Search results

1. GoldCrown

How to learn the game of One Pocket

Can I reserve the 1st or last copy? ….Or any in-between.
  2. GoldCrown

How to learn the game of One Pocket

I'd rather have Tom's virtual or live lessons... Flashcards are for cheating in tests. Just kidding.... whatever is learned by any method is a bonus. Everyone has different learning level. I'm glad you posted the video...I remember the first time looking at Controlled Aggression and seeing...
  3. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

BTW....Never said I'm knowledgeable. My level is very mediocre and inconsistent. And posts like your will discourage me from posting. I continue to lurk. And very comfortable doing that.
  4. GoldCrown

Happy Birthday Mathew Hilton

Happy Birthday... enjoy your day.
  5. GoldCrown

The Shot After The Break

I am hanging onto this. Have been working on it and getting a little better/consistent.
  6. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

Correction... over 50 per season when I'm in Florida and would do more if time allowed. Love every minute of it. For so many reasons I cannot get to a room to play others. I do not have anyone local to play weekly. Rather pay a professional (Tom) to learn from than play cash matches against...
  7. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

I only stated my stated my review. Done. Was not looking for a bar room debate.
  8. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

Nobody has to agree with me. Like you said before some like it some don't. If anyone liked it it's a good book to them. I find the book an insult to learning the game ( a waste to the experienced) and a waste of my hard earned cash. But since you seem to endorse/debate...here we go. I feel the...
  9. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

I have a copy of Upscale. Cost about $12-15 when I bought it. It’s for sale. No offer too high. All proceeds go towards my next cue. This Amazon review (not mine) describes it best: I bought this book in an attempt to build my One Pocket game. This book is almost all useless filler. One...
  10. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

In for 1/2(y)
  11. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

Old thread that served its purpose so let’s have some fun. What overrides a double bagger. There is no such thing as a triple bagger because they are banned from public. Now what
  12. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

You broke the code.
  13. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

As for beauty and dogs that’s a separate discussion. But I’ll start and move this to another location. Does a nice face make up for a bad body. Put an ugly face on a perfect body and what happens. Now what?
  14. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

If you're referring to Upscale 1p I found it to be worthless as a beginner. As I learned more about 1P I still did not like it. The 3 rail bank lane looks like a weather pattern. I had no idea what I was looking at. There is a paragraph that says do not let anyone use your chalk. Talks about...
  15. GoldCrown

Best One Pocket Book?

Tom’s book rules. Absolutely outstanding. Could be the best to date. No filler. No stories. Nothing but great info. A future collectible. The only thing better than the book is Tom live teaching 1p.
  16. GoldCrown

New Year's Resolution

Miller Time......
  17. GoldCrown

New Year's Resolution

With a built-in wheel cleaner
  18. GoldCrown

New Year's Resolution

J.R. This is a first (for me). We are introduced to an RC (resolution critic). Thank you for breaking it down. And yes my resolution is a lifestyle not a resolution however a resolution has to be made to continue the same path. Try doing nothing all day and going back to where you left off. That...
  19. GoldCrown

New Year's Resolution

My resolution >> “0” …. And I’ll try hard to accomplish that.
  20. GoldCrown

New One Pocket Instructional Video Soon!

Maybe Dr Dave will send you a free DVD.... Out of respect why would you post this. Those videos are time consuming. They are done for the love of pool/1P. Whatever the cost is they are a bargain. Me? I'd buy the DVD's simply to support Dr. Dave....aside from the value of anything learned.