Search results

1. ChicagoFats

Up Table Battle Video

Anyone have any good up table battles to watch? I know they are boring, but I would like to pick up a few things.
  2. ChicagoFats

Intentional foul jumping cue ball off table

I have been playing with a low deflection carbon fiber for little over a year. I find it more difficult to execute the shot where the opponent has a ball in the jaws and you are making the ball.... subsequently jumping the cue ball off the table intentionally. Does a carbon fiber shaft make...
  3. ChicagoFats

Anyone know best 1 pkt place in indianapolis

which place is best
  4. ChicagoFats

Flights are super cheap... lets plan a regional for September

We can buy tickets for somewhere now. Who thinks they will still be in business by September?
  5. ChicagoFats

Any Action in Portland Oregon Nov 3rd 4th

Looking for a game in Portland. Where is the best place to play 1 hole?
  6. ChicagoFats

Wdcfd?

What Did Chicago Fats Do? Some of the boys were asking me to show them a shot yesterday I pulled on a one-ball-left game. I figured if I was going to spend time making an image I might as well post a thread. I was playing a local tough player named Sergio. You all know I don't like a game...
  7. ChicagoFats

Getting home table re-clothed

I have a 9 foot diamond with "stock" pockets. I am going to get it recovered. Would you recommend going to the 4 1/8th pockets for someone that only plays one pocket or is it good to have pockets to shoot in? Table is rarely used in general, but wwyd?
  8. ChicagoFats

One Pocket Appreciation to Red Shoes John Lavin

John conducted a partners straight pool tournament the whole day. He had some personal family matters to attend to in the morning. He warned all the players he was closing at 2am. Some of the premier local players were in action on the 4 tables up front. He was nice enough to let the high...
  9. ChicagoFats

Any action in Cape Girardeau

Do they have any one pocket here?
  10. ChicagoFats

Colorado Springs

Is there a pool hall here? Looking for action tonight.
  11. ChicagoFats

Chicago Fats Melee Trip Report

Wednesday(2 hours sleep on floor) I played at Bogies on Tuesday night until 3am and I flew into Memphis from Houston on Wednesday night and arrived around 9:30pm. I summoned an Uber driver to get me to the Southhaven Recreation Center. As I was standing at the curb, I start chatting this guy...
  12. ChicagoFats

BankingWithTheBeard.com

Website Disabled Anyone know if someone in the family was going to keep the site up? I am sure there is no maintenance and if they just pay for a fee it can stay up. It looks like it is still supposed to be active for 2 months. Domain Name: BANKINGWITHTHEBEARD.COM Registry Domain ID...
  13. ChicagoFats

Houston - Pool Halls

What is the best pool hall that is the closest to downtown houston? Hoping for a place that will have some one pocket action tues wed nights. Also, are any of the places non-smoking?
  14. ChicagoFats

Bogies vs Cal Billiards for December

Looking at either space city tourney or California Billiards in December.... I think Bogies allows smoking. Does Cal Billiards? I am looking at airfare, but this is a huge consideration for me too. Is Fremont warm in December? Bogies has tight pockets... does Cal Billiards? I prefer tighter...
  15. ChicagoFats

Jeremy Jones vs evan Lind 6 ahead 10k about to start

Jeremy Jones vs evan Lund
  16. ChicagoFats

Bustamante vs danny smith

Not sure if I am tired but I am stuck at an airport watching on my phone.... When the score was 9 5 busty lead.... busty had ball in hand... he was holding the yellow 1 ball in his hand instead of the cue ball... it looked like he realized the 1 was in his hand... he put it down then picked up...
  17. ChicagoFats

Haymaker and the great Ike Runnels

JD "The Haymaker" Doolittle took another shot at Ike Runnels. There was a 10 ball tournament up at the fine pool room Red Shoes in Alsip, IL. Jason Klatt made an appearance and an account withdrawal with a first place victory. Congratulations! There was one hole and bank action in the roped...
  18. ChicagoFats

J.R. - Be Careful of Man with Upside Down Glasses

I wish I had a better picture, but JR refused to let me take a picture. He insisted on forwarding me this picture. He ordered those fancy pool glasses (I think), but they didn't come in yet. So the other day, he played me with a pair of glasses attached to some kind of rubberband around his...
  19. ChicagoFats

Bustamante vs. Richeson

This is just a ref question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DNvNpwWTAc At about the 27th minute, Busty and Richie get in a spot where they are wedged between balls and they take fouls back and forth. My question is not about the game itself. The ref is watching the game and Busty is...