banner at the top or something if you want to note an intermission.

The players break banner is the BMW turn signal of one pocket streaming. Please just stop.

Regards,
A loyal paid streamer subscriber

OldSchool

Verified Member
Not calling out anyone in particular, because every streamer I've ever seen has done it, but my small criticism would be, please just completely lose any banner you place on the screen for player's breaks.
I get it looks cool or professional or whatever, but I cannot count the number of times it goes unnoticed, or you don't get back in time to turn it off.
It makes sense. You've been sitting there commentating as long as they've been playing. You often take breaks when they do.
But so so often, even if you make it back before they do, I guess it's not on your main display screen or something, it goes completely unnoticed that the banner is on for many innings.
I would rather by a mile the score lag at zero-zero rather than have a giant banner obscuring the only two pockets of the game that matter. At least just stick a small banner at the top or something if you want to note an intermission.

The players break banner is the BMW turn signal of one pocket streaming. Please just stop.

Regards,

Nito, ^ agreed 1000%. And actually, it's hard to believe that it's necessary for you to have to bring this fail to their attention - they should realize it their selves and make the fix.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Are you seeing this on current streams or older ones that are now on Youtube? I did see it on Youtube recently and I agree it is annoying -- but in that case the stream was re-posted from several years ago.

My beef would be the lack of ability to get caught up on what I inevitably miss live, on my own time. In that regard I am forced to name names lol. I am extremely grateful to Omega for uploading re-watch videos which are available a full week to supplement their live stream. I love what PoolActionTV does but I miss way more than 50% that they broadcast because they do only live, and one partial day of a live rollover in the off hours. They provide NOTHING that you can watch what you miss on your own time. I am at the point now where I feel like Omega has raised the bar and please, Ray, keep up yourself, so we who pay do not have to miss half of what we pay for.

This even now, when I am home with Covid, so I am not interrupted by work, but I am sleeping so much it still doesn't work lol.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Like right now, I just tuned into the re-broadcast, but go figure, it is exactly the part of the Compton/Pagulayan match that I already got to watch in real time yesterday. whoopie lol -- guess I play with the dogs some more

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Since I'm still a working stiff, and have family responsibilities as well, I'm not able to watch the live streams very often. Most of the time, all I can do is let them run in the background, and every once in awhile I'll take a peek, maybe watch part of a game with a cup of coffee in between things. I've only been buying PATV but since I'm not getting that much value out of it, I may let it go and try Omega which at least puts up the recordings for viewing when convenient. PATV has a replay channel and there is no technical reason why they aren't providing a similar service to their subscribers. The overnight replays are pretty much worthless to me since I don't stay up all night. It is perplexing to me that they can't be bothered to make sure that subscribers have options to get what they are paying for. They do all this good work to produce the programs but then refuse to make them easily available at times convenient to their subscribers. Just weird and short sighted.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
@Screenrecord is your friend!

Steve, most events start and have the bulk of the matches during regular working hours, I'm almost strictly Poolactiontvs.com. I started using the screen record tool while I'm away, it records to thier cloud on your account, I see no problem recording these matches as long as they don't end up on YouTube or shared.

Here's a short general tutorial

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
@Screenrecord is your friend!

Steve, most events start and have the bulk of the matches during regular working hours, I'm almost strictly Poolactiontvs.com. I started using the screen record tool while I'm away, it records to thier cloud on your account, I see no problem recording these matches as long as they don't end up on YouTube or shared.

Here's a short general tutorial

Screencastify is easy to use with Google Chrome browser.
Easy to record anything on your computer.
Try the Free version and see how you like it.
Free version has a time limit of what you can record, 5 minutes I think.
Get unlimited screen time recordings for 100 bucks a year I think it is.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Screencastify is easy to use with Google Chrome browser.
Easy to record anything on your computer.
Try the Free version and see how you like it.
Free version has a time limit of what you can record, 5 minutes I think.
Get unlimited screen time recordings for 100 bucks a year I think it is.

So you are suggesting I record it and watch it at my leisure? OK I will start doing that. Thank you.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
But now I have to figure out how to record it when I’m at work or asleep lol.

Can’t you just upload an mp4?? For a company that I know is very concerned with proprietary content, it seems wrong that you would be encouraging users to record your content. You might want to rethink that.

beltsander bill

Verified Member
I like to selectively watch. Just can not stay focused on each ball situation along with the commentary for any length of time. When something catches my attention, rewind is greatly appreciated. This is true of streams or recorded content.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ray, the other plus for you with uploading a weeks worth of rewatch, is that you would likely gather more last minute sales — like right now the finals are hill-hill, and if a buyer has a week to watch what they missed, they might still buy — and why not? You don’t miss anything!

beltsander bill

Verified Member
Looks like I maybe getting screencastify for future use. Thanks for info in this tread. J J is doing an exceptional commentary this weekend. By not only being enjoyable to listen to but very educational for us learner’s. His use of dead air time, ability to describe situations and his use of rhetorical questions is very enjoyable. It makes me want to rewatch and break down situations..

u12armresl

Verified Member
I watch a lot of streams and recorded matches. I am extremely grateful and know it's a very thankless job, and can't thank you enough for how many hours of entertainment (and education) you've provided.

Regards,
Almost makes you not want to buy any banner blocking it, I know it's not the sponsors fault.