Search results

1. Skin

Reyes-Pinegar 2023 DCC 1p

To my eyes, Pinegar played a brilliant strategic match here v. [a tired] Reyes. Plus, he ran out when he got the chance. This is a really great match for learning. Also, I did not know Pinegar had been without his back two grip hand fingers since youth, effectively giving him a three finger...
  2. Skin

Never pay retail ...

The weight bolt screws in clockwise for right-handed, counter-clockwise for left-handed. That's how the balance is dialed to R or L. Doh! :cool::D
  3. Skin

Your two favorite players to watch play

Yes, Doc. One of my favorites is Varner for that same reason. There isn't a lot of 1p video of him, but he is brilliant and never seems to get impatient. Btw, I hope the heat wave hasn't been too hard on y'all. We've been at 102-109 in my neck of the Texas woods for many weeks. No end in sight...
  4. Skin

💡 First Post 💡 The BEST One Pocket skill is....

I like what Thomas Aquinas wrote about imagination as a power of the soul and its function. A thumbnail summary ( https://aquinasonline.com/imaginative-power/ )...
  5. Skin

Honestly, I don't think he meant to catch that 2nd ball. But you know the line -- he "got luck" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: _______________ I think maybe he was trying to go through the red stripe off those caroms to make the 9 (?, stripe by the hole), but the red stripe knocked the 9 away to mess it...
  6. Skin

How do y'all break this "imaginative" shot down? My guess is Efren did not invent anything new on the spot but drew from 15b rotation and balkline/3c scenarios/concepts he was familiar with to piece the specifics of it together. However, did it all play out as he imagined it before he shot, or...
  7. Skin

I don't have an extension, so don't use one. I'll shoot off-handed when I can instead of using the rake, but I don't mind the rake if I have to use it.
  8. Skin

All of it. Off the rail, in tight, over the balls, in the air, off-handed, the rake, you name it.
  9. Skin

9 ball one pocket

Head ball is the one. Or you can turn the rack sideways with a ghost ball or the center ball on the spot. However, back when the early 1p.org crew was posting here, somebody said during a discussion of short rack to rack them like 6 ball with the 7th ball behind the middle ball in the third...
  10. Skin

9 ball one pocket

A good game is 7 ball 1p. Fast and furious.
  11. Skin

A big happy Birthday

We better bring our lunch. Rodney must know a million shots. H belated B, Rod!
  12. Skin

SVB...lol

The 6 foot tables were common back when I played the bars. It was rare to break and run out with all the congestion. There always were several balls with no pockets that you had to bump out or shoot a lane open for. You couldn't really work down the table in sections like on a bigger table. You...
  13. Skin

SVB...lol

After I left the pool halls for college, I played [frat] bar 8 ball almost exclusively, Doc. Artie and I agreed on how great 8 ball is. He had a million ways for matching up at it too, from one-handed to one -legged, off-handed, with a bridge only, games on the wire, etc. :eek: (Btw, didn't he...
  14. Skin

May 26-30th 2021 Buffalo's Pro Classic-$13,500 Total Added.

Great stream, commentary, and event. Worth every penny. Watching some of those guys struggle to get on and off the table was brutal. Probably a few stream sweaters committed to shedding the excess weight and getting a stretch stick after that (raises hand :)).
  15. Skin

Hello Buffalo’s!

It was common and acceptable back in Dallas during the 60s-70s, Doc. I remember seeing SJD and other top guys doing it. I sure did on occasion. I think the one foot on the floor rule broadly came into force with the Texas Express 9b rules. Getting on the table (and the old roll out rules)...
  16. Skin

May 26-30th 2021 Buffalo's Pro Classic-$13,500 Total Added.

Speak of the devil. I wondered where Sylver's been in the "Was this OK?" thread. Good luck to 'im.
  17. Skin

Was this OK?

This guy (upper right, inside the red circle) sweats the matches in lots of Accu-Stats videos covering years. Is he with the Accu-Stats crew? He's not one of you guys here, is he? He's seen a lot of good pool live, that's for sure. And that guy in the middle looks a lot like Sylver Ochoa if you...
  18. Skin

Was this OK?

Look at what Tony put on Busty in game two in a very similar situation to that in the case game (including almost scratching in the side). Busty had good reason for being scared when he came out of his chair during Tony's inning.
  19. Skin

Was this OK?

2018 DCC 1p semi. You can see the game score and ball count. Critical point in the match. Watch what Busty did during Tony's inning as it appeared Tony was about to pocket scratch.