Search results

1. RabbiHippie

Oklahoma’s Formidable Glenn “The Eufaula Kid” Womack by Rabbi Hippie on PoolHistory.com

R. A. "Jake" Dyer has posted an extract from my book about Glenn "The Eufaula Kid" Womack on his website, PoolHistory.com. Please check-out Jake's wonderful site for the rest of the story plus many more stories about One Pocket and Johnston City. It's a real treasure trove.
  2. RabbiHippie

Break-and-Runs in Old Time One Pocket

Glenn "The Eufaula Kid" Womack beat Marshall "Squirrel" Carpenter in a gambling session by running out the set with three consecutive break-and-runs. They were playing 8-5 winner breaks with Squirrel getting the handicap. I also recall seeing where Minnesota Fats claimed he also made three...
  3. RabbiHippie

Pre-Orders for Hard/Softcover Editions of "The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket" by Rabbi Hippie

I'm now taking pre-orders for the hard and softcover editions of The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket which will be released in time for Buffalo's Pro Classic in New Orleans on May 21st, 2024. There's a new chapter about Glenn "The Eufaula Kid" Womack with lots of information that's never been...
  4. RabbiHippie

The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket - eBook Available for Purchase on Amazon

Available for Purchase on Amazon It's as complete as I'm able to make it. I'll try to release a free update later for all who purchase the eBook now.
  5. RabbiHippie

WANTED: Copies of Sept 2023 Billiards Digest Back Issue

Looking for extra copies of the September 2023 issue of Billiards Digest with David Alcaide on the cover. I already contacted their Circulation department. They sold out every copy they printed except for two complimentary copies they're going to send me. I'd hoped to get a stack of 'em for...
  6. RabbiHippie

Greater than Greenleaf? Emmett Blankenship on PoolHistory.com

R. A. Dyer just posted an excerpt about Emmett Blankenship from my book, The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket. Not much has ever been published about Blankenship, but he won a world championship on his first and only attempt in 1916 and many pros who knew his game ranked him above Greenleaf. You...
  7. RabbiHippie

David Matlock vs. Tyler Styer @ DCC 2023

Just found this Accu-Stats video of Matlock vs. Styer in the One Pocket division at this year's DCC.
  8. RabbiHippie

The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket

You may have noticed the new picture on the rotating banner labelled "The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket." This is the title of a new book I've written on the history of One Pocket. There are a few blockbuster discoveries in the book that weren't known before regarding the game. Thanks to @NH...
  9. RabbiHippie

W. C. Fields in "Honest John" (Pool Comedy)

Hilarious. There's so much going on in this film that only a pool insider would pick up on. I wonder how well Fields really played. Better than Gleason? Based on stories I've heard, I wouldn't be surprised if he hustled some before becoming famous. His masse form actually looks pretty good...
  10. RabbiHippie

Perfect (and Imperfect) One Pocket Breaks

After a three-month layoff, I was struggling with rediscovering my normal break shot, so I made the following video for my own benefit but thought everybody here might appreciate seeing the shots in slow motion too. Interesting fact: The two "Imperfect" breaks where I pocket a ball were...
  11. RabbiHippie

3-Cushion Break Shot

Here's a basic question for @mr3cushion or anybody else ... What fraction of the red ball do you aim at for the break shot in 3-cushion? It's not quite a half-ball hit where the center of cue ball would be aimed at the left edge of the object ball. I think the difference might be more fine...
  12. RabbiHippie

Junior Norris Memorial in Wichita Falls, Texas

Not hearing much about this event, but it's just three weeks away and has one of the toughest One Pocket fields imaginable. Here's the player list from the Junior Norris Memorial website ... GORST FEDOR MOSCOW RUSSIA KIAMCO WARREN WARRIOR QUEZON CITY PHILIPPINES COMPTON CHIP...
  13. RabbiHippie

AtLarge's Stats for 2022 Buffalos Pro Classic

AtLarge posted these stats for the 2022 Buffalo Pro Classic on AZBilliards. The numbers that jumped out to me were for which side of the table the players chose to break from. On 45% of all break shots, the player chose to break from the right side of the table.
  14. RabbiHippie

Pro vs. Amateur Long Backstroke on Final Delivery

Mark Wilson is a big proponent of a long stroke with a pause on final delivery. In this clip, Wilson measures Alison Fisher's backstroke at 1.702 seconds and observes that pros usually fall within 1.2 to 1.8 and amateurs 0.4 to 0.8 seconds. Cisero Murphy's two shots here are 1.649 and 1.898...
  15. RabbiHippie

Pro vs. Amateur - Justin Bergman vs. Preston Hall (17-3 Spot)

Interesting action match-up from the STL Players Club livestream between Justin Bergman and Preston Hall with a 17-3 ball spot. Preston is Justin Hall's brother and has the same banking pedigree but also shows some good moving skills in the early games before Bergman built up an insurmountable...
  16. RabbiHippie

Louis DeMarco 2021 US Open Banks Champion

Perhaps old news to most here, but I just checked out the results on DigiPool and was astounded to see under Stats that Louis DeMarco went through the entire field without losing a single game. Match record 5-0 but an even more incredible 26-0 in games. That's got to be almost unprecedented. Can...
  17. RabbiHippie

Like New Set of Eddie Robin One Pocket Books for Sale

I am selling a like new set of the Eddie Robin books that I purchased from Bob Jewett. For more information, I've posted details in the Classified section. https://onepocket.org/forum/index.php?threads/set-of-robins-books-600-for-the-pair-sold.430219/post-461970 The price is $600 which is...
  18. RabbiHippie

Dee Adkins Ball Spot Rating System

Highest Rating: 13 Lowest Rating: 5 Best vs. worst player is a 12-4 game according to the chart for Dee's system. Do you think Dee's rating system corresponds roughly to the 1-10 scale in Arizona with everybody up to 10 being the same in both systems, an 11 being equivalent to 10-1 and a 12...