Search results

1. U

Las Vegas 1P....

Went to Vegas for Griffs tournament last month.On the + side it was great to see the good guys.Its a good place to play,haven't seen many better.On the downside its a lousy place to watch but after the Reno years at the Sands you get spoiled.Keep up the good work you guys,Freddie would be...
  2. U

Montana bound

Traveling from Mpls to Montana this week and looking to play by the So./No.Dakota/Eastern Montana border.One P,3-cushion is good but anything will work.Pretty average these days and I dont mind racking.Too much.TIA,Bob 651-592-5497
  3. U

Looking to play the Great Plains soon....

Traveling to Western Dakota's- Eastern Montana this week and looking to play a little.73 and losing it but still love it.Happy B-day John H. and good luck Louie wherever you are.One pocket and banks is the best but it's all good,TIA,Bob 651-592-5497
  4. U

McDermott D-11 for sale

Real nice,20 1/4 oz. 2 shafts.One shaft perfect and one has a slight warp.13MM shafts.The butt is straight and true.New Irish linen. The D-19 and the McWorter aren't for sale.Just the D-11.Price is 375$.What else?Any questions,call Bob at 651-592-5497.Email is jameswest@centurylink.net.Happy...
  5. U

Once upon.....

.......a time back in May 1987,Pool& Billiard Magazine had Efren on the cover jumping over a ball while wearing a starched white shirt with a bowtie.I nside was the usual tournaments being advertised,a Reno Sands Regent 9-ball with 20K added.The Glass City open with 45K in cash & prizes.The...
  6. U

us open 1P las vegas......

......2014.....anybody know when?TIA,James
  7. U

Freddie

How about a couple of pics of Freddie on the website instead of the ones now?Is it time for a change?I think it will pick him up,cheers,James
  8. U

3-cushion table

Looking to buy a 3-cushion table.Preferably an older Brunswick but open to others,thanks,Bob.I am in Mpls but can travel a little....
  9. U

One of the greatest pickers....

....JJ Cale passed Friday.Great timing at 74 " After Midnight " for those that remember on ALL the jukeboxes,adios,B
  10. U

Where the hell....

....do I type my reply when someone PM's me.Just typed for 10 goddam minutes in the wrong freaking place goddammitt!!!!!There....now I feel better.Fucing computers...
  11. U

Whos shot is it?

A little slow here now for the last month or so ever since the drunk drove Freddie away who had the coolest stories and shared like a brother.Who's going to take his place?Who's shot is it?Billy? He's busy.Ghost,Doc,Alf,Petie,beatle,Vapros,their pretty quiet and mainly retort.Artie?Gone.Am I...
  12. U

I had to.....

......say this to Pel and some others mainly.I have just watched 2 video's, Buddy vs Daulton 1P and West vs Zuglan 14.1.Grady did them both and the knowledge he possesed and also a nice voice makes me think I'll never see/hear another I prefer listening to and that includes some great announcers...
  13. U

Mc Dermott D-19

More pictures for Mcdermott D-19 ad,cheers,Bob
  14. U

Mc Dermott D-19

D-19,bought from Jim McDermott new in 83.Just got it back from factory for new wrap.They also buffed out clearcoat on butt and forearm.Shafts are straight with no nicks and new tips.Except for a couple of nicks in butt thanks to my brother-in-law it looks like new.Anyway,I was thinking of a trip...
  15. U

Anybody....

....heard from Bill S. since the Derby?.......Hope he got home,cheers,Jack
  16. U

Darlington rub.............

.................10 to go,playin 1P and watching the moonshiners run at the good speed of 180MPH,sure is good to be an American on a Saturday night in America,cheers,Jack
  17. U

Talk this way

I was just wondering.If some of you guys are like me who are poor/slow typers and cant really communicate as we normally do in real time/life,how about Steve or whos ever in charge of this gang of 1P players get us some voice-recognition software program like Dragon Speaking Naturally so we can...
  18. U

The Best......

....... time I can remember out of many about this game would be at 16 walking down the 2 flights of stairs to a place with 49 tables and the first thing that hits you about halfway down is the sound of the clicking of the balls.Like being in church!!I can still hear them.Keep to the sunny side,B
  19. U

mercy

Listening to Paul Desmond blow and can't help thinking it reminds me of watching Buddy or Ronnie run through the balls.Virtuosty on all levels to be savored like words here,shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,cheers,B
  20. U

Dr.Feelgood

This site makes me feel good when I think of the old days and now also to another degree.I really enjoy the stories more than anything whether its the 60's or last nights headlines.There's a gold mine here though sometimes I forget the directions.Thanks to y'all and this game with its incredible...