Search results

1. Tobermory

If you build it

Sign me up. Are you providing air fare, accommodations and a meal plan as well?
  2. Tobermory

YOUR PICKS TO WIN THE SENIORS TOURNEY AT BOGIES

Give me 7-1 and I'll take the Santa Cruz Four and bet $20...any takers? Bob? Al?
  3. Tobermory

The Ghost

Thanks for posting this very fast match. I've never seen Jack Cooney play but I'm impressed. After a couple of mis-steps early on, he just dominated in each game. Very strong offense combined with decent defense. Not Bruce's finest match, but his opponent was out for blood.
  4. Tobermory

International open list

Looks like only 32 players allowed in the one pocket tournament. I wonder how many of the nine ball players would have entered if the field were expanded. Filler couldn't get in or chose not to enter...too bad. 2022 World Player Lists (intlopen.com)
  5. Tobermory

International open list

In case you didn't catch this, looks like Pat F. has accepted the onepocket.org rules as the official rules for his tournament. Must have done something right, y'all. Rules - International Open (intlopen.com)
  6. Tobermory

1p streamers, small gripe

Since I'm still a working stiff, and have family responsibilities as well, I'm not able to watch the live streams very often. Most of the time, all I can do is let them run in the background, and every once in awhile I'll take a peek, maybe watch part of a game with a cup of coffee in between...
  7. Tobermory

At Hard Times: One pocket

Today, Carl at HT told me that there would be no limit to the number of players, and they would be taking entries right up until the time it starts, he thinks.
  8. Tobermory

Great to hear you are coming. Thanks for everything you are doing to promote our game. See you in Sacto! Hopefully it won't be 115 every day by then...
  9. Tobermory

WWYD

I usually like that shot but not when there are balls near the head string available when the cue ball comes back down table off the line up.
  10. Tobermory

WWYD

I'd bank the 10 ball, pocket speed and draw the cue ball two rails down towards the 13 ball. Most important element is leaving the 10 ball near my hole.
  11. Tobermory

The Hague op.o MOT Tournament Thread

You got this Dave. Hopefully you're beyond jet lag, and now that you've got that table clocked, nothing should stop you from going the distance. My advice: shoot at your hole!
  12. Tobermory

nope, I wouldn't think to go for position like this, but I might try it next time

Looks like we got Roland Garcia into stroke when he was in Fremont. Today in Texas, he's taken down John Morra, Tony and Sky! And he's breaking like a normal person...
  13. Tobermory

The Hague op.o MOT Tournament Thread

Have fun and good luck, Dave. Wish I was there! Maybe next year...
  14. Tobermory

nope, I wouldn't think to go for position like this, but I might try it next time

It may look like that but if you are suggesting that he manipulated the rack to gain some advantage not available with a tight rack, then I'd say you were casting unfounded aspersions. Most of the time when I saw him do it a ball would pop out on his opponent's side, and he'd give up a shot...
  15. Tobermory

Not sure. He pounds his break shot to push as many balls as possible loose from the rack so he can get to running balls asap. Look where his cue ball ends up, just what he is trying to do with it.
  16. Tobermory

Watch the whole match. Roland Garcia could be really good at this game if he put his mind and time to it.
  17. Tobermory

At 5:07 ***Roland Garcia vs Deo...One Pocket Race to 2 - YouTube
  18. Tobermory

Thanks Joe. Count me in as likely dead money, but anything is possible...that's why we play the games, right?
  19. Tobermory

Cochran's and Palace Billiards

In the 90's in SF/Bay Area/Sacto, I got to play one pocket against some great players coming through town, including Ronnie Allen, Shannon Daulton, Tang Ho, Mike Zimmerman, Efren, Danny Medina, Parica, Keith McCready (who lived at the Q Club for almost a year in 93 or 94), Youngblood, Santos...
  20. Tobermory

Cochran's and Palace Billiards

There was plenty of one pocket to be played in SF/Bay Area in the 90's, whether at California Billiards or the Q Club/Hollywood Billiards, Town and Country in Daly City and even at Delbert Wong's Family, which was mostly 9 ball. Not so much at Sue Bachman's rooms. Jesse the Go Away Kid hung...