Search results

1. R

Need some 1P help

This is a tuff one but lets say i have a bad break (we are just SAYING i have a bad break;) and i think i hit it well but i've scratch, sold out, CB end rail ect. I need to understand why i did it. Lay out of the balls going to tell me? Scratch tipping off the 5th ball in the rack? ect. I know...
  2. R

Need some 1P help

I will try that drill. Much better than racking all tight. Thanks
  3. R

Need some 1P help

Level with a follow through stroke.... 1 tip inside? Thanks
  4. R

Need some 1P help

Have you been watching me ????? lol That statement is dead on. Was much better tonight. I can live with my break again. I must say that i'm am not fond of pracing breaking. I know it's a very important part of the game but BORING!
  5. R

1Pocket Ghost - Run of 7 the Hard Way!

Mad skills .... Just MAD! My take on that run if i was me would be JUST WINGING IT! (You can use that line on a clothing line if you like:) Well done anyway you put it! Oh, are you ALWAYS that unlucky or?
  6. R

Need some 1P help

Where in the homepage? "The Game" area? Edit: Found it! Read that paragraph before but didn't click the pics. Thanks Unop! (The wording in the pics needs to be one color that you can read.)
  7. R

Need some 1P help

"to hit the head ball fuller than the typical hit of "splitting the head and second balls". Maybe that is what i'm doing wrong. I'm not splitting any ball. I'm hitting the 2nd ball just about full with inside... 10:45 ish english. I will try both ways this evening. Thanks!
  8. R

Need some 1P help

Thanks for the reply Gulf ..... This is what i'm looking for "There are a lot of different variations on the break shot, depending upon how the equipment reacts. The standard break is to hit the pocket created by the 1st and 2nd balls with inside english, starting from about a half CB width off...
  9. R

Need some 1P help

I'm am new to the 1p game but not new to pool. I know this is a ford, chevy, DATSUN question but what is the best break for a newbie? 1st, 2nd, 3rd ball? English? Spot area? I THINK I can get the speed (thank God!). Played a fellow tonight that had a great break hitting the head ball. Never had...
  10. R

REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer

Gulfport (or anyone that might know), Do we know if the person that was pictured on the FBI website was a pool shooter aka a pretty good player or? If so was his game 1p or ? Second do we know if the Atla connection was real or is not known to be? I'm in the N Alta area in many of the larger...
  11. R

Action room updates??

I thought he played JRB this afternoon. Oh well, thanks for the update. Anyone know the score?
  12. R

Action room updates??

Any updates on the Jean-Robert Bellande vs John Tedder ? Watched Tedder play for a few days week before last at a hall near me. 1 day at 10k a rack 10 ball then 2 days of 1p at 40k race to 4 giving 9/7.
  13. R

Pick your favorite 1P match

lol The "Corey v Shannon, 2000 World Championship. Corey uses an 8-ball break." was a great video. I have watched it a couple times in the last few months. Game play was good but watching Shannon's reaction / expression was priceless! Talking about throwing someone off his game ..... like...
  14. R

Great match. Watched all 4 parts and watched the final day a few times over the last few months. Watched Tony play live a couple of weeks ago in Iron City. One of my top 5 players. U think his game would improve if he stayed off his phone! The man hurries back to his corner to check his phone.
  15. R

What a match! Thank you for that lesson. Shots to remember..... At 15: min, at 49: min (what a shot!), 1:11 .......
  16. R

What is your "must watch" 1 pocket match on youtube ?
  17. R

Iron City Open .... Why so few 1P players?

I was there last night to watch some great 1P so i thought. (3hr drive) Tournament starts with me seated at Efern's table playing someone i don't know. Tony/Gomez (tv table) to my right and J bird vs Cone on my left. (really good LONG match ... Cone should have won). I thought it would be at...
  18. R

Any one pocket players near Cartersville Ga?

I read about your trip in another post .... sounds like a fantastic trip! Keep me posted on your Ga arrival. My wife is a little nuts (special needs public school; teacher) and has no issues with me being SCHOOLED in pool by a traveling female as long as that female keeps traveling. lol She and...
  19. R

Any one pocket players near Cartersville Ga?

I'm am new to one pocket but not new to pool. Been playing close to 50yrs with that old game called 8 ball. Some might have heard of the game of 8 ball as it WAS the game i grew up playing. In my area it's not played much. Won MANY local tournaments playing that game. Still love the game...
  20. R

Iron City Open-Birmingham, Alabama-$17,000 Added-January 4-9, 2022

Is there a list of nice/clean hotels near the venue ? Other billiard halls in that area that can be recommend ? Thanks, Ros (I will be going on Wed staying until Sat. Never been and only 3hrs away)