Search results

1. C

WWYD - (or maybe what would you NOT do)

I think most top 1P players are the favorite shooting on an open table like that, so I still think it was a good shot. He probably should have hit harder to push more balls over to his side!
  2. C

WWYD - (or maybe what would you NOT do)

Haven't looked at replies yet, but that 14 looks awful close to dead. Cue firm off the 12 into the 4 with a bit of follow.
  3. C

WWYD - Two top 1p movers battle it out

I haven't looked at the replies yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd shoot the 5-railer on the 9 with enough follow to get down near his hole.
  4. C

Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

Paid. Not sure that I can make it that week, but if I can't I'll donate to the pot. Also, I need 1 more ball from everyone than I did before Covid.
  5. C

Members Only Tournament: date & location nominations

All the nominees are great places. But I especially like the idea of supporting someone who just jumped into the room owner business. No easy feat at any time, but especially in February 2021. I think the answer is yes, but are 16 9' tables available here? If so, that's my vote!
  6. C

OnePocket.org Mini in Nola

So when is this? 5/29? 6/14? I haven't played 1P in a year, so might be past due!
  7. C

Danny DiLiberto needs help

Me too. PM paypal details.
  8. C

Tall Jeff

That looks awesome! One of my laments is that you really can't get that kind of food in the DC area. There's some decent Mexican, which is good but is not Tex-Mex. Alas, it seems no purveyors of authentic Tex-Mex have made there way here. Chicago has some good Tex-Mex, but not here. For...
  9. C

Tall Jeff

It's possible that I need to go to San Antonio and have a real puffy taco. Sorry if I led you astray! The original location Los Tios on Bissonnet & Fondren closed, so Meyerland is probably the next oldest and near where I grew up. I still love it when I'm back in Houston, but I may be confusing...
  10. C

Tall Jeff

That's more of a queso, but you can get taco stuff inside one. In looking for that picture, I found an article about puffy tacos in Houston. https://www.houstoniamag.com/eat-and-drink/2016/10/tex-mex-tuesday-puffy-tacos-at-los-tios.
  11. C

Tall Jeff

1. You can get puffy tacos in Houston. Los Tios has them, but they're all on the southwest side of town. https://www.lostiosrestaurant.com/locations. I've never found them anywhere else, and I miss them. But Los Tios is much less fun than a road trip. 2. I hope Bananas is able to come back. I...
  12. C

John Schmidt vs. the One Pocket Ghost

Thanks for sharing. Let's just hope certain AZ Billiards folks don't notice that, as there are now about 1m posts affirming and disputing John's accomplishments.
  13. C

onepocket.org

Especially #3! I hope the Ghost is well and returns soon.
  14. C

Texas

Hah, sorry. I thought I did post about Rick & Bananas back when I got back from San Antonio in November 2018, but I can't find it from a quick search. I owe you a beer.
  15. C

Texas

Bananas in San Antonio? The owner is a strong player, nice guy, and likes to wager.
  16. C

Power ranking video

The host is Joey--strong short stop from the DC area who moved to Florida some years back. Great guy and great shooter. Funny story that Joey might even agree with. Back in the aughts, Joey was a true 9ball player who I couldn't really touch without the 6-out or more, which wasn't much fun for...
  17. C

CONDOLENCES TO PAT FLEMING AND FAMILY

Sorry to hear this, my best wishes to Flemming and family.
  18. C

Danny Green...

Yes. Danny was respected, liked, and feared in my neck of the woods. Depending on the room and game, the three names you would hear most often over the years were Danny Green, Pookie, and our own Tom-Tom (that's what they call Tom Wirth in these parts). I played Danny a few times over the...
  19. C

Happy Birthday, Todd

Happy birthday!
  20. C

The Freezer vs T-Rex

That's how we'll all look after the Orcullo-Pagulayan match! Question for Terry. I never have time to sit and watch a match or even a loop. Is there any way to get more of a VOD option where I can just login and watch a game here and there at my own pace? Sorry if this has already been covered...