Search results

1. K

Pro vs. Amateur Long Backstroke on Final Delivery

I agree, but why? Why do pros tend to have back strokes that are more controlled? IMHO, it is because professional level pool requires a forward stroke that starts from zero and accelerates smoothly. For me, a smoothly accelerating forward stroke is easier to execute if it starts as part of...
  2. K

Efren's knowledge

Even in 2013 Danny D was no spring chicken. He may have forgotten that Efren went to one pocket school in Chicago. I think Billy Incardona played him some early on, but I am not 100% on that. I feel like I remember hearing Billy and Freddy talking on an accu-stats tape or two telling stories...
  3. K

Need some 1P help

Gulf gave you the text book answer. I have no problem with his response. I would just add that, for me, I am finding the corner ball leakage to be less of an issue with a good stroke of inside english. I am not sure if I am expressing this well enough, but I would suggest trying to stroke...
  4. K

Pick your favorite 1P match

That is the match.
  5. K

Pick your favorite 1P match

Danny Smith v. Efren Accu-Stats Channel My all time favorite match is not on youtube. It is Efren vs. Alex from the DCC. I am not sure what year, but Efren is wearing an orange shirt and Alex is wearing a white one. It is an unbelievable match.
  6. K

who were/are your one pocket heroes?

Many of you know lfigueroa on this board. I started playing against Lou when I was 14. I am 42 now. To the extent I ever do anything good playing one pocket (or even pool generally), a lot of credit has to go to Lou's willingness to share some of his knowledge with me. Lou has always...
  7. K

Derby 2022

I will be there. Get there Saturday, leave Thursday Morning. Playing in the one pocket.
  8. K

Do you really learn more by gambling in one pocket?

Mike and Mitch, Thank you for the kind words. So often when people talk about improving in one pocket, they talk about "learning the game". Sure, if someone is a novice, they need to learn the game. However, in my opinion while Mike may not be an ancient-all-knowing-one-pocket-wizard, he...
  9. K

Happy Birthday To Dustin Miller

Happy Birthday man.
  10. K

Do you really learn more by gambling in one pocket?

Mike, If you wanted to say that people over value the benefits of gambling with better players, I might be able to get on board with that, but I think gambling with players that are better (but not too much better and for reasonable stakes) does have value for several reasons. It might be a...
  11. K

Gorst/Poteet

Day 4 | Fedor Gorst vs James Aranas - ( Last Rack ) One Pocket Race to 10 Roy's Basement - YouTube
  12. K

Gorst/Poteet

I like Gorst in this Match. Gorst can play better 1 pocket than people realize. He was competitive (and I think he may have defeated James Aranas) in a large challenge match that included 1 pocket. People don't view Aranas as a one pocket player, but he knows enough to be dangerous. I think...
  13. K

Gambling question

For the most part, I use gambling as a tool to improve my pool game. I am not trying to get rich or run a business. As a result, I have found I am not very motivated to match up with players at my speed or lower. I prefer to match-up with better players. When I match up with better players...
  14. K

Am I bad action?

Every time I ever got ahead of the guy he pulls up. The occasions that I actually won are so old I hesitate to include them in recent results. However, other players have noticed this as well. The guy won't stand and fight, so playing him by the game means you can win $20 or lose whatever. I...
  15. K

Am I bad action?

The short answer is that I do not think you are bad action. I am not saying I have a monopoly on the term "bad action", but when I think of "bad action", I think of a game where the upside to your winning is low, but there is a chance for you to lose much more than you could win. For...
  16. K

I am Slow Learner

I am not sure what my problem is, but when people offer widely accepted maxims as advice, without reasoning as to WHY that advice is good, I find myself just unable to buy into the advice, until I know why it is right…even if the advice seems basically good. Case in point: Smooth transitions...
  17. K

Permanent Punishment

I posed this question in Wayne's thread about his AZ post to no one in particular, and no one answered it despite their willingness to offer ideas on a number of other things. I posed this question to Steve on AZ, and he did not answer it. So, to the forum: Even if we assume, for the...
  18. K

2016 dcc

I have been fortunate to attend the 14, 15, and 16 DCC events. Each of these years, I attended Saturday to Wednesday. This year, there was an announcement that this was the largest Bank Pool Tournament ever with 501 players participating. However, in general, there seemed (to me) to be fewer...
  19. K

*** Old Lambros and By George Case, Swap at DCC ***

I would like to sell my old Lambros cue, and "By George" Case. I was hoping to make an agreement here and do the exchange down at the DCC. The cue is heavily used, it has one shaft, damage to the shaft end of the ultra joint (as seen in the pictures--the little extension that sets on the shaft...