Search results

1. jlcomp45

2022 MOT Q-Masters July 29-30-31!

I officially have something to look forward to and work towards this year!
  2. jlcomp45

Official OnePocket.org Rules Poll revised

I saw that, but thought they addressed it well by the phrasing of "scoring" a ball - you can't score a ball on a scratch.
  3. jlcomp45

Death ball

Safest bet you could make with that guy - give him the world, but every time he says a word it's a foul. You'll never lose.
  4. jlcomp45

Annual Members Only Tournament ??

One thing I don't remember reading on all the various threads - if we're sticking to the minimum table requirements to host, then there are a very limited number of rooms nationwide that could host us. That being the case, then I think an idea mentioned a little over a year ago of a rotating...
  5. jlcomp45

Derby City

I want to go to Derby - broke my heart to miss it last year, but with the lack of tables in the action room, I've decided to focus on the MOT and regional events. I think it would be really cool to get several of the regional ones going across the country & focus on bringing our members...
  6. jlcomp45

Just looked up the info and found out Savannah has direct flights to Chicago - lord I hope the world is back to normal by June!
  7. jlcomp45

I don't care where we have it - I'm starting my saving for it now. Haven't seen you guys in way to long! Only downside I've found to moving to Savannah is it's an hour drive to a 9' table - but at least it's a diamond. Hope you all are weathering this in style!
  8. jlcomp45

Savannah GA

Thank you Jim - I'll definitely look him up - and I hope to see you again. I've actually set a goal to be living in either Atlanta or New Orleans within the next 18 months. Take care brother!
  9. jlcomp45

Savannah GA

Thanks Larry - I'm as excited as I've ever been. It's been a long road with a whole bunch of unexpected surprises in my life, but the future is definitely brighter than I'd ever imagined.
  10. jlcomp45

Savannah GA

Dan, I'm sorry I didn't get to come visit you before you left while I was still in Nashville. Thank you for being a great friend to a guy all alone in a new city. Hope you're doing well. Johh
  11. jlcomp45

Savannah GA

I looked there first Larry - not much in the vicinity. As far as I know, Ben's the closest in Atlanta. I was just hoping! If things ever get back to normal, it will be great to get the regionals & the MOT back on the books! Miss you guys. John
  12. jlcomp45

Savannah GA

I'm moving to Savannah GA next week - do we have any members near there? I know Atlanta is about 3-4 hours away. Hoping to connect with some new people!
  13. jlcomp45

Signup for Member's Tournament Chicago

I’m still hoping to be there, playing or not. If I am, I know Jeanne would be happy to coordinate again this year. Hoping to know more in a couple weeks.
  14. jlcomp45

Late Edition: Mkbtank Derby Report

Sounds like it was a great time Mitch - one thing to think about - the cyclops balls seem to play the same or at least very similar - so order a cue ball & practice with it the month before derby from now on. That's my plan since they came out with a new cue ball last year. Hope to see you in...
  15. jlcomp45

2020 Members Only Tournament location poll

I can certainly sympathize with that Robert - I've played 4 times since Sept 30th when I started school here in Nashville. But only 8 weeks left & hopefully time will free up a bit. Looking forward to seeing all of you again in June!
  16. jlcomp45

Derby city

Good luck to all! First one I've missed in 5 years & hopefully the last I'll miss for the next 20. School's out 3-27 & looking forward to the MOT. Miss you bunch of hooligans!
  17. jlcomp45

2020 Members Only Tournament location poll

Bill - I hope you'll rethink that - Crabb will travel, but he does it sparingly. I also hope for Chicago because that pool room IS history for people of my generation. It's the closest we'll get to seeing what some of you got to actually grow up living. As far as depriving the rest of us of...
  18. jlcomp45

2019 dcc

Well vacation is over and I keep thinking back to last week at derby. Jeanne and I arrived Friday evening and got checked in. We went down to sign up for the 1 pocket, and I couldn’t believe my ears when she signed up too. From there we went upstairs and found the action room decidedly lacking...
  19. jlcomp45

2019 DCC rules

Looks like DCC is going to try something (popular or not) to streamline things. Grady rule plus added rerack if ball made on the break. We’ll get to see at the biggest 1 pocket tournament practical applications of the rules. Guess we’ll find out.
  20. jlcomp45

Almost time

9 1/2 weeks to Derby!