Search results

1. Bob Jewett

TECHNICAL QUESTION

It's a really important shot at 14.1 which is primarily what Ray was writing about. I think his book tried to cover all the interesting shots that people might overlook.
  2. Bob Jewett

First and second editions -- Blue Book of Pool Cues

I don't know why but I'm not allowed to edit the above. Both books have been sold.
  3. Bob Jewett

Eddie Robin, both one pocket books

Both books have been sold.
  4. Bob Jewett

Eddie Robin, both one pocket books

Both books have been sold. Leaving this here as a courtesy to members in case they are interested in these books. Selling for a friend.... Both Eddie Robin one pocket books. Winning One Pocket, 1st edition with errata sheets, clean inside except for the owner's info written inside the front...
  5. Bob Jewett

First and second editions -- Blue Book of Pool Cues

Here are two editions of the Blue Book of Pool Cues. The first edition is the special hardbound, numbered and signed version. $250 includes shipping. The second edition is paperback, very good condition. $150 including shipping. First click on picture to get a larger version): Second:
  6. Bob Jewett

National Billiard News 1969-1980

It looks like they had nothing for 1969 but the next year they had results for it in the July issue (for the April tournament). Besides Varner the 1970 event included Dick Lane and Mike Carella.
  7. Bob Jewett

Mosconi cup

There are national and European championships for juniors and the Eurotour.
  8. Bob Jewett

Mosconi cup

I don't know of any such summary.
  9. Bob Jewett

Mosconi cup

Pool is part of schools in Poland, maybe starting with middle school. At some point (age 15?) the top junior players are given more opportunities and serious training. I don't think anyone in Poland played pool 30 years ago and now they could field a team that could beat the US. Their top five...
  10. Bob Jewett

Mosconi cup

The US had three decent players on the team of five, and the top players didn't produce. On paper the US had about a 1 in 6 chance to win and fell way short of expected which was 8-11. The fans may have been a part of it, but mostly the US played really bad. Europe has far more top players than...
  11. Bob Jewett

Winning One Pocket

A little late to the party.... For a clean copy of W1P second edition (typos corrected), if you're selling on Ebay/Amazon try $350. You'll lose $50 of that for their charges but you get wide exposure. A private sale elsewhere should go for $300 fairly quickly. Be sure to protect yourself --...
  12. Bob Jewett

"Express" controversy at Buffalo's tournament

Gobble, gobble. 🦃 👍
  13. Bob Jewett

"Express" controversy at Buffalo's tournament

I started the 14.1 DCC high run challenge in 2006 and ran it for the first five years with the help of volunteers. Bill "Marop" and Dennis Walsh ran it for nine more years the last three of which I helped with. The last year (2019) Dennis got the added money up to $21,000. He was amazing at...
  14. Bob Jewett

One pocket ball holders

In the case of wine, it is more efficient to drink straight from the bottle. No glass required.
  15. Bob Jewett

One pocket ball holders

I think the price has been reduced to 45 for the pair, as shown in the picture if you order one. Only sold as pairs. At the Hardtimes weekly everyone seems to use the ball trays set on the drink table between the players' chairs even though there are leg-mounted wrap-around holders. Keeps the...
  16. Bob Jewett

Special limited set of Robin's one pocket books

Price reduced to $2000. (I can't edit the original post -- no idea why.)
  17. Bob Jewett

Walt Harris -- Billiard Atlases for sale

This has changed. I have DVDs of 1 and 2 now, and printed books of 3 and 4. I can't edit the text above so.... Vol 1, DVD, $30 Vol 2, DVD $30 Vol 3, book, $40 Vol 4, book, $40
  18. Bob Jewett

New One Pocket Instructional Video Soon!

I resemble that remark. :mad: The Balabushka has been retired and I have moved to the dark side. (y)
  19. Bob Jewett

Billiards Digest 1999-2011

That's a great deal, but I already have those years. I think the cheapest way to ship that many magazines is the Priority Mail flat-rate medium box. You can get about 30 into each box and BD is just the right size to fill the box. Make sure you use strapping tape in all three directions --...