Search results

1. C

November 16-19 Buffalos Open One Pocket tournament

I was there that night 10 years ago. Sergio would’ve been 15 or so. I was going to play you but let the kid have a go. It was good experience for him since he was mostly a rotation player back then and was just starting to dabble at one pocket.
  2. C

My Best Game from September Madison, WI 3C Tourney

Nice to finally get to see the match. I came in later and heard about it. You may have put up 20 and 9 but the star was shooting on the table in the background. The 95 year old star, that is! it just occurred to me my best 20 point game was from that tournament as well. Gonna have to see...
  3. C

Chris's billiards one pocket tournament

They have 6 Diamonds with 2 shimmed Brunswicks in the front room along with the 5 billiards tables and one Snooker table. The tournament was only run in the front room which added to the length of the tournament but those tables were just reclothed a couple weeks back so that seemed like the...
  4. C

What would Ghost do?

What is the best shot? Opponent scratches. Result is last three balls lined up on the spot. He needs all 3. You need 1.
  5. C

How much weight do I need

9-5 or 12-6? But would he actually give that kind of weight up?
  6. C

"THE BEST ONE-POCKET I HAVE EVER SEEN" - Bill Incardona, The Voice of Accu-Stats.

Since Toledo is only an hour from Detroit, Danny cut his teeth with the likes of Adam Smith, Richie Rich and Ronnie Wiseman before they moved away, and Tony Chohan when he moved to Michigan.
  7. C

2020 Rankings

Josh Roberts, Jayson Shaw, Jeremy Jones, Justin Bergman and Sky Woodward, most likely make some people’s top 15 list and for sure make my top 20.
  8. C

The Best of Lockdown 2020 - One Pocket Ghost 15 ball Run

I'm not buying the 150 tries. I have a feeling this is part of Dave's daily routine, where he can't stop for the day until he runs 15.
  9. C

Chicago's Horace "Watusi Slim" Pollard

Rip to Watusi Slim. I played him years ago and learned from him not to judge a book by the cover. He was so tall he had an unusual stance and way he stroked the ball. I saw him miss some very make able shots and thought, “how can I lose?”. Well, he moved so damn good, it was only a matter of...
  10. C

9/6 vs 11/7

Thanks Nick. I'm kind of a jack of all trades, maybe, leaning a little more to the moving department, which is why I turned down 11/7. He rejected the 9/6 or 12/7 that I proposed. We came to an agreement of 11/7 12/7. Now I just gotta find my stroke again before I play the match.
  11. C

9/6 vs 11/7

Lol @ Beatle, I'm almost surprised it took that long to get a comment in that regard. @vapros, you make a very valid point and I have come to the same understanding. This player might just have me under clocked a bit, so I really feel like I have a decent chance in my 20+ years of observing...
  12. C

9/6 vs 11/7

Thanks guys. I'll probably make a final counter to him that he can choose either 9/6 or 12/7. And to ChicagoFats, yes he is a top 50 player.
  13. C

9/6 vs 11/7

Gentlemen, I need some advice. I’ve never matched up with a real good one pocket player before. I was originally offered 10/7 and I countered with 10/6. He countered with 11/7 for $$$$ and I feel like I might have a halfway decent chance at that but not sure. My question is would you guys...
  14. C

Where is Brian Gregg?

He was a coach for his son's basketball team. He also own's his own business Gregg & Son's. Ironically enough, he just posted on fb that he's looking to get back into the game, fishing for potential sponsors.
  15. C

Rules question!

Cincykid, right, I know that would be the rule in 8/9/10 ball, just not as confident about One Pocket.
  16. C

Rules question!

Please help me settle a dispute, rules experts. If I’m shooting a ball, and in my haste knock a different ball with my hand, which happens to go into my opponent’s pocket, what is the result? None of the other balls on the table would have altered the path of the ball I knocked in.
  17. C

Players in Chicago / New York / Montreal?

Of the three cities you mentioned, Chicago has the most one-pocket action, by far. One Pocket Ghost would probably be able to match up with you and then steer you into a few players your level based on how you fare with him.
  18. C

My most memorable bank pool game!

About a dozen years ago at the DCC, (the last year at the Executive West), I was fortunate to grab a table Friday morning to prepare for the Bank event. Playing on Gold Crowns mostly, I was trying to get as much warm up time as possible. Some gentleman had come up to warm up as well and after...
  19. C

Cliff Joyner

I second KY banks statement. Cliff’s banks very rarely left the jaws of the pocket.
  20. C

Willie Munson stories

Hey guys, I’m hoping some of you could help me out. In October, Willie Munson is being inducted into the inaugural class for the Wisconsin Billiards Hall of Fame. Every inductee chose someone to present/introduce them. Willie asked me to introduce him. While I’m honored and can share some...